• 16.04.2024, 23:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Looking to use an Aquero 6 to run my loops, but not sure what I need exactly.

Sonntag, 8. Oktober 2017, 12:30

Howdy.

So... to give an idea of what I'll be working with here, I have a Thermaltake Core P7 case(exhibit a: Core P7 ), and that is going to house a Threadripper 1950X, with SLI'd 1080 Ti's with each part in it's own loop. So, three loops in total, each GPU gets its own and so will the CPU. All will be cooled by EK PE radiators, two 480's and a 360 to be specific(CPU getting the 360) managed by 11 Thermaltake Riing Plus RGB fans(I do not know, and I do not expect, that these can be controlled by an Aquero due to using 9-pin(USB headers?) plugs for controlling the LED's in addition to the fan). Each loop is to be fed by its own EK Plexi-XTOP D5 Revo - and this is largely where my problems start as I'm having trouble connecting the dots here with information.

My plan is to have only one Aquero 6 LT(Optical bays do not exist on this case clearly so the LCD unit is of no use to me) and I was thinking I could control each pump via one of the fan connections on the board as they support a max output of 30W(potentially slightly more with cooling applied?) and the D5 maxes out around 23W(or something). However, I would like to be able to monitor the temperature and flow rate of each loop but I don't know for certain what is needed to accomplish this. I would evidently be looking to use MPS 400's because a D5 running through at most a 480mm rad and one block is going to be ridiculously low restriction so flow rate is likely to be reasonably high if for whatever reason the pumps need to run at anything more than 50%, but I still want to cover my bases and be able to check it or be warned if a problem should ever arise.

From what threads I've read on OCN and other places, am I correct - or on the right track - in thinking that with an Aquero LT, all I will need is to connect the PWM cables from the EK-D5 pumps to the fan headers on the board, and use 4p-splitters to connect the high bus header to each MPS 400? I would expect that if at a later date I wanted to try and control the Riing fans(via PWM - and leaving the lighting connection intact for the Riing software to recognise), that poweradjust addons would be needed, though I don't know the limitations of those so unsure exactly how many fans could run per unit to determine how many would be needed. I think a rough estimate would see me at the three CPU fans being added to the fourth Aquero header, and then four each on a poweradjust unit(so two would be needed then?)...

Any confirmations or input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Montag, 16. Oktober 2017, 10:00

You are correct to a point, the D5's will run fine as long as they are of the newer intel spec PWM. Yes MPS 400 would all connect via a splitty9 to the aquabus. Poweradjust is only 3 pin fan header not PWM. If you wanted another 4 PWM channels you would have to add a 2nd Aquaero 6 as a slave.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"