• 17.04.2024, 00:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Problems with Aqualis and D5 aquabus pump

Samstag, 18. März 2017, 07:13

Recently i noticed that the pump is not pushing enough coolant, i barely see the flow comming from the fountain effect. The thing is that yesterday eventually after I reset the computer the pump started pushing a lot of coolant and I was able to see the Fountain effect again.
This morning when I turned on again the computer i notices that came back to the low flow movement....
Do you guys have some recomendation?? Even at full speed i cant see the fountain effect, yesterday when was working properly i turned the pump from 100% to 40 % because the fountain effect was very loud... Today i can´t even see bubles inside the reservoir...

Mittwoch, 22. März 2017, 07:40

I was reading online and i may say that the D5 pump is connected with other molex connectors. Should i connect it alone directly to th psu to avoid any problem?? I dont know what to do or how can i go back to the high fluid performance.... Some suggestions??

Mittwoch, 22. März 2017, 23:49

Hi,

There really isn't enough information given to be much help.

Perhaps you can describe your loop, such as # and type of blocks, etc.
Do you have a flow sensor and if so what does it read?

The one time change between good fountain effect and generally low fountain effect may indicate a blockage somewhere that shifted a bit once.

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 00:48

Yeah!! My loop have Aqualis 450ml reservoir with d5 pump top with flow meter and d5 usb aquabus pump -----> Soft tubbing to Cpu -----> 360 alphacool xt45 rad ------> Gpu ek 970 block --------> Alphacool xt45 rad -----> Back to the pump.
Before i had hard tubing but because of the low flow i took all the loop apart and clean each block and rad, change it to soft tubbing, nothing changed. I do have a flow meter from AQ but i need to find time to take apart the loop and fill it again.
Is just the other day randomly I could se the fountain effect running faster. The next day when I turned back on the Computer the flow change from the last day.... Is sad because is a nice reservoir and pump combo but the low flow that i can see kills everything on it.

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 04:31

Also what fluid is being used and is the loop near high humidity and sun light?

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 04:59

Yeah!! My loop have Aqualis 450ml reservoir with d5 pump top with flow meter and d5 usb aquabus pump -----> Soft tubbing to Cpu -----> 360 alphacool xt45 rad ------> Gpu ek 970 block --------> Alphacool xt45 rad -----> Back to the pump.
Before i had hard tubing but because of the low flow i took all the loop apart and clean each block and rad, change it to soft tubbing, nothing changed. I do have a flow meter from AQ but i need to find time to take apart the loop and fill it again.
Is just the other day randomly I could se the fountain effect running faster. The next day when I turned back on the Computer the flow change from the last day.... Is sad because is a nice reservoir and pump combo but the low flow that i can see kills everything on it.

This is a bit of a puzzler.
A single D5 pump should be sufficient for the loop you described.

Your pump is fully primed with no air in it?
Did you have the flow sensor installed before, and if so, do you remember the flow rate you were getting?

A picture of the loop may help in understanding the issue.

EDIT:

Zitat

I was reading online and i may say that the D5 pump is connected with other molex connectors. Should i connect it alone directly to th psu to avoid any problem?? I dont know what to do or how can i go back to the high fluid performance.... Some suggestions??

Yes, the D5 pump power connector should be plugged into to a 5V/12V Molex connector from your PSU.
But it need not be exclusive, it can be on a Y-splitter from the PSU.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (23. März 2017, 05:06)

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 09:18

The coolant is Destiled water with biocides!! Mayhems Clear X1
The loop is fully primed. This weekend i will take apart the loop again and install the flow sensor after the radiator and before entering the pump again. I was even thinking to test with the flow meter after the pump reservoir and after the pump reservoir to check how is the impact of the different blocks and radiators on the loop.

But really what i dont understand is how from one day to another the flow can change so much...

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 10:26

Your best bet is to check to blocks for any buildup. After that would mean the pump, at what level is it really working for.

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 10:44

I will take apart the loop this weekend tocheck again but i doubt it because i took it apart one month ago to check everything. Also no matter if the pump is working at full speed will not happend any fointain effect.
Last day working at level 40% i turn it down because the fountain effect was pushing a lot of fluid. I turned it to 100% and was really loud so i just set it up to 30%.Today even at 100% the effect it's gone.

