• 19.04.2024, 04:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

lovan6

Need opinion what is best to control Aquacomputer D5 PWM and USB/Aquabus

Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017, 02:19

I have both Aquacomputer D5 PWM and a spare D5 USB/Aquabus. Currently I am using the D5 PWM on curve control using water/ambient.

What is the best controllers for a PWM and USB/Aquabus pumps? Curve controller or preset?

I have not installed the USB/Aquabus yet in my loop. I am kinda in between 2 pumps which one is better.

I have a couple of HardwareLabs GTS in my loop and they are kinda restrictive.

I need to decide which is a better type of pumps to use in dual series configuration. Should I buy PWM or USB/Aquabus?

I don't have any problem using the fan port on the Aquaero or Aquabus.

Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017, 04:11

I think you might be able to use both the PWM and Aquabus in the same curve via outputs. I'm not 100% sure if this is possible but think you can or at least should be able to. If this doesn't work, I find going with the AC Aquabus pump versions are a better deal to leave your fan channels alone for fans unless you're looking to add more MPS devices other than pumps on the Aquabus since it has a max capacity of a total of 4, than I'd stick with PWM.

Sonntag, 4. Juni 2017, 15:17

I believe the same as Bauer, that you can use the two pumps you already have.

I don't have my aquaero up atm, and do not remember if you can preset RPM or only percentage for the pumps.

If RPM is avaialble,I would set them on a preset controller, with the same RPM for both.
If percentage only, you may have to use two preset controllers to set each so their RPMs are similar.

Then find the flow-rate that suits your loop, and leave the pumps alone.

lovan6

Montag, 5. Juni 2017, 12:04

Ok so it seems the best type to control pumps is to use preset controller which I can be able to do.

Currently the AC D5 PWM pump I use is on Curve control.

Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2017, 17:11

I like to use the 2 point controller. Based on the systems Air/water delta using a virtual sensor.

I have it set to on at 5C and off at 4C. When the system is loaded the water temp rises over 5C and the pump goes straight to max setting. When the load stops the pump stays at max til the water cools to 4C and it stays below there while idling or normal non gaming loads.
The pump effectively only runs at two speeds and I have them set to be the quietest low speed and quietest high speed. It means the pump does not move through noisier speeds like with a curve controller.

You will need to use your own idle temps of course as a basis.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (12. Juli 2017, 17:12)

lovan6

Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2017, 02:27

Zitat

I like to use the 2 point controller. Based on the systems Air/water delta using a virtual sensor.

I have it set to on at 5C and off at 4C. When the system is loaded the water temp rises over 5C and the pump goes straight to max setting. When the load stops the pump stays at max til the water cools to 4C and it stays below there while idling or normal non gaming loads.
The pump effectively only runs at two speeds and I have them set to be the quietest low speed and quietest high speed. It means the pump does not move through noisier speeds like with a curve controller.

You will need to use your own idle temps of course as a basis.

If I use a 2 point controller and my AC pump PWM is plug to a fan port on the Aquaero, will it power off the pump unlike if the pump is an AC D5 USB? Do you have any experience how to set a Setpoint controllers (PID)?

I just acquired 2 AC D5 USB mechanics with 4 pin Aquabus cable and splitty9 but not installed yet.

Just installed Setpoint Controller and it's working great.

Thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »lovan6« (26. Juli 2017, 10:56)