• 19.04.2024, 20:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Deaeration

Freitag, 20. Oktober 2017, 22:19

I am using an aquatube G1/4 Delrin white reservoir in the vertical orientation, with the aquajet rinsing device for aquatube G1/4, and the supply to the pump is taken from the lower port on the side.

The problem I am experiencing is the supply to the pump is pulling air from the top of the reservoir. Is there a suggested device, manner to reduce the aeration issue? Some anti-cyclone device or something?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (20. Oktober 2017, 22:22)

Samstag, 21. Oktober 2017, 23:14

I reduced the pumps to 40% and that appears to have stopped the aeration issue, but my flow is now 2 l/m and I would like to increase it to around 3 l/m.

Perhaps I can use some SS wire mesh or something similar to breakup the vortex.

CoAff

Sonntag, 22. Oktober 2017, 03:23

I was going to suggest a plastic disc with a number of holes drilled into it. You could cut out several and experiment with hole placement(s) to determine the optimum size/number. I offer the suggestion with no experience in the matter. I also thought that perhaps a larger reservoir might be in order...

Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2017, 05:25

A perforated disc would probably work, except the access port at the top of the aquatube is smaller than the inner diameter. I don't know if the resultant space on the sides would allow vortexing to occur.

I think my first effort will consist of purchasing something like this stainless steel pot scrubber, pulling it apart slightly, and dropping it in the bottom of the aquatube. It will be slightly taller than the orifice of the port to the pumps, and will hopefully attenuate the vortex issue.

Samstag, 9. Dezember 2017, 21:19

An update on my deaeration quest.

I bought a stainless steel pot scrubber SSscrubber.jpg
and inserted it in the aquatube SSscrubberIn.jpg
It was MUCH bigger than I anticipated, and completely filled the cavity, but I tried it anyway to see the results.
This did attenuate the vortex issue, but I still experienced micro bubbles (bubble cloud) in the coolant stream.
I assume this is from the coolant flowing across the many edges of the scrubber causing cavitation.

So I removed the scrubber and decided to try a 26 gauge stainless steel perforated plate SSplate.jpg
I know, I know, it looks ugly, but my drill bit was not made for stainless steel, and it dulled quickly and drifted.
Moving on, here is the plate installed SSplateIn.jpg
Unfortunately, I still saw aeration in the coolant stream.

I then decided to add head pressure by extending the water column.
I left the perforated plate in believing it did no harm, and it will attenuate vortexing.

I drilled/tapped a G1/4 port in the center of the aquatube acrylic top plate, inserted a D-Plug, and added this Hex Tank on top.
The reason for the D-Plug is that space constraints do not allow rotation of the Hex Tank, and it truly simplified installation.
Some may find the hex tank ugly, but I find it unique and as such interesting.
Hex tank installed HexRes2.jpg
Hex tank installed HexRes.jpg

I do have the aquatube Rinsing Device installed, so the discharge into the aquatube is just below the new port in the acrylic plate.
This causes the coolant, and any air in the stream, to be pressed into the hex tank.

With this solution I am able to increase pump power from 50% (1.8 LPM) to 100% (2.8 LPM), with no visible aeration.
I run the system at 85% power (2.5 LPM), because I do not generally run machinery at 100%, and I am pleased with 2.5 LPM output.

The flow values above are taken form the installed High flow USB sensor .
I also have a Dwyer Rotameter installed in the loop which generally reports a slightly higher flow rate.
High Flow USB at 2.5 LPM hiflousb.jpg
Dwyer rotameter at 2.8 LPM Dwyer.jpg

As a seperate comment, for my first water cooled system I used EKWB blocks for the CPU & GPUs.
For this machine I used aquacomputer blocks for the CPU & GPUs, and they are much more appealing to me... downright beautiful.
I also used the active back plates for the GPU cards. I do not know if they actually improve performance, but they look sexy and break-up the large back plate.
I still have an EKWB on the Intel SSD 750, but that is because aquacomputer does not have one.

CPU block & GPU back plates (cpublock)
GPU blocks (pcieblocks)

Samstag, 9. Dezember 2017, 22:10

Very nice update, clean and solid looking system :thumbsup:

As far is EK blocks, I'm not saying they are bad, but my personal experience and opinion of them is that they use very cheep material, soft, specially their acrylic is so darn soft you can cut with knife and threads...you have to be very careful.

For now and for the past several years my favorites are Watercool Heatliller and Aquacomputer I wouldn't touch anything else.

CoAff

Samstag, 9. Dezember 2017, 22:12

Thanks for the update! I have to say that your machine is absolutely exquisite looking. :thumbup:

minor aesthetic update

Donnerstag, 28. Dezember 2017, 17:22

The HexRes is unique and as such interesting, but it has two other properties I learned to dislike over time:
1. it is gaudy to the point where it distracts from the minimalist build I wanted
2. it is butt-ugly

So I replaced it with a simple res I cobbled together simpleres.jpg

Donnerstag, 28. Dezember 2017, 17:58

Maybe you have mentioned I'm not sure, but what liquid are you using and are you happy with it :?:

Donnerstag, 28. Dezember 2017, 22:56

Since both pumps, three of four blocks, and one of two reservoirs are aquacomputer gear, I went with their coolant DP Ultra clear.

