• 19.04.2024, 05:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

lovan6

Is there a way Aquacomputer can add more calibrated profiles on there MPS sensor?

Dienstag, 7. März 2017, 04:35

Just an idea if Aquacomputer can add more calibrated profiles on there MPS sensor? Since its only limited to 3 profiles why add more profiles into the sensor. Since Aquacomputer start charging for their Aquasuite, might as well sell calibrated profiles on different hose system. The sensor is nice but its half bake and in order to calibrate, user has to buy a flow meter which cost an average of $15 to $50. since some user will only use the flow meter once its a waste of money. Maybe charge like $10 to $15 bucks.

Mittwoch, 8. März 2017, 01:04

I assume you are speaking of the MPS Flow sensor?

The defaults provided are in the ballpark, though they may not be absolutely accurate.
But, for me anyway, the purpose of a flow sensor is more to detect change over time.
As long at the flow indicated is consistent, the loop is functioning properly.
If the flow rate decreases, a blockage may be indicated.

lovan6

Mittwoch, 8. März 2017, 11:23

Thanks Infoseeker. Yes you are right its about my MPS400. Currently my flow is hovering between 75 LPH to 223 LPH at 3000 to 4800 rpm anything below 80 it does not give me a reading. I know for a fact that these sensor will not register below 80 LPH. but one thing really puzzles me is from a single EK D5 gen 2 and upgraded to dual series pump, there was no noticeable improvement. correct me if I am wrong but the way the sensor was design was a fix rpm on an Aquacomputer USB D5 which is set and forget to get a desired flow reading. but my pump is PWM and the rpm varies depending on the load connected to cpu motherboard fan. The Aquacomputer pump is a vario model and its control thru Aquabus with Aquaero.

Anyway since the sensor is not absolute accurate, what are the parameters if flow is decreasing? 1 to 1.5 GPM is the desired flow but what constitute a blockage?

Mittwoch, 8. März 2017, 16:09

Thanks Infoseeker. Yes you are right its about my MPS400. Currently my flow is hovering between 75 LPH to 223 LPH at 3000 to 4800 rpm anything below 80 it does not give me a reading. I know for a fact that these sensor will not register below 80 LPH. but one thing really puzzles me is from a single EK D5 gen 2 and upgraded to dual series pump, there was no noticeable improvement. correct me if I am wrong but the way the sensor was design was a fix rpm on an Aquacomputer USB D5 which is set and forget to get a desired flow reading. but my pump is PWM and the rpm varies depending on the load connected to cpu motherboard fan. The Aquacomputer pump is a vario model and its control thru Aquabus with Aquaero.
The flow sensors measures flow and it is not tied to any pump's RPM, other than flow varying with pump RPM.
And as you stated, the cutoff for the MPS Flow 400 is 80/400.

As to the pumps' performance:Since your pumps are in series (most enthusiasts' preferred manner) not seeing a significant flow increase from adding the second pump is normal.

If I read you post correctly, you have one EK D5 gen 2 pump controlled by the mobo CPU fan header, and one aquacomputer D5 USB pump controlled by an aquaero?
Where you may be best served is to remove the EK D5 PWM control from the CPU fan header and use an aquaero PWM port instead.
Then set both pums to run at the same speed that gives you a desired flow rate & noise level.
Maybe somewhere between 150lph to 200lph.
A common strategy for water cooled loop control centers on controlling radiator fan speed according to a differential temperature between loop water and ambient air.
The greater the water/ambient delta, the greater the fan speed.

Zitat

Anyway since the sensor is not absolute accurate, what are the parameters if flow is decreasing? 1 to 1.5 GPM is the desired flow but what constitute a blockage?
If you run variable speed pump(s), you would have to keep a log of the flow vs. pump rpm and compare flow rates for the associated pump RPM.
A consistent flow decrease for a specific pump RPM would indicate blockage.
The greater the flow decrease, the greater the blockage in the loop.

lovan6

Mittwoch, 8. März 2017, 23:49

Zitat

If I read you post correctly, you have one EK D5 gen 2 pump controlled
by the mobo CPU fan header, and one aquacomputer D5 USB pump controlled
by an aquaero?
I have 2 EK D5 pump pwm in series. I am just trying to differentiate an EK D5 Gen 2 as PWM on Aquacomputer Electronic variable speed.

Zitat

Where you may be best served is to remove the EK D5 PWM control from the CPU fan header and use an aquaero PWM port instead.

Can these be done on EK D5 Gen 2 pump to set both pump desired speed, flowrate and noise?

Zitat

A common strategy for water cooled loop control centers on controlling
radiator fan speed according to a differential temperature between loop
water and ambient air.

The greater the water/ambient delta, the greater the fan speed.

