• 22.10.2017, 02:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Cable(s) to connect aquainlet XT and aquastream XT ultra?

Mittwoch, 2. August 2017, 12:26

I have a aquainlet XT with fill level senor and a aquastream XT ultra.

First question:
Each have an Aquabus header, but the reservoir has a 4 pin, and the pump only has 3 pin?

Quellcode

Pin out for 4 pin aquabus:	pin out for 3 pin aquastream:

Pin 1: GND			Pin 1: GND
Pin 2: aquabus SDA		Pin 2: aquabus SDA / flow sensor +5 V
Pin 3: aquabus SCL		Pin 3: aquabus SCL / flow sensor signal
Pin 4: +5 V

Can I connect the two, seeing as the extra pin is for +5 V and remaining are just signals and GND connections, it doesn't seems like anything will fry if it doesn't work? I would like to point out the dire warning in the pump manual:

"If this connector is connected to an aquabus device, the port must not be configured as flow sensor input! Otherwise, the pump controller will be destroyed and all guarantees will be void!"

Can I actually connect the two together? If so, what software configuration do I need?

Second question:
If question one is a no-go, should I use the alarm header on the reservoir to connect the reservoir with the pump (after setting the pump's header to flow sensor input!) instead of the aquabus?

Quellcode

Pin out for 3 pin alarm:			Pin out for 3 pin flow sensor:

Pin 1: GND					Pin 1: GND
Pin 2: not connected				Pin 2: flow sensor +5 V
Pin 3: RPM/open collector max. 30 V / 100 mA	Pin 3: flow sensor signal

The reason I am asking is because this pump/reservoir combo will be used in a open air test bench, cable management is a pain. I will have the combo and PSU in the 'basement' of the test bench, and I want minimum amount of cables connecting the from '1st floor' (motherboard is here) to the basement. I know this will make bleeding the system difficult, I already given up with a CPU block to try to minimise the place where air can be trapped. This test bench is only used for testing GPUs and SSDs. I do have a pair of quick disconnect coupling help with the air bubble problem.