• 19.04.2024, 15:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquaero 6 and DDC pumps - can they be controlled?

Freitag, 16. Juni 2017, 14:06

Hello,

I'm planning to do a water cooled build including the line of EK products, specifically the EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2 PWM Elite pump (details here) and an Aquareo 6 controller. After scanning the forums I've been led to believe that the pump can be controlled via the pwm fan headers on the Aquaero unit. Is this assumption true? Apart from this setup I plan on including a flow meter, a tube temperature sensor and some case temperature sensors. The Aquaero unit should also control the fans of the radiator (4 pcs) and case fans (4pcs). Is there something I should consider other than making sure the total number of W per channel for the fans does not exceed the 30W limit?

Any help will surely be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »emanuellupu« (16. Juni 2017, 16:44)

Montag, 19. Juni 2017, 06:17

Hi, I'm using the same EK-Xres 140 and can confirm the aquaero 6 XT controls the pump from a fan header. Just remember to set it to PWM control in Aquasuite.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Montag, 19. Juni 2017, 08:23

Thank you Bartdude, that's very helpful! Any other advice on the setup, some issues perhaps that you might have encountered? And just out of curiosity, on what case did you do the install?

Montag, 19. Juni 2017, 09:10

I have a Corsair Obsidian 900D case, I had no problems with the initial setup. I run the Ek-Xres from fan header 4 and the others 3 I have controlling my rads/intake and exhaust fans. I have a Hubby7 to extend my USB because you loose a M/B header for Aquaero 6 connection. (My MPS 400 Flow meter is also connected & it gives you more to play with :) ) Only problem I had was getting Aquasuite to recognise my flow rate with Aquaero MPS 400. Flow rate would show up after setting it in MPS tab but as soon as I left that tab it would disappear! Finally got it working when I found another setting needed to be set, can't rem where right now as I'm at work.

Montag, 19. Juni 2017, 09:32

I see, that's a good overview on the system, I completely forgot about extending the USB for all the sensors, thanks for bringing that up. I'm planning to have it installed on a Thermaltake The Tower 900 case but because they don't offer install support for something other than their products I'll need to figure out the mounting options. Worst case scenario is to drill some holes at the bottom to make a mount...something similar to http://www.overclock.net/t/1621450/build…tower-900-asus8. The other way of setting things up (which actually I've come up after posting my question) is to use an aquastream pump, then have a separate reservoir which is more at the back of the case (depending on how you orient the pump) and then a flowsensor on the tubing. For rads and fittings I was still thinking of using the EK ones. This will look something like http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/attach…0304_213904.jpg . (Full thread: http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/wakue-…4790k-vega.html) In the end both of them require some adjustments to be made to the case in order to fit them, but the aquastream might take precedence because of possibly better integration at the expense of well...higher price than the EK option.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »emanuellupu« (19. Juni 2017, 09:35)

Montag, 19. Juni 2017, 16:01

The D5 or DDC pumps are stronger than those Aquastream pumps.

Dienstag, 20. Juni 2017, 11:06

Yeah deffo stick with the D5, I used the same mounting frame shown in your first link. Luckily for me the Corsair case has 120mm fan mounting holes on the H/D cage so mounting was easy :)

Dienstag, 20. Juni 2017, 14:42

Thanks for the insight on the DDC and D5 pumps, I'll follow that advice.