• 20.04.2024, 05:53
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5 PWM Fan control is not working

Mittwoch, 4. Januar 2017, 23:45

Hello all,
I have a problem with my Aquaero 5 XT when I'am trying to control fan by PWM.
I connected my fan (Thermalright TY-147) to 4th aquaero fan connector and chose "PWM controled" setting on Fan page. But my fan is working on full speed and don't react on changing maximum power value, the RPM are always maximum. If I chose Power or Speed controlled fan is controlling perfect.
There is a screenshot from aquasuite:
NoPWMControl.jpg

As you can see the Power is 60% but Rotation speed is 1264rpm, and it's not change.

And I found another interesting thing. When I measure the voltage between 1st and 4th pins on my motherboard fan socket I have about 4.3V on 100% PWM and about 2V on 50% PWM settings. But when I do the same with aquaero PWM fan socket I have about 4.8V always. Can it be the trouble with aquaero hardware?

Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2017, 00:29

The AQ 5's only have the first header as PWM. The rest are voltage controlled. The AQ 6 on the other hand has all PWM headers.

Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2017, 00:38

The AQ 5's only have the first header as PWM. The rest are voltage controlled. The AQ 6 on the other hand has all PWM headers.
Yes, AQ 5 have only one fan header for PWM control, and it's Fan connector number 4, it's the only fan header with 4 pins, also in aquasuite soft I have possibility to select PWM control type only for 4th fan header. So I couldn't mix up :).

Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2017, 02:14

Yup, you're right. Sorry about that. IIRC, the first header can be converted to something else.

Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2017, 10:35

Yup, you're right. Sorry about that. IIRC, the first header can be converted to something else.
Yes, first header can be used for flow meter.

Donnerstag, 5. Januar 2017, 13:19

It's really strange but now all is working OK. I just removed display module and radiator to check fan header path, and now fan is controlling by PWM normally. I can't really understand why now it's working and why it wasn't earlier.