• 16.04.2024, 14:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

New firmware voltage inconsistency

Montag, 11. Dezember 2017, 16:34

Is it me or the new firmware voltage fluctuates a lot.

I have 6 PA3, 4 of them controlling my D5 pumps and until the latest Firmware my pumps and their RPMs were stable and always run at about 2200-2307RPM.

At first after the upgrade it looked like the voltage was steady and working smooth but after while it started acting up

Now the RPM goes from 2200RPM and dips to 1800RMP and pump(s) usually they will alliterate either CPU or GPU loop pump will shots off. If I raise the voltage a bit then that will bring the pumps speed to say 2300-2400RMP but after while the RPM jumps to 2500-2600RMP and I can't get them to run stable, they keep on going up and down, this was never the issue prior to the upgrade so I'm leaning towards the firmware's fault but maybe this is coincident and something going on with my pump(s)

Can anyone with similar setup confirm that the latest firmware has something to do with this or am I having other issues that I'm not aware of , perhaps my pump are going bad :huh: :?:

Thanks

I should add this, that the voltage within aquasuite does not change, it stays at what is set for, but the pumps either the voltage or RPM changes and I'm not sure if its related to the pump itself or the new firmware causes the spikes
Again, this was not the issue prior to the firmware's upgrade, so its strange coincident :!:

I'm suspecting the pumps. I have some spare brand new AQ PWM D5's and I'm going to change 2 of them I think I know the reason I will report back later

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 13 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (11. Dezember 2017, 23:27)

Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2017, 23:16

OK, its pump, it was coincident, the timing of new firmware and the pump going bad got me all paranoid, sorry for premature assumptions. I have 4 brand new Aquacomputer PWM D5's that I got about 7-9 months ago but I never got the chance to use them, there was no need.

I like to have extra components always, you never know and you avoid waiting :thumbsup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (12. Dezember 2017, 23:17)

Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2017, 06:46

Glad to hear you got it working again. It's always comforting when you're able to have extra hardware laying around for the just in case and problem solving. It surely goes along way.

Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2017, 17:04

Zitat

Glad to hear you got it working again. It's always comforting when
you're able to have extra hardware laying around for the just in case
and problem solving. It surely goes along way.

Yes its working now as it should, but 1 of 4 pump that I had for over year in the org. box and kept in nice climate control storage was DOA I like to keep things sealed until I need them :( In years, probably 10 years or more than that of WC this is 3rd DOA product, which is not bad at all considering the amount of hardware I have and always get, yet doesn't make you feel good when you have bad part.

I should have tested all pumps when I got them, this DOA its brand new, never been touched :whistling: :)

Thanks

Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2017, 22:23

Yes, no matter how many components you have, always test them even if you're storing them away or you'll be taking a loss if they're past their warranty.

Donnerstag, 14. Dezember 2017, 15:23

I know its not AQ's fault and I should have tested prior to storage and even thou $100 to me is no big deal I will probably spend much more on new components within the next few months, but psychologically doesn't make you feel good, specially when you know you haven't even use it :( :)

I have ton of components and I mean worth a bit, this is just few out of much more some in my storage, some at my office out of town :P most of the parts are been checked they don't require to take your system apart, pumps are little different, you cant run them dry and set up simple loop, even with just res.pump its time consuming, especially when you live busy life as is.

I want to get few more D5's just don't know who from I have tried Watercool, Aquacomputer and EK's I know they are all the same, for some reason AQ's are the quietest and the length of their cables are just nice but we will see, one thing for sure I will check them before storage to avoid issues.
»Dundys« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (14. Dezember 2017, 15:25)

Donnerstag, 14. Dezember 2017, 16:58

This is my next CPU block I love the design

Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017, 02:07

When it comes to pumps, I would just stick with the AQ's for compatibility reasons with the AQ.

As for that CPU block, yeah it's a nice one. I might grab one once I'm tired of the one I have in use now but that probably won't be for a while since funds are always tight on this end.

Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017, 05:57

I still have the older cuplex kryos silver edition in my old workstation and I remember paying few years back almost $250-300 so for this new NEXT Vario Sylver it's not bad it will be almost the same $ I have my eye on it, it's beautiful and will go with my new workstation nicely.

As far is D5 pumps!! well within next few months I want to get maybe 4-6 more of them and from what I see Swiftech's D5s MCP655-SERIES have 2 year warranty and if this was the case now I would still be able to get replacement because my dead AQ pump is just bit over year old ;(
My preference is still AQ but tbh. this incident psychologically turned me off a little bit, so I'm not sure what my next pump brand will be, hopefully I will get over it :D

What I cannot get over it and again, it's my stupid fault, that my pump was in the box all this time.... a year, at least If I was using it I wouldn't feel bad now..... :( OK enough of my nagging :rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks for being sounding board

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (15. Dezember 2017, 06:07)

Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017, 09:10

Its completely understandabe.

I will note though, majority of the D5s won't work with the AQ PWM unless you're looking to do the Diva mod to it which can be found in another forums if you're interested or if it's voltage controlled, you'll be fine with that afaik but I would always double check anyways.

Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017, 10:06

I can verify that EK - D5 G2 work perfectly with AQ without the need for the Diva mod
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017, 12:43

I can verify that EK - D5 G2 work perfectly with AQ without the need for the Diva mod

Yup, that and the AQ D5s are the only ones that will work with the AQ6.

Freitag, 15. Dezember 2017, 13:45

Frankly, the PWM is useful if you letting the M/B or AQ to control the speed I actually control the speed via Power control with PA3 so to me really doesn't matter PWM or Vario I actually did use Vario with Power control prior to that and it works great.

I only want the PWM in case I ever would use the PWM control. At this point longer warranty and the approach after that is what I'm looking at, its a nice benefit. I never really use the warranty thou,maybe 3-4 times within 10 or more years, but it does make things a bit more comfortable and convenient.

Some times things happen for a reason, It gives you better overview and perspective of how things are dealt with when something goes wrong, whether you as a customer are been blamed right from Get-go as this approach seems to be a common this days or its simply one of those things that happens and companies don't scrutinize you because even if product is shipped in good condition from manufacturer things do happen along the way.

Sometimes experiences like this is a good eye opener :)

Thanks guys for your comments and input on subject I wont drag this thread any longer.

Happy Holidays to all :thumbsup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (15. Dezember 2017, 14:53)

Sonntag, 17. Dezember 2017, 02:16

I finally found quick and simple solution to my dead D5 pump problem.
Every time I would go to my office and I would see the pump sitting on my desk it would bug me, not because the pump was defective, but because the pump was new and defective, that is a big difference.

I was talking to Sven but all of the sudden our communication hit dead end, that's OK I wasn't going to drag this to long and if I feel that I'm losing connection with the source, there is no point on going any further.

Quick fix and it worked great, out of sight out of mind ;)
»Dundys« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:
  • 2.jpg (858,58 kB - 56 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 29. Januar 2024, 05:44)
  • 1.jpg (800,66 kB - 55 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 22. Dezember 2023, 08:38)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (17. Dezember 2017, 02:19)

CoAff

Sonntag, 17. Dezember 2017, 06:24

:D

Sonntag, 17. Dezember 2017, 08:27

Rough. lol