• 17.04.2024, 00:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New: kryoM.2 evo - the next generation of M.2 SSD cooling

Freitag, 31. März 2017, 20:22

kryoM.2 evo
The next generation of M.2 SSD cooling

Almost one year ago we launched the kryoM.2 for the first time: an adapter card with cooling for M.2 SSDs. The kryoM.2 has found many enthusiastic customers and convinces through perfect quality and performance. The popularity of M.2 SSDs continues to grow and the thermal problems of these small ultrafast drives will continue. Therefore, we have put a lot of development energy into an improved version: the kryoM.2 evo.

Key features of kryoM.2 evo:
  • Large passive cooler with improved cooling capacity for the upper side of the SSD
  • First-time integrated heat sink for SSD back-cooling
  • Configurable LED lighting and additional activity indicator on the backside
  • Silicone mat protects the SSD from environmental influences and serves as a light guide for the LEDs
  • Impedance controlled for high signal quality, high data rates and to avoid read/write errors
  • PCIe connector with hard gold coating
  • Fully gold-plated PCB
  • Slot panel with improved ventilation
The kryoM.2 evo is a high-quality PCIe card that is capable of maximizing the performance of your SSD. To achieve this, we have drastically increased the size of the upper heat sink. This was not enough for us, so we also integrated a second heat sink into the backside of the board. This patent-protected system encloses the SSD between the two heat sinks and also cools it from both sides. The heat sinks are made of black anodized aluminum.

In addition, we have developed a multilayer board with a gold surface, in which the individual layers are thermally connected to increase the cooling performance.

The water coolers from the older kryoM.2 adapter are compatible with the kryoM.2 evo - corresponding bundles will be presented in the next weeks.

The integrated LED lighting is completely new. A ring with orange-colored LEDs illuminates the kryoM.2 evo. Between the heat sink and SSD, a silicon insert has been integrated, which distributes the light from the LEDs and protects the SSD perfectly against environmental influences. The lighting can be configured with a sliding switch in three modes:
  • LEDs permanently on
  • LEDs permanently off
  • LEDs are controlled by the activity of the SSD
In addition, there is a small SSD logo on the back, which always lights up during activity. This logo is discreetly illuminated through the board with four LEDs.

For the kryoM.2 evo we have paid attention to perfect quality. The PCIe contacts are covered with hard gold and the rest of the card is gold-plated. The connectors are quality products from Amphenol or Kyocera and the circuit paths are impedance controlled.

Delivery will begin in early April. The price for the kryoM.2 evo is 34.90 Euro. The previous kryoM.2 adapter is not replaced by the evo series and remains available.

Some photos:

Freitag, 31. März 2017, 23:45

Very cool. Unfortunately it won't match my build. Wish the bracket was black and the LEDs were color interchangeable since orange would completely throw my rig off. If this isn't possible than it should have went with a more universal color like Blue. That usually fits with most different colored themes.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (31. März 2017, 23:46)

Samstag, 1. April 2017, 20:43

won't match my build. Wish the bracket was black and the LEDs were color interchangeable since orange would completely throw my rig off. If this isn't possible than it should have went with a more universal color like Blue. That usually fits with most different colored themes.

Can't help on the LED, You could always paint the bracket. That's what I did with all my silver brackets.

RE: New: kryoM.2 evo - the next generation of M.2 SSD cooling

Montag, 15. Mai 2017, 23:59

kryoM.2 evo
The next generation of M.2 SSD cooling

The water coolers from the older kryoM.2 adapter are compatible with the kryoM.2 evo - corresponding bundles will be presented in the next weeks.

• LEDs permanently on
  • LEDs permanently off
  • LEDs are controlled by the activity of the SSD

When will be seeing the Bundle for the waterblock & The Evo? I know it says weeks, It's already May & this was posted in March. I haven't seen any info on the bundles or what the waterblocks looks like with the Evo attached.

I'm guessing the LED is all controlled within the AquaSuite?