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 10:50

If the effect is gone after a while, especially at 100%, there must be a blockage somewhere.

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 11:06

Like two months ago I dismantled all the system because I was concerned about the flow. I had hard tubing so I change it to soft tubing thinking that maybe the 90 degrees fittings was the cause of the low flow. I also tear apart the el block, cpu block and flush the radiator with mayhems blitz pro and nothing change....
Some other suggestions before I tear apart the loop again?
Thanks for the help and troubleshooting :) :) :)

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 12:59

Other than some blockage of some sort, make sure on specific blocks that you direct the IN and OUT correctly as some are designed as so.

I still think something is going on and possible either debris or some type of build up..

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 18:47

Just came across this thread and I'm thinking just maybe, whether your pump itself its going down heal. You might have pump spinning and making all bunch of noise and it can even show you 100% or 12Vusage but is it really spinning at appropriate RPM.

Freitag, 24. März 2017, 04:55

So that means that the problem will be with the aquacomputer aquaero lt instead of the D5 pump... Not really idea of how i can make it work in the appropiate speed that i want. As i told before i will tear down the loop this weekend the clean it one more time and check that their is no build up inside the blocks or any kind of build up.
Just came across this thread and I'm thinking just maybe, whether your pump itself its going down heal. You might have pump spinning and making all bunch of noise and it can even show you 100% or 12Vusage but is it really spinning at appropriate RPM.

Freitag, 24. März 2017, 05:27

Zitat

So that means that the problem will be with the aquacomputer aquaero lt nstead of the D5 pump... Not really idea of how i can make it work in the appropiate speed that i want. As i told before i will tear down the loop this weekend the clean it one more time and check that their is no build up inside the blocks or any kind of build up.
Problem with pump itself not aquaero. Could be also something to do with pumps aquabus system that might be undervolting after while. If you don't have RPM reading I assume you don't or you would have mentioned, if there is any issue you might not be even getting the RPM you think you do.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (24. März 2017, 05:48)

Freitag, 24. März 2017, 09:00

In the aquaero aquasuite in the mps part is reporting 4700 rpm so I think is not the problem. Maybe I have some problems with the d5 pump... Ahhhggg today I will tear apart the loop, I'm not waiting for the weekend

Zitat

So that means that the problem will be with the aquacomputer aquaero lt nstead of the D5 pump... Not really idea of how i can make it work in the appropiate speed that i want. As i told before i will tear down the loop this weekend the clean it one more time and check that their is no build up inside the blocks or any kind of build up.
Problem with pump itself not aquaero. Could be also something to do with pumps aquabus system that might be undervolting after while. If you don't have RPM reading I assume you don't or you would have mentioned, if there is any issue you might not be even getting the RPM you think you do.

Eliseward92

unregistriert

Samstag, 25. März 2017, 11:15

The issue is that yesterday eventually when I reset the pc the pump started pushing plenty of agent and that i was ready to see the Fountain impact once more.

Samstag, 25. März 2017, 13:23

This is the issue that happend to me... Suddenly the pump start pushing a lot of water but i don´t know why... the reason that made it work again like that... I still didn´t dismantle the loop... Baby problems and no time ;-(
The issue is that yesterday eventually when I reset the pc the pump started pushing plenty of agent and that i was ready to see the Fountain impact once more.

Samstag, 25. März 2017, 17:41

Good luck finding source of the issue.
Let us know your results :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 11 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (25. März 2017, 18:01)

Sonntag, 26. März 2017, 14:21

Finally got it!! I dismantle all the systems and took apart and clean all the water cooling blocks. After I started Testing pump + component one by one to check who was slowing the flow. After veryfing that all the components worked fine i started placing them together one by one in the same order i have in the systems. All worked fine and i had readings of 250 l/h that is what should be at 100%. Finally i started assembling all the loop with soft tubing because im working on a custom case and soon the will send me the prototype.
What was causing the slow flow is a T fitting after a radiator that was for the drain port, i just took apart the drain valve and now i have the fountain effect running perfectly. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Thanks to all the Aquacomputer community!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: