• 18.04.2024, 06:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

AQUAERO 5 XT questions, regarding LEDs

Mittwoch, 8. Februar 2017, 01:15

Hello,
I am fairly new to the aquacomputer world, but I have just purchased an Aquaero 5 XT, and I am hoping to switch all my PC customization over from the Corsair Link line of products.
I have looked around the English forums here, and I haven't been able to find answers to my questions below. I realize that some jury-rigging might be necessary, but as I mentioned above, I am hoping to make my aquaero into the all-in-one solution for controlling fans and LEDs. Okay, here are my questions:

1) Are there any third party LED strips that will connect to the RGB LED header of the aquaero 5 or connect to the farbwerk? I know that aquacomputer sells proprietary LED strips, but they don't have a UV strip. So I am hoping maybe Phobya's flexlights or Cablemod's "widebeam" strips will work. Has anyone field-tested these strips, specifically in UV?

2) While we are on the subject of UV, I also have four cold-cathode UV lights connected to a CCFL inverter. Specifically, I am using this inverter , which is powered by a SATA power cable, and which has a separate cable (seen here) for installing a switch. Is this cable something that can be connected to the relay connector of the Aquaero 5 (specifically, using item 53080)? Can anyone explain in more detail how that relay connector (53080) actually works? Does it open or close a circuit at the command of the aquasuite software?

3) I also have some fancy corsair HD120 fans with integrated LED lighting. In the instruction manual for these fans (found at this site) it describes a way to control the LEDs remotely using the computer chassis power or reset switches. I know that the power and reset switches merely complete a circuit, when connected to the motherboard. So my question 3) is almost the same as question 2). Is there any way to complete this circuit and hence control the LED lighting of these fans using the aquaero?

4) Alternatively, both the CCFL inverter and the corsair fans are powered by SATA power. If the above questions don't work, is there any way to shut down a SATA powered device using the aquaero?

Sonntag, 19. Februar 2017, 00:31

Anyone have any ideas on this? If you can answer just one of my four questions I would really appreciate it :D

contay

unregistriert

Sonntag, 19. Februar 2017, 11:34

Hello, another newbie here. I am going for Aquaero 6 LT most likely, farbwerks in mind. Also planning to get rid of Corsair commander mini since I am constantly upgrading my rig and I just feel Aquaero 6 would offer me most stable system control even other hardware changes.

1) Aquaero and farbwerk use standard 4pin led connection, so basically any led strip with same connector should work. I bought 10 meters of rgb strip, connectors and extensions for under 20$ from ebay.

3) I think this should be easy task with aquaero or farbwerk. If I understand correctly, RGB port can be actually used as triple channel led controller with common ground, or single RGB channel. So you merely should need to connect Corsair fans led to aquaero. If this requires some tinkering for doing adapter, that shouldn't be too hard.

Mittwoch, 8. März 2017, 15:30

Thanks for your help, contay. Could you please provide a link to the LED strips and connectors that you purchased? I'd really like to know which ones are known to work with farbwerk.
I think I am going to go with the Corsair Lighting node Pro for my LED lighting, because it will be easier in the end. There's also some cool low-cost stuff being done on the NeoPixel project. I'm a little bit disappointed with aquacomputer's LED offerings and with aquacomputer's responsiveness on this forum. :(

Mittwoch, 8. März 2017, 22:29

Don't count on the Corsair Link software though. I came from that mess to this controller. Haven't looked back since.

The cables and LEDs are simply found in the store of AC. Just go to aqua's site.