• 18.04.2024, 12:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Problem with calibrating temperature

Dienstag, 21. März 2017, 20:37

I have gotten a bit of a problem calibrating the temp sensors in my new PC.

I shut down Windows, turn the power on and check the temps via Aquero 6xt. First I leave it off over night, check in with an hour inbetween to see that all temps are steady and use a new temp probe that is close to the average temp of the room and only a tenth of a degree lower than the amps, as a refference.

Then I tape the refference probe to the plastic "container" that I have placed the probe that meassures roomtemperature in. I then adjust all temp sensors, water and air, to that temperature. When everythibg has stabelized (I check with about an hours interval) I tape it to the water tube (acrylic I believe) and wait until it levels out. The problem is that it then shows several tenths of a degree lower. I did the whole procedure from Sunday night through Monday, and then again from Monday night until now, and the same thing happens.

The problem is that I can not understand why the refference sensor shows almost half a degree LOWER when taped on a warter tube than it does with air. I also placed it, together with the plastic container with the room temp sensor, in a aluminum container, making sure it didn't touch the sides, but the result was the same.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Dienstag, 21. März 2017, 22:03

To check my temperature probes I plugged them into an aquaero while all the probes were exposed to ambient air in the same location.
Five of six probes read withing 0.5° of each other and one showed a 2.5° delta.
Since I needed five probes, I set the one with the greatest variance aside and used the rest.

If I needed all six, I could have adjusted the one off by 2.5° in aquasuite, but I do not know if the 2.5° variance is linear across the scale.

Why are you placing the ambient air probe in a "plastic container"?
That will isolate it from ambient and not provide the most accurate reading.

Dienstag, 21. März 2017, 22:18

Do you mean the room temp? Because I controll the fans and pumps based on that temp and the delta of it too the interior temperature of the cabinet and the water outlet of the radiator. I then have about 4 degrees C range, so a fluctuation of one or two degrees because of wind (open door/window or just the dog brushing by the probe, will turn everything up to max. Putting it in an insulated container will show the correct temp, but it will take it some time to change. I've done something of the same with the probe inside the cabinet. If Aquacomputer had let us decide how long of a time the temp should be meassured over, giving an average over that time, this would not have been neccessary, and it would actually have mad life a lot easier.

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 19:25

Ended up with heating the room up so the water temp was about the same as it will be with moderate load and calibrated everything from there. Used a flat temp sensor that I taped together with the sensor I calibrated (both room and cabinet temp sensors are placed inside small containers, to keep them from fluctuating when wind blows on them (just dangling my feet near the room temp sensor will make it fluctuate enough that the fans or pumps might start running) and moved it around. With water sensors I taped it to the tube, as close to the sensor as possible, without it touching metall (not sure if that has anything to say). I still have the sensor taped to the tube where it enters the radiator and can see that it's very close when the water in is a about 26C. The strange thing is that when the load is low the water temp will be lower than the room temp, but I guess I can live with that (it will fluctuate between -0,1 and -0,4). The temperature I used as refference was the termometer, out of 3, that showed closest to the average, so the temps themselves aren't neccessarily correct, but since I control fans from the difference between room and cabinet temps and pumps from the difference between room and water (out of radiator) temps, that doesn't really matter.