• 25.04.2024, 16:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Ayrick

unregistriert

Initial Setup Questions

Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2017, 07:05

I've done a bit of poking through forums and I am pretty sure I have a good idea of where I am headed but I have a few points I need a little clarification on.

I should probably preface these questions with some detail, I am building a dual PC build inside a cross desk, its about 38" deep and I believe 60" wide, so many of my cables runs are a bit long. I'm using a single loop with four rads 2x 360 2x 480, 14 fans, four reservoirs, and 2 AC D5 pumps. Build log

Temperature Sensors
I may need to make custom length cables for my application, should I be concerned about running them 36"?
Is there any advantage/disadvantage to plugging them into the AC D5 pump vs the Aquaero? This would shorten the cable length some.

Flow meter
I purchased the 40 l/hr high flow sensor, it has only a 3 pin output, does anyone know the type of connector that is? (its larger than a standard 3pin) I need to run probably 48" to get to the Aquaero and I did not notice it doesn't ship with a cable. Doesn't seem much point buying the AC one at this point as I'd just strip the connector off and make my own.

AC D5 Pumps.
The aquabus connection, should that be a 3 or 4 pin wire? I'm assuming 4, but a 3 pin would fit too.

Aquaero
I know the pumps should be connected to the aquabus high, what is the low for?

I think that was the last of the uncertainties I had for now, I appreciate any help and advice!

Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2017, 16:51

In theory extending the length of temp sensor wiring should be totally fine because the added resistance of the lengths of wire is a minute fraction of the resistance of the sensor (10K Ohms at 25C) and the change in resistance caused by temp change. Even slight temp changes of a few degrees cause hundreds or thousands of Ohms resistance change.

If you search through the Aquaero owners thread of Overclock.net for the large 3 pin flow meter connector it has been mentioned there.

Either 4 wire or 3 wire Aquabus will work fine with the D5 USB. It does not require 4 wire because it has its own power and does not have a 5V sensor onboard like the MPS pressure sensors for example.

Aquabus Low is now a legacy connection for older discontinued Aquacomp devices. Just forget its there.