• 16.04.2024, 14:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

EK Dual DDC on Aquaero 6 XT

Dienstag, 16. Januar 2018, 19:49

Hi,

I am running an EK dual DDC SBay pump/res combo plugged into an Aquaero 6 XT.

I have both DDC pumps on a y splitter to the Fan4 header on the AQ6.

Is that the right way to do it?, or should I be putting the 2 wires on each DDC to another connection?

Thanks!

RE: EK Dual DDC on Aquaero 6 XT

Dienstag, 16. Januar 2018, 22:31

Hi,

I am running an EK dual DDC SBay pump/res combo plugged into an Aquaero 6 XT.

I have both DDC pumps on a y splitter to the Fan4 header on the AQ6.

Is that the right way to do it?, or should I be putting the 2 wires on each DDC to another connection?

Thanks!

If the pumps get their own power from the PSU and only need PWM signal from the AQ, then yes, you can use a splitter and combine them to one channel otherwise for power demand, you'll need them in their own separate channel.

PSU Power only

Dienstag, 16. Januar 2018, 23:11

The DDC pumps get power from the PSU.

I get RPM metrics from the AQ6, and use the "speed controlled" option on the fan type.

1. I'm not sure if PWM is more appropriate vs speed controlled.

2. Should the DDC's be hooked up to flow (or rpm, going from memory here), rather than Fan4?

Thank you for the reply. I'm brand new to both liquid cooling and AQ6.

RE: PSU Power only

Dienstag, 16. Januar 2018, 23:22

The DDC pumps get power from the PSU.

I get RPM metrics from the AQ6, and use the "speed controlled" option on the fan type.

1. I'm not sure if PWM is more appropriate vs speed controlled.

2. Should the DDC's be hooked up to flow (or rpm, going from memory here), rather than Fan4?

Thank you for the reply. I'm brand new to both liquid cooling and AQ6.

Not on the flow or you can damage your stuff. That's for one particular flow meter ONLY.

All I know is, a PWM DDC that gets power from the PSU can connect to one of the fan channels. I have a MCP35X2 in serial that I have combined to one channel with of course only one of the pumps is sending a RPM signal.

Makes sense...

Dienstag, 16. Januar 2018, 23:48

So they are PWM DDC pumps which get a power from the PSU.

I get confused about the connector as it only has 2 wires, but I suppose those are the "PWM" part, so PWM should be the fan type in Aquasuite.

I do connect them both via Y splitter to Fan4, I suppose this is good as the pumps seem to have variable flow (That I've noticed).

Thanks again!

RE: Makes sense...

Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2018, 05:43

So they are PWM DDC pumps which get a power from the PSU.

I get confused about the connector as it only has 2 wires, but I suppose those are the "PWM" part, so PWM should be the fan type in Aquasuite.

I do connect them both via Y splitter to Fan4, I suppose this is good as the pumps seem to have variable flow (That I've noticed).

Thanks again!

Yes, there should be a green and blue wire. One is PWM for control and the other is the tach wire for readings. Just make sure you assign PWM to the channel in the aquasuite for full control.

Dienstag, 23. Januar 2018, 11:41

Using a splitter to connect both PWM pumps to a single header just means they will both run at the same PWM setting. Giving each pump it's own connection to a fan header Eid allow you to run them at different speeds but there is little practical use for that.