• 16.04.2024, 17:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Advice for suitable pump

Mittwoch, 17. Januar 2018, 20:52

Hi Guys, I want to buy the rigth pump or pumps for my loop
So could you please give me advice regarding to the most suitable reference of pump for my system that I will describe next: It is a mining rig to which I want to assemble a liquid refrigeration circuit in order to make the system as less noisy as possible.

The rig contains the next elements which will add resistance to the water flow:

6 ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI
2 Alphacool NexXxos UT60 Radiator 420, 140mm x 3, Triple Fan

For giving you an idea about my project I am sharing with you this short video which I have taken as reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUtHhNO5Y3o

I will appreciate your support for this issue, so I will know which pump or pumps to acquire

Dienstag, 23. Januar 2018, 11:07

GPU's are less sensitive to flow rate than other blocks so it's possible you could get away with a single d5 pump, though 6 of those hybrid blocks is a lot of resistance to deal with.

Dual pumps will increase the flow rate by around 50% or if noise is less of an issue then a more powerful pump like a koolance PMP 500 should suit you fine.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (23. Januar 2018, 11:11)

Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2018, 02:44

Thanks for your advice, confirm what I thought.
I was also considering the Koolance pump but after watching some videos I realized this is very noisy.
I'm thinking of putting two D5 in series, one in the bottom of the loop; before the radiators, and the second before the GPUs, will it be necessary to have two reservoirs?

Regards

Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2018, 15:12

A single pump in general for a very complex loop will be noisy because you'll be using its max settings and if you're lucky, you might get decent flow. A dual or triple pumps in series is more ideal for very complex loops like this one. I wouldn't go more than that. As long as you're flowing anywhere from 1.0-1.5 GPM, you're good to go. Heck, even in the 0.8 to 1.2 is fine as well.

Montag, 5. Februar 2018, 16:39

Thanks for your advice, confirm what I thought.
I was also considering the Koolance pump but after watching some videos I realized this is very noisy.
I'm thinking of putting two D5 in series, one in the bottom of the loop; before the radiators, and the second before the GPUs, will it be necessary to have two reservoirs?

Regards

No, two reservoirs just makes filling and bleeding the system more troublesome. Just use a single pump for filling the system, the one closest to the reservoir, until you are sure most air is out and the second pump has no air trapped in it. The second pump does not cause any noticeable resistance while its not running so it won't hinder filling.
Then both pumps together will finish it off quicker.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (5. Februar 2018, 16:41)

Sonntag, 11. Februar 2018, 06:44

Just use a single pump for filling the system, the one closest to the reservoir, until you are sure most air is out and the second pump has no air trapped in it. The second pump does not cause any noticeable resistance while its not running so it won't hinder filling.
Then both pumps together will finish it off quicker.

That's exactly what I've been doing for years. Use one pump for filling. Once I get to the bleed out phase, I run both pumps at full blast. Let's just say you bleed out the loop at a very rapid rate. lol Then I head back to one pump during the 24 hr leak test.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (11. Februar 2018, 06:46)