Currently my Delta T on idle is 1.3 while on load is 3 to 5.6 on a tropical climate with average ambient temp between 33 to 39 degrees celcius. Using 2 temp sensor set on average and 2 water sensor on rad in and out. it is also set on absolute temperature difference.

Donnerstag, 9. März 2017, 00:26

As long as the pumps get power from the PSU, you can get a PWM splitter cable for both pumps, something like this which plugs them both into one channel like I have done so they're both sync'd as you don't want one pump working harder than the other.

Just make sure the channel is set to PWM as they aren't by default.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (9. März 2017, 00:28)

lovan6

Donnerstag, 9. März 2017, 00:40

Zitat

As long as the pumps get power from the PSU, you can get a PWM splitter cable for both pumps, something like this
which plugs them both into one channel like I have done so they're both
sync'd as you don't want one pump working harder than the other.

Just make sure the channel is set to PWM as they aren't by default.
I am currently using this type of pwm cable.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cable-y-splitter-2-fan-pwm-10cm

And its connected to my motherboard cpu pin header.

My question is if I plug the pwm cable to the Aquaero fan header and set as PWM, Is it possible to control the speed, flow on desired level? Can I use the fan curve to control it and how?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lovan6« (9. März 2017, 00:47)

Donnerstag, 9. März 2017, 03:14

That cable should work just fine.

You create a curve under the controllers tab in the software.

I personally have set two curves. One for all the rad fans and one for the two pumps in serial. All of them are based off of the water output from one rad. So as it gradually rises, the fans and pumps move accordingly. It's really that simple.

lovan6

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 04:41

I was able to set the MPS 400 sensor and EK D5 Gen 2 properly using InfoSeeker and GTXJackBauer
advice. Many thanks to you guys.

It took me several months to finally figure out on how the Aquaero and its peripheral to work.

My current setup includes the following:

Aquaero 6 LT

MPS 400

Farbwerk with Aquacomouter IP67 RGB

Splitty 9

Aquacomputer Hubby 7

8 Gentle Typhoon AP-15

Ek-Xtop Revo Dual D5 PWM Gen 2 pump

2 Aquacomputer Temp sensor G 1/4

Problems I encounter are the following:

MPS 400 has erratic reading and it will not register below 80 LPH.

Solution is to reset the MPS 400 sensor to default and reconfigure. EKWB D5 PWM was before connected to my CPU fan header which cause to throw out the sensor reading and curve control. As per InfoSeeker and GTXJackBauer advice, I connected the pump PWM to #4 on 6LT fan header and set PWM on Aquasuite.

On Aquasuite pump Fan Control I set minimum voltage to 7 volts and maximum 12 volts with Hold Minimum Power check. If I try to lower fan minimum voltage the MPS 400 sensor will not hold a reading below 80 LPH. at 7 volts the mps 400 will read 150 LPH on idle. The curve control is also vital because it correlates with fan control.

As per Infoseekers advice to set fan control speed, it needs a differential temp between loop water and ambient air and using Aquacomputer temp sensor G 1/4 place an important vital role. I had my first impression on using temps from CPU, GPU to get Delta T was correct. I was wrong.

Using 2 water sensor for rad in and out together with bundle Aquaero temp sensor as ambient temp to create Virtual sensor. I set the 2 water sensor as average then add the ambient sensor to create Virtual sensor set to Absolute temp difference which resulted to Delta T.

To control my fans I created 3 fan curves + 1 for pump using virtual sensor reading of Delta T.

Pump curve:

I use Virtual sensor Delta T as source.
I set the Minimum temp as -1 maximum to 4. startup curve below zero (red line). pump pwm is connected to Aquaero fan header and wanted to maintain that its always on. Pump speed was set to 40%minimum and maximum 100 % anything below 40% the MPS 400 will not get a reading.

On the Farbwerk I did use different RGB but I ended up using Aquacomputer. other brand have saturated colors while the Aquacomputer rgb are not. Also I solder the wire directly to the RGB because the clips don't hold well.

I have no problem using the Splitty 9 to control my pwm fans and no need to plug on 12 volts power supply. if aquacomputer can label which pins plug between fan and Aquabus will be nice.

Hubby 7 is a well built unit. I set the jumper header to USB and plug to my motherboard. If I use the sata pin to power " Sleep or hibernate does not work". I have a dual boot OSX El Capitan and Windows 10. OSX have trouble getting sleep with Hubby 7 with sata power. any Aquacomputer devices plug to USB including the Aquaero are recognize by OSX natively.

Remember what works for me may not work to others. this is just what I have experience with Aquaero and its peripherals.

Thank you InfoSeeker and GTXJackBauer.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lovan6« (10. März 2017, 04:49)

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 06:09

Glad it all worked out. I will say, it's a great piece of hardware and once you've become familiar with it, the skies the limit.