• 16.04.2024, 11:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

saldot

No pump on aquabus, only USB.

Mittwoch, 1. März 2017, 11:32

Upgraded my computer a few weeks ago and moved the watercooling parts to the new computer.
Previously I had my pump connected using both aquabus (to a aquaero 5LT) and USB but in the new computer i've used only aquabus and it has worked for a few weeks.
Yesterday evening the pump never started when I booted my computer and the only way to get it working was connecting it using USB.

Any idea why the pump would stop working over aquabus all of a sudden?

Parts used:
Aquaero D5 USB, aquaero 5 LT USB, Flow sensor high flow G1/4 for aquaero & aquacomputer inline temp sensor.

RE: No pump on aquabus, only USB.

Mittwoch, 1. März 2017, 11:37

Upgraded my computer a few weeks ago and moved the watercooling parts to the new computer.
Previously I had my pump connected using both aquabus (to a aquaero 5LT) and USB but in the new computer i've used only aquabus and it has worked for a few weeks.
Yesterday evening the pump never started when I booted my computer and the only way to get it working was connecting it using USB.

Any idea why the pump would stop working over aquabus all of a sudden?

Parts used:
Aquaero D5 USB, aquaero 5 LT USB, Flow sensor high flow G1/4 for aquaero & aquacomputer inline temp sensor.

Were the settings specified to the aquabus in the software once you disconnected the USB and did you save your settings to the Aquaero 5?

saldot

Mittwoch, 1. März 2017, 22:40

I've set priority to aquabus on the pump if that's what you mean.

It seems the problem only occurs after the computer has been off for a while. If i shut it down and start it within a minute the pump works without the USB cable. So I thought it was ok again and removed the USB cable and left it off for a few hours but when i started it just a few minutes the pump didn't start. Had to plug the USB cable in for it to start.

Edit: Checked in aquasuite after leaving the computer on for an hour and now the pump is no longer showing up in aquabus devices under the aquaero view. It was there earlier when i had just booted the computer... very strange.

I haven't made any changes in aquasite since i installed the computer a few weeks ago, this happened out of the blue.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »saldot« (1. März 2017, 23:47)

saldot

Freitag, 3. März 2017, 17:15

Started computer without USB connected to D5. Unticked "reduce bus speed to prevent communication problems" under aquabus, saved settings and the pump started working. Let's hope it stays working.

saldot

Sonntag, 5. März 2017, 18:11

Wasn't a permanent solution.
When i boot the computer the pump doesn't start. To make it pump I have to go in to aquasuite. Check aquabus, no devices.. wait a while, pump shows up. Go to "pumps", can see the pump and it's set at as speed in the software but still not working. Change the speed, press save and the pump starts after a few seconds.

So.. a little closer since I can make it work without connecting the USB but still not a permanent solution. I've added a alarm that goes off when the flow is low to know if the pump isn't running which my wife is getting a little fed up since every time it starts you get a noisy; *Beeep* *Beeep* Beep* for a minute or two. =(

Any suggestions on how to solve it are welcome.

Sonntag, 5. März 2017, 20:02

I don't know which version of Aquasuite you're running, but in the 2017 versions, after you change a value of a component, on the left side of the window a "disk" symbol appears in the top bar for that device.
That indicates that the change must be saved to the device.
If the change is not saved, upon restart, the device will revert to the last saved or default value.

RodeoGeorge

Montag, 6. März 2017, 05:17

I don't know which version of Aquasuite you're running, but in the 2017 versions, after you change a value of a component, on the left side of the window a "disk" symbol appears in the top bar for that device.
That indicates that the change must be saved to the device.
If the change is not saved, upon restart, the device will revert to the last saved or default value.

RodeoGeorge

Well said George and I've tried saying that but you explained it better. I don't think he's saved it to his controller.

saldot

Montag, 6. März 2017, 17:36

I'm using 2016 5-3.
I found the disk a few days ago and have saved that aquabus should be the primary interface for the pump.

The problem comes and goes so i cant put my finger on what it is. Just booted the computer and was greeted with a "beeep, beeep" alarm since the pump wasn't running. But it started by itself after about 1 minute without any actions from me....

Montag, 6. März 2017, 21:28

Yeah, that's doesn't sound right. I don't know if its a aquabus, controller or pump issue. You did say that once it's connected through USB, it works just fine? If that's the case, I think it's a aquabus issue or maybe its cable.

saldot

Donnerstag, 9. März 2017, 22:01

I'm beginning to suspect the pump is broken or soon to be broken.
Tried connecting it over USB only. Same issue, pump doesn't start when I power on the computer. Afaik, the pump should start as soon as it gets power and run at the speed that was previously set. Should work even if no cables (usb or aquabus) are connected... right?

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 02:09

I'm beginning to suspect the pump is broken or soon to be broken.
Tried connecting it over USB only. Same issue, pump doesn't start when I power on the computer. Afaik, the pump should start as soon as it gets power and run at the speed that was previously set. Should work even if no cables (usb or aquabus) are connected... right?

The pump should work automatically or to its default settings which is usually 60% or 100%. Something else could be telling it to power down. If you've checked all settings and ran the pump say, as a standalone, than yes, it looks like the pump is going or it's already gone.

saldot

Samstag, 11. März 2017, 09:38

More troubleshooting. Disconnected both USB and Aquabus.
When i power on the computer it takes about 30 seconds before the pump starts. After that it runs fine for hours and hours.

So i'm thinking it must be a logic/controller issue. Is there any way to factory reset the pump?

lovan6

Sonntag, 12. März 2017, 05:43

Did you check your power supply? try use a different one and observe.

saldot

Montag, 13. März 2017, 20:01

Could be the powersupply but i doubt it.. it's able to to power the rest of my computer without any issues. (7700k@5Ghz, GTX780 etc)

saldot

Freitag, 24. März 2017, 13:53

Contacted Aquacomputer and the issue was resolved quickly.

The problem was a was a worn out impeller. To much friction so the motor couldn't overcome the initial inertia/friction. Ordered a new as they had them as replacement parts and a few days later the pump was working again.

Still have issues with it now showing up under aquabus but it's not a big issue, i'll run it on USB for now. Also, with the new impeller the pump runs smoother and is more quiet.
Asked them to ship a set of decoupling screws used to mount the pump which made it even more quiet. Almost Inaudible from a meter at 40% speed with open case. I'm a happy camper!

Freitag, 24. März 2017, 16:44

Glad it all got worked out.