• 16.04.2024, 12:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero + Farbwerk + Poweradjust: do I need a aquabus splitter cable?

Mittwoch, 1. März 2017, 13:12

Good morning forum,
I've got my first Aquaero and Poweradjust products (and the very first Aquacomputer products) and I really like them.
The level of customization is infinite.
Now I'd like to customize my system at lightning level.
So I've decided to buy the Farbwek, but I don't know if I can control it via Aquaero and Aquasuite.
I have Poweradjust 3 Ultra connected to the fast Aquabus connector, do I need a Y splitter cable to connect both PA3 and Farbwek to Aquaero?
Or would I be able to control the Farbwerk via Aquasuite with the included USB cable?
Thanks in advance.

Mittwoch, 1. März 2017, 13:52

If you connect the Farbwerk via USB to your PC, then you can control it over the "Farbwerk"-Tab in the Aquasuite. If you add the Aquabus connection, you can control the Farbwerk with the controller Tab on the Aquaero. Then you have to set the outputs on the four Farbwerk channels to "Aquabus".
You could use an Y-splitter or you could connect the Poweradjust to the second Aquabus port on the Farbwerk,

Aquaero > Farbwerk > Poweradjust

When you control it with the Aquaero you would also have the advantage to use the different Profiles to turn the Lights completly off easily :)

Donnerstag, 2. März 2017, 14:15

If you connect the Farbwerk via USB to your PC, then you can control it over the "Farbwerk"-Tab in the Aquasuite. If you add the Aquabus connection, you can control the Farbwerk with the controller Tab on the Aquaero. Then you have to set the outputs on the four Farbwerk channels to "Aquabus".
You could use an Y-splitter or you could connect the Poweradjust to the second Aquabus port on the Farbwerk,

Aquaero > Farbwerk > Poweradjust

When you control it with the Aquaero you would also have the advantage to use the different Profiles to turn the Lights completly off easily :)

Hi Fieldrider,
thanks for your help!
I would try both the configuration, but I'm interested in connecting it via Aquabus to use it as controller, and turning off the lights when needed.
Is there any particular reason to put the Farbwerk before the Poweradjust?
Thanks again!

Donnerstag, 2. März 2017, 17:34

No, its just because the Farbwerk hast two aquabus ports on it where you can connect another device to it. I am not sure if the poweradjust has two of these too, I have none :D

The Farbwerk just acts like an inbuilt Y-splitter I guess

Donnerstag, 2. März 2017, 17:48

It's been a while (years) since I used a PowerAdjust, but if I recall it also has two Aquabus Headers.
That allow you to basically daisy chain the Aquaero > Farbwerk > PowerAdjust OR Aquaero > PowerAdjust > Farbwerk.

RodeoGeorge