• 19.04.2024, 20:44
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

An open letter to aquacomputer re aquasuite updates

Sonntag, 24. Dezember 2017, 16:13

The aquasuite should check for program updates and notify the user, as it does for firmware updates.

In this forum I accidentally discovered version 2017-3.2 is now available.
I am running version 2017-3.1 because I was unaware of the updated version.
And the news tab in aquasuite is unreliable as it shows 2017-2 from May 3rd as the most current version. update.jpg

Montag, 25. Dezember 2017, 13:45

Hey,

you're completly right. I was unaware of this, too and got this info only because of your post here.

Merry Christmas to all.

Montag, 25. Dezember 2017, 20:31

Oooo! I didn't realize there is new version of Aquasuite, just updated it seems OK.

Ya that would be nice to be notified by software that there is an update, I'm wondering whats is the change log

Montag, 25. Dezember 2017, 20:37

It was posted here but I guess not many saw that.

Montag, 25. Dezember 2017, 20:44

Aaaaa :)
Thanks GTXJackBauer ^^

Dienstag, 26. Dezember 2017, 00:04

That was NOT a post. it was an edit to an OLD post.
If you scroll down to the bottom of that post, you will see they are collecting bug reports to implent in 2017-3.1 when it is to be released,...which already was an edit to the original post.

The aquasuite program NEEDS to check for updates on startup, and notify the user if an updated version is available.
I do not have a problem with the licensing scheme, but the aquasuite has to play like the big boys now.

CoAff

Dienstag, 26. Dezember 2017, 01:15

That was NOT a post. it was an edit to an OLD post.
If you scroll down to the bottom of that post, you will see they are collecting bug reports to implent in 2017-3.1 when it is to be released,...which already was an edit to the original post.

The aquasuite program NEEDS to check for updates on startup, and notify the user if an updated version is available.
I do not have a problem with the licensing scheme, but the aquasuite has to play like the big boys now.

I dnl'ded it last week but was conflicted as to whether to install it right away. My system has suffered many vagaries over the past few months and fear had the operant effect of my not being desirous of any conflicts which would cause my digestion some ill at ease.

Yes, the 'news' should be updated to reflect more overtly which and what is the newest update. It was from being confused that I started searching for notices on the forums and was also confused to find that the update was edited into an OLD post.

Which, I admit, just led me to pause the attempt of updating until such time some clarity would present itself: Thank you InfoSeeker for making the point.

The software should check (with a permission check box as some are quite adamant as to maintaining control of their system's when and wherefores) for an update and offer to download it and either install it forthwith or have the ability to cue it so that the user can install it with a button press at their leisure.

I have just installed it. As an fyi there is a firmware update required as well before the software will work correctly. I did that, rebooted and loaded a saved profile. Everything appears smooth. 8)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »CoAff« (26. Dezember 2017, 01:16)

RE: An open letter to aquacomputer re aquasuite updates

Donnerstag, 28. Dezember 2017, 22:28

The aquasuite should check for program updates and notify the user, as it does for firmware updates.

In this forum I accidentally discovered version 2017-3.2 is now available.
I am running version 2017-3.1 because I was unaware of the updated version.
And the news tab in aquasuite is unreliable as it shows 2017-2 from May 3rd as the most current version. [attach]6257[/attach]
Seconded. I actually checked the aquasuite update tab several times over the last few months and was surprised that it kept showing 2017-2 as the last version. Then, out of boredom, went to the forum and lo and behold, a completely new version is out.

This should be an easy fix, and it helps with the user experience immensely.