• 16.04.2024, 19:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquacompter NOOB 1st buying questions(5LT vs. 6LT) and pump(VPP755 vs. Aquabus interface D5 varient)

Freitag, 24. März 2017, 15:14

So... holy crap it seems like i have stubbled into a whole other world of tweaking and problem solving!! 8o Down to business.

I got a USB flow meter cheap from a friend(53129). But cant use it without a licence due to recent changes but alas has forced my hand(gladly) to jumping into a Aquero setup. So question is which pump and controller do i buy?

Setup intentions. Silent system (500-1000 rpm fans) with 2-3 rads, 1 rad(3*140mm) and a (1-140mm) rad, with possible extra (2-140mm) rad starting with just push config maybe P/P if it makes it quieter but alot of cost, doubt it so will start with just push, thus one channel 3*140fans, 1*140fan, perhaps 2*140 fans and an exhaust of 120 or 140mm. thus want 3 PWM channels min plus an extra would be a bonus so 4. Also need a new pump, PWM controlled it will be, and quiet but powerful enough with flow 1-1,5GPM. [1 CPU block-EK supremacy, 1 GPU block EK full cover, 2-3 rads all HardwareLabs GSS xflow, a flow meter foremetioned]

A simple setup really with all components having low-average resistence comparively speaking..

1. Do i get a 6LT(100euros) or a 5LT(60 euros). I can save 40 euros on a 5LT. will it do or is the extra money well worth it?, will be running fans at 25-50% power range. 500-1000rpm. i know the 5LT has heat issues and not true PWM?
2, Which pump? I see the new Alphacool VPP755 D5 varient is better than the normal d5 in nearly every way (extremerigs review). thus would this be better than a aquacompter d5? otherwise what benefits does the D5 with the aquabus interface give me?
3, if i have 4 PWM signal fan channels and only 4 fan headers can i still connect the VPP755 pwm pump into those extra PWM headers(there are 2 of them), im not sure what there intention would be but they have different connections?? (the VPP755 pump has a molex power connection and PWM fan connector can i rewire the PWM header to fit one of these extra PWM headers??) I am leaning towards the VPP755 basically cost it costs less 70 euros vs the Aquabus 90 euros and also is quieter and stronger at every point. Bus alas i am open to counter suggestions :thumbup:

Thanks in advanced!!!

reese

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »reeson« (24. März 2017, 15:18)

RE: Aquacompter NOOB 1st buying questions(5LT vs. 6LT) and pump(VPP755 vs. Aquabus interface D5 varient)

Freitag, 24. März 2017, 23:58

So... holy crap it seems like i have stubbled into a whole other world of tweaking and problem solving!! 8o Down to business.

I got a USB flow meter cheap from a friend(53129). But cant use it without a licence due to recent changes but alas has forced my hand(gladly) to jumping into a Aquero setup. So question is which pump and controller do i buy?
Actually, you can choose to install the free version of aquasuite (2016-5,3)... it works without the newer bells & whistles.

Zitat

Setup intentions. Silent system (500-1000 rpm fans) with 2-3 rads, 1 rad(3*140mm) and a (1-140mm) rad, with possible extra (2-140mm) rad starting with just push config maybe P/P if it makes it quieter but alot of cost, doubt it so will start with just push, thus one channel 3*140fans, 1*140fan, perhaps 2*140 fans and an exhaust of 120 or 140mm. thus want 3 PWM channels min plus an extra would be a bonus so 4. Also need a new pump, PWM controlled it will be, and quiet but powerful enough with flow 1-1,5GPM. [1 CPU block-EK supremacy, 1 GPU block EK full cover, 2-3 rads all HardwareLabs GSS xflow, a flow meter foremetioned]

A simple setup really with all components having low-average resistence comparively speaking..

1. Do i get a 6LT(100euros) or a 5LT(60 euros). I can save 40 euros on a 5LT. will it do or is the extra money well worth it?, will be running fans at 25-50% power range. 500-1000rpm. i know the 5LT has heat issues and not true PWM?
2, Which pump? I see the new Alphacool VPP755 D5 varient is better than the normal d5 in nearly every way (extremerigs review). thus would this be better than a aquacompter d5? otherwise what benefits does the D5 with the aquabus interface give me?
3, if i have 4 PWM signal fan channels and only 4 fan headers can i still connect the VPP755 pwm pump into those extra PWM headers(there are 2 of them), im not sure what there intention would be but they have different connections?? (the VPP755 pump has a molex power connection and PWM fan connector can i rewire the PWM header to fit one of these extra PWM headers??) I am leaning towards the VPP755 basically cost it costs less 70 euros vs the Aquabus 90 euros and also is quieter and stronger at every point. Bus alas i am open to counter suggestions :thumbup:

Thanks in advanced!!!

reese

1. Unless you NEED to save coin, I would go for the 6LT:
    - the 6LT has improved voltage regulation for voltage controlled fans and runs considerably cooler
    - the 6LT has four PWM ports, whereas the 5LT has only one

2. All D5 pumps are manufactured by Laing.
    - varying pump performance stems mostly from the pump top (volute) used
    - pump control may be the standard Vario or Strong, or be reseller specific, i.e. PWM or USB/aquabus
    - PWM and USB/aquabus allow full speed control and on-the-go adjustment
    - PWM requires a PWM port, whereas the USB/aquabus does not

3. NO, the two 2-pin ports marked as PWM on the aquaero are useful to drive LED strips, but should NOT be used to control a PWM fan or pump.

EDIT: some reseller PWM pump implementations are NOT compatible with the aquaero PWM implementation.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (25. März 2017, 00:02)

lovan6

Sonntag, 26. März 2017, 10:06

Alphacool VPP755

You may want to check this link.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1624192/alphacool-vpp755-noise

Mittwoch, 29. März 2017, 11:37

Thanks for your response guys!

think ill stick to something tried and true and go with the aquabus D5 and 6LT . Seams like aquacomputer have good service so will go that way. pitty that the VPP755 is a lemon in some of the cases listed below..

reese