• 24.04.2024, 06:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Ayrick

unregistriert

Initial Setup Questions

Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2017, 07:05

I've done a bit of poking through forums and I am pretty sure I have a good idea of where I am headed but I have a few points I need a little clarification on.

I should probably preface these questions with some detail, I am building a dual PC build inside a cross desk, its about 38" deep and I believe 60" wide, so many of my cables runs are a bit long. I'm using a single loop with four rads 2x 360 2x 480, 14 fans, four reservoirs, and 2 AC D5 pumps. Build log

Temperature Sensors
I may need to make custom length cables for my application, should I be concerned about running them 36"?
Is there any advantage/disadvantage to plugging them into the AC D5 pump vs the Aquaero? This would shorten the cable length some.

Flow meter
I purchased the 40 l/hr high flow sensor, it has only a 3 pin output, does anyone know the type of connector that is? (its larger than a standard 3pin) I need to run probably 48" to get to the Aquaero and I did not notice it doesn't ship with a cable. Doesn't seem much point buying the AC one at this point as I'd just strip the connector off and make my own.

AC D5 Pumps.
The aquabus connection, should that be a 3 or 4 pin wire? I'm assuming 4, but a 3 pin would fit too.

Aquaero
I know the pumps should be connected to the aquabus high, what is the low for?

I think that was the last of the uncertainties I had for now, I appreciate any help and advice!

Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2017, 16:51

In theory extending the length of temp sensor wiring should be totally fine because the added resistance of the lengths of wire is a minute fraction of the resistance of the sensor (10K Ohms at 25C) and the change in resistance caused by temp change. Even slight temp changes of a few degrees cause hundreds or thousands of Ohms resistance change.

If you search through the Aquaero owners thread of Overclock.net for the large 3 pin flow meter connector it has been mentioned there.

Either 4 wire or 3 wire Aquabus will work fine with the D5 USB. It does not require 4 wire because it has its own power and does not have a 5V sensor onboard like the MPS pressure sensors for example.

Aquabus Low is now a legacy connection for older discontinued Aquacomp devices. Just forget its there.