• 16.04.2024, 10:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

apw63

Trouble with new build and aquasuite 2017-3.1

Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2017, 15:38

I’ve put together a new build. New first time install of win 10 pro on this new system. I have an aquaero 6, a slave, mps 400 and a aqualis REZ with level indicator. I replaced my NZT powered usb hub with a hubby 7.

I got the system up and running. Initial configuration, Hubby 7 connected to MB usd header, aquaero 6, mps 400 and REZ usbs connected to hubby 7. Installed new version of aquasuite 2017-3.1. Aquasuite reports no usb AC devices connected to system. The hubby 7 power pins are on 1 and 2. The red LED is not lit on the hubby 7. So I reconfigure the usb connections to have the aquaero 6 only connected straight to the MB. When the system is rebooted AS sees the aquaero. I shut system down connect the hubby 7 to the MB with MPS 400 and REZ connected to the hubby. Aquaero still direct connection to the MB. Power up the PSU and red LED on hubby lights up. Boot system up all AC devices seen except the slave. All AC devices are also connected with aquabus. I update firmware on all AC devices without errors. All AC devices seen by AS except the slave. I understand now that the slave needs to be set back to default, firmware updated and then reslaved.

Here is my issue. I shut the system down to reconfigure the usb connection back to the original configuration. I do this to clean up the wiring. One less usb cable the better. When I power the system back up. The hubbys red power LED is not lit up and all of the AC devices say disconnected. I try to reboot the system a few times. I still get all AC devices disconnected. I go back to aquaero directly connected to MB usb head. AS does not see the aquaero. No matter what configuration I do with the usb connection AS will not see the devices.

What am I missing? I’m not new to AC or AS. Any help appreciated.

Thank you
Andy

Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2017, 16:32

An aquaero with slave firmware has no USB functionality at all. You will have to put it into recovery mode by placing jumpers on the temperature sensor ports 5, 6, 7 and 8. Dot that before you power the device. When powered up wait till it beeps a few times, then turn it off again and remove the jumpers. Aftewards it will run in recovery mode and USB is enabled again.

When the red LED of Hubby is off, the device does not work so all of the connected devices will not work too of course. You could try to place the jumper to 2-3 (SATA) and to connect SATA for power.

apw63

Mittwoch, 13. Dezember 2017, 17:22

Thank you Shoggy I understand about setting the slave back and reslaving. That is not my issue.

The issue is and yes I understand that no red led means no power to the hubby. The problem is even if the hubby is configured with the AC devices attached or not. and with the red led lit so devices receive power. AS dose not see any AC devices. It went from working to not working. only thing that changed was the usb hubby configuration. when configured as originally working, it will not work now. This is the issue, not understanding the red led on the hubby.

apw63

Sonntag, 17. Dezember 2017, 17:51

I got this working. What worked was changing the hubby 7 to SATA power. But that did not solve the problem. I had to in classic aquasuite fashion, randomly switch round the usb cables until it worked. Not new usb cable just the same ones i have been using from the start.

Sonntag, 17. Dezember 2017, 21:21

I got this working. What worked was changing the hubby 7 to SATA power. But that did not solve the problem. I had to in classic aquasuite fashion, randomly switch round the usb cables until it worked. Not new usb cable just the same ones i have been using from the start.

Sounds like you had the USB cables connected wrong.

apw63

Dienstag, 19. Dezember 2017, 15:30

Sounds like you had the USB cables connected wrong.

Being on the outside I can see how you would come to this conclusion, but its was not the case. I've had this happen before with AS. Even with just the Aquaero and one aquabus device hooked straight to the MB.