• 19.04.2024, 05:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Corsair AX1500i, Hubby7 and Aquaero 6xt

Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2017, 10:04

I just got my PC up and running with my new UPS, Corsair AX1500i. I have installed 2 x Hubby7, each connected directly to a USB port on the MB (using a full USB 2.0 port with 2 half height cables). Both Hubby's gets power directly from the power supply.

Problem #1 Is that there is no power on the Aquaero when I shut down the PC (power is still on). Either the UPS doesn't deliver stand by power or the power outlet doesn't have power when the PC is shut down (guessing this is it). So, with Hubby7, how do I keep all the HW running? I have 3 mps's, 2 Aquastreams a farbwerk and the Aquaero that all needs power for monitoring, even when the PC is shut down.

Problem #2 The Hubby7 doesn't seem to be able to supply enough power for the USB connection to the AX1500i. It works when I connect it directly to the MB, but not when I connect it to the Hubby7's.

Samstag, 18. Februar 2017, 00:10

From the Hubby7 MANUAL:

Zitat

Jumper position 1-2 closed: Power supplied via USB IN. Maximum current
for all ports 500 mA combined. Depending on motherboard configuration,
the hub will also be powered during standby and connected devices
may be used to wake the PC up from standby.

Jumper position 2-3 closed: Power supplied via SATA power connector.
Maximum current for all ports 1000 mA combined, split up as 500 mA
for ports 1, 2 and 3 combined and 500 mA for ports 4, 5, 6 and 7
combined. Connect SATA POWER to an available connector of your
PSU. No power is supplied during standby.

Since you have two of the Hubby7s, leave one powered by the USB port (jumpers 1-2 closed) and connect the aquaero and maybe the three low power usage MPS devices on it.
That way the aquaero should be able to remain working with the system off.
Also, if one of your MPS devices is a flow sensor, then the flow sensor can set the zero value when your system is shut down (pump not running).

On the second Hubby7, use the external power supply (jumpers 2-3 closed) and connect the AX1500i to port 1 (or 2 or 3), and the other devices to ports 4 through 7.
This will provide a full 500 ma to the AX1500i connection, and provide 500 ma for the devices on ports 4 to 7.

Not sure if that will fix the problem, but if not, then it may not be a power issue for the AX1500i connection.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (18. Februar 2017, 00:27)

Samstag, 18. Februar 2017, 00:31

From the Hubby7 MANUAL:

Zitat

Jumper position 1-2 closed: Power supplied via USB IN. Maximum current
for all ports 500 mA combined. Depending on motherboard configuration,
the hub will also be powered during standby and connected devices
may be used to wake the PC up from standby.

Jumper position 2-3 closed: Power supplied via SATA power connector.
Maximum current for all ports 1000 mA combined, split up as 500 mA
for ports 1, 2 and 3 combined and 500 mA for ports 4, 5, 6 and 7
combined. Connect SATA POWER to an available connector of your
PSU. No power is supplied during standby.

Since you have two of the Hubby7s, leave one powered by the USB port (jumpers 1-2 closed) and connect the aquaero and maybe the three low power usage MPS devices on it.
That way the aquaero should be able to remain working with the system off.

On the second Hubby7, use the external power supply and connect the AX1500i to port 1 (or 2 or 3), and the other devices to ports 4 through 7.
This will provide a full 500 ma to the AX1500i connection, and provide 500 ma for the devices on ports 4 to 7.

Not sure if that will fix the problem, but if not, then it may not be a power issue for the AX1500i connection.

I had to remove Aquaero from the Hubby7 and connect it directly to the MB and also connect the AX1500i there (MB). That's the only way it worked. 2 External USB's and the 2 Aquastreams connected to 1 hubby and the 3 mps's and the farbwerk connected to the other. Both Hybby7's connected to the MB. Guess I can let the Hubby7 with the farbwerk and mps's be powered by USB.

Thanks for the answer.