• 16.04.2024, 11:38
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Could Farbwerk power or control white led strip by other brand?

Sonntag, 10. Dezember 2017, 09:00

Hello,

I now have a Farbwerk controlling an Aquacomputer made RGB led strip.
But I have a problem that I cannot switch it to produce white light.
I tuned all RGB values to 100%, it still produces blue light ( Suppose to be white when all RGB are 100% )
So I am trying to order another white led strip to replace it.
I saw a white led strip from CableMod with 4 pins connector that it is the same as Aquacomputer one.
Will Farbwerk work with the new white led strip? Thanks.

Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2017, 04:35

I use a RGBW stip with my Farbwerk. That is a strip that not only has the RGB, but also a 4th set of LEDs that are white.
I use one channel of the Farbwerk to control the RGB, and a second channel to control the White LEDs.
I have it programmed so that the white LEDs are on during normal operation, but if the system (I monitor CPU temperature) begins to heat above a predetermined setting, the white LEDs switch off and the RGB LEDs come on. First Blue, then green as the temperatures increase, and finally red when I approach the maximum temperature setting.

RodeoGeorge

Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2017, 08:39

I use a RGBW stip with my Farbwerk. That is a strip that not only has the RGB, but also a 4th set of LEDs that are white.
I use one channel of the Farbwerk to control the RGB, and a second channel to control the White LEDs.
I have it programmed so that the white LEDs are on during normal operation, but if the system (I monitor CPU temperature) begins to heat above a predetermined setting, the white LEDs switch off and the RGB LEDs come on. First Blue, then green as the temperatures increase, and finally red when I approach the maximum temperature setting.

RodeoGeorge
Thanks, Could you please tell me which brand is that RGBW strip you are using?

Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2017, 02:37

I bought them on eBay. Plenty of sellers. Just select the RGBW, 5050-SMD, I use the non-waterproof.
A 5 meter length is about $9.50

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERNIGHT-Red-…var=&hash=item0