My first system I also used the DP Ultra because I had a Gigant 1680 external rad on it.
I had it running for about 18 month without issue... other than a lightning strike killing the system in the end.

Freitag, 29. Dezember 2017, 00:09

18 months that is long, nice I like clear liquids :thumbup:

Freitag, 29. Dezember 2017, 05:17

I give a +1 DP Ultra Clear, I just recently replaced all my fluids in a dual loop, it's been running for 2 years, in that time there was almost 2 months where I was away and computer was off, 24/7 usage otherwise

When I changed the liquid, smelled fine and looks fine, using Primoflex LRT tubing and no plasticiser what so ever .. nickel blocks (all EKWB) looks fine apart from the CPU inlet area where the nickel is beginning to flake off a little but that's more due to the water moving and will eventually wear it down.

on another rig (older) single loop nickel blocks (aquacomputer) and Koolance 370 (I think) block, using same liquid and same period, 2 years.. same, looks fine, smells fine..

DP Ultra Clear is very good stuff, built to last ...

Freitag, 29. Dezember 2017, 06:42

I was thinking about DP Ultra Clear but I don't see anything being mentioned about Biocide, specifically if it has some sort of Biocide in its properties to prevent microorganism from developing. I would amuse there is, but I'm not sure.

On Aquacomputers website, it does mentioned "replaced annually", usually premixed fluids you can run for more than a year so again I'm not sure, what exactly is in there. I've been using Distilled water with Mayhems Biocide Extreme for about 3-4 years with really great results, Initially I have to only add 1 drop of Biocide per 1L of Distilled and every 3 months after that add 1 drop per loop (1-1.5 L of water in loop(s) and so on so forth, replacing water every year.

I have a test system with that combination running for almost 2 years and recently I took that system apart to check the condition of blocks ( all Heatkiller) I was astonished to see that all blocks looked like brand new, not even oxidation and that was after running the system 24/7 heavy loads and changing water every 12 months and adding single drop of Biocide to the loops(s) every 3 months.

I love that combination, but I was looking at liquids that I don't have to add anything for year or even 2 without running risk of any contamination.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (29. Dezember 2017, 06:44)

Freitag, 29. Dezember 2017, 11:23

me and shoggy did the whole back and forth email thing for a while before I purchased a long time ago, basically the conclusion was biocide was not needed as "glycol" (I think that was what he said, don't quote me) pretty much kills anything inside.

I used distilled and silver coils before and it started peeling off the nickel on my AQ blocks, I msg'd shoggy about it and in the end, decided to try out the DP Ultra.

In your case, I firmly believe in "if it's not broken, don't fix it".. stick with what workss for you, but if you want a change and leave it for ... cus I myself was too lazy I mean busy to change out the fluid for 2 years, I can personally vouch for DP ultra clear.. I still recall shoggy telling me in his words, If it doesn't smell funny, it should be fine.. :thumbsup:

CoAff

Samstag, 30. Dezember 2017, 03:48

me and shoggy did the whole back and forth email thing for a while before I purchased a long time ago, basically the conclusion was biocide was not needed as "glycol" (I think that was what he said, don't quote me) pretty much kills anything inside.

I used distilled and silver coils before and it started peeling off the nickel on my AQ blocks, I msg'd shoggy about it and in the end, decided to try out the DP Ultra.

In your case, I firmly believe in "if it's not broken, don't fix it".. stick with what workss for you, but if you want a change and leave it for ... cus I myself was too lazy I mean busy to change out the fluid for 2 years, I can personally vouch for DP ultra clear.. I still recall shoggy telling me in his words, If it doesn't smell funny, it should be fine.. :thumbsup:
The whole biocide, silver coil thing is supposedly from when people were "rolling their own" mixtures without the ethylene glycol (antifreeze) additive that many premixed liquids utilize - at least that is my understanding from the research that I've done.

I use the DP Ultra Clear as well since it was recommended and included with the system I purchased and am heartened to hear that it has good stability and longevity...although I'll be refilling at the suggested interval of every 12 months.

Samstag, 30. Dezember 2017, 19:25

I don't mind refilling every 12 months at all, frankly I used to change my liquid every 3-6 months because the eaz of access to my fill and drain ports, but because the size of my system is beyond average, the full bleeding takes about 2 months in which after that, my system runs extremely quiet and insanely cool therefore I want to keep my liquid in my loops as long as I can, yet, with active Biocide so I have no issues in that department.

As far is rust goes ... the rust is not as much of an issue as it was back in the older days I don't want to say "is no longer an issue at all" but with exemption where there might be mixes of aluminum/copper/nickel plating blocks, in that case, this still might be valid reason for rust inhibitors and Ethanol Glycol base liquid is good inhibitor,

I wish we could bet pure clear Ethanol Glycol, you can only get it in form of Antifreeze and that has ting of color...nach I don't like any tint of any color in my liquid.

