• 04.12.2021, 14:33
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Leaking Problems

Wednesday, December 5th 2007, 1:35am

Hi I have been having leaking problems on the new res. but I think this is 100% down to the fact that the rubber seal that you provide is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get on.

Are you supposed to glue it on? Or something like this because otherwise you use all the fingers you have on 2 hands to fix it down....let go and the seal just pops off...

Please help me

Thanks

Ed

Re: Leaking Problems

Wednesday, December 5th 2007, 5:55am

What reservoir are you talking about?

Wednesday, December 5th 2007, 11:55am

The aquabox 5 1/4" black.

Wednesday, December 5th 2007, 10:46pm

anyone?...please sorry but I am desperate.

Thursday, December 6th 2007, 2:47am

don't worry...sorted it... with superglue (I wasn't orginally going to use it because it might melt it...but this particular glue I found in tesco's could be used on rubber and it has seemed to have done the trick :)

Ed

Thursday, December 6th 2007, 3:14pm

When I assembled my aquabox, I had to get one end of the seal in the milled groove and trap it with the faceplate then slowly slide the faceplate along whilst manipulating the seal to keep it in on both sides.

It should've been a test on the old Krypton Factor ;D

Saturday, December 8th 2007, 12:23pm

I had similiar problems, the rubber kept slipping off at one side. I solved it by strechting the ring for 45minutes as much as I could. Afterwards I had a couple of minutes to install it until it had reverted to its original state :)