• 19.04.2024, 01:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Will laying mps flow 400 on the bottom of the case cause any issues?

Sonntag, 4. März 2018, 02:29

Previously I had my mps flow 400 suspended off the case bottom between a few fittings. Currently I'm in the process of removing some fittings for soft tubing; so, I'll be laying the sensor on the case bottom with the 1/2in. ID X 3/4in. OD tubing coming before and after for the required run length. Will there be any issues with just having the sensor laying on the floor of the case? (lowered accuracy, increased noise, increased leak risk, etc

Also can I just plug the temperature sensor into the mps, and the aquaero will pick it up that way?

Montag, 5. März 2018, 16:37

Placing the MPS 400 flow sensor on the bottom of your case should not induce any issues. If I understand the device correctly, the flow rate is determines by reading the pressure differential on either side of the orifice in the internal flow path. There are no moving parts, other than the coolant, so vibration is not an issue at the flow rates anticipated.

The only issue to consider is no angular fittings at, or with 5 cm, of the inlet/outlet ports, as they may cause turbulence in the coolant stream at the orifice, which may give erroneous results.

As to the temperature port, I do not know if temp data is passed over the aquabus to the aquaero.
If it is, you can use the MPS flow temp port for the aquaero... I have never tested that.