It's strange how at some point for unknowing reason we all want something different , we think maybe something better, when all along we have already the good thing going , this is the exact scenario now with me and the liquid that I was thinking of changing, exactly, why fix it if aren't broken.

I've been using Distilled with Biocide for a long time 3-4 years and I actually have 2 identical system, in which one of them I designated for test purposes only, all I did I run Blitz# 2 on annual bases and I only used Distilled with biocide.

Last year I took one of those systems apart which was running for I think 2-2.5 years nonstop 24/7 except when I was adding drop of Biocide every 3 months and changing water every 12 months , if you go to Mayhems forum you will see I posted somewhere in there picks of Heatkiller GPU blocks I took apart to see how effective Blitz #2 and Biocide is and the block was literally looking as new as the day one I installed, not even oxidation and this thing was crunching heavily computation # nonstop I don't baby my system.

Anyways, I'm glad that Aquacomputer Liquids are good.

FYI.

And no I don't work for Mayhems or I'm not affiliated in any shape or form, its only info I'm sharing from personal experience, if anyone is every curious or thinking of trying something new.

If you ever want to clean your system without taking it apart, try Blitz# 2 it will scrub your blocs, tubes and if you have any impurities in your system, this stuff works magic.

This is my distilled that have been running nonstop for almost 8 months, even thou, the reservoirs are little dusty, the water mixture it's still crystal clear
»Dundys« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • Compress_MAX.jpg (655,57 kB - 74 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 12. März 2024, 14:43)

Samstag, 30. Dezember 2017, 20:41

@Dundys - looks beautiful.

My lord, three GPU cards and all memory slots used... you mining Bitcoins with that machine?

Samstag, 30. Dezember 2017, 23:37

I also left the distilled and silver combination to DP ultra since I got sick of the copper oxidization the first combo left on my CPU blocks over the years. My DP fluid looks clear as we speak and should be around the annual drain and refill point in the next couple of months I'll be doing or even sooner when I get a chance. Moving around a fully loaded 900D isn't so easy lol and I'll need to find the room for placement.

I'm planning on opening just the CPU block to see if there's any oxidization and go from there. Glad to hear DP Ultra, which I have gallons of is working great for everyone. AFAIK, DP Ultra Clear has the biocide and inhibitors all included.

Sonntag, 31. Dezember 2017, 02:12

Zitat

@Dundys - looks beautiful.

My lord, three GPU cards and all memory slots used... you mining Bitcoins with that machine?
Thank you for kind words.

No I don't do BItcoin, this cards are design for professional work.

I don't game although I have try once or twice it's just not my thing...heheh, but there is nothing wrong enjoying good game I guess.

This system serves as remote data collection that downloads ton of data on daily bases usually at night (50-70TB ) every 2-3 days from several Law Offices throughout Ontario, documents and law software backups that need to store locally in my safe for the next 10 years.

I also do code and password decryptions, recovery passwords from memory images using forensic software. I use my main system as master but the major help from RAM and main GPUs comes handy when I connect my forensic network agents that are remotely installed on all of my systems (15-20 of them) some at home but mostly some within 200-300km away, they connect to my main system via preinstalled network seed that belongs to forensic software and all GPUs work as one, huge GPU power, when they all work together, we talking millions of passwords/sec.

That's why my system works around the clock and I was just thinking of some sort of liquid that I wouldn't have to change or add anything to it for minimum of 12 months and if longer than better, sounds like the Aquacomputer DP might be good candidate.

Why I'm thinking about this now!!!

Well.. this summer I might be going to Europe Germany/Poland for few months, could be even a year (work related) so I can set things up and not worry about thing.

My wife has no clue about computers, she is excellent lawyer but PC....no not her area.

Once I know I'm home again I would still go back to my distilled Biocide combo as I think it works fantastic, but for time been I'm strongly considering AQ Double Protect Ultra.

Is the liquid totally crystal clear or has some tint to it?

So far you inputs on that liquid has been very helpful but I still need to do some more research to make sure it's what I want.

Zitat

I also left the distilled and silver combination to DP ultra since I got
sick of the copper oxidization the first combo left on my CPU blocks
over the years. My DP fluid looks clear as we speak and should be
around the annual drain and refill point in the next couple of months
I'll be doing or even sooner when I get a chance. Moving around a fully
loaded 900D isn't so easy lol and I'll need to find the room for
placement.

I'm planning on opening just the CPU block to see if there's any
oxidization and go from there. Glad to hear DP Ultra, which I have
gallons of is working great for everyone. AFAIK, DP Ultra Clear has the
biocide and inhibitors all included.

900D it's a big boy I know because I had one as well and moving it from place to place....good luck.

That's why my system is been in one spot since I build it several years ago, it's about I say...200 -250 lbs I would not be able to lift it up.

Thanks guys.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2018 to everyone
»Dundys« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

Sonntag, 31. Dezember 2017, 05:18

FYI. this is the link I mentioned earlier to the blocks I took apart after 2 years of using Distilled + Biocide I Hope you find it useful, maybe not now but who knows.

post #14948

Zitat