• 19.04.2024, 11:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MPowerph

unregistriert

Aquaero with dual loop system

Sonntag, 4. März 2018, 11:54

Hi, I am using my current dual loops system for a while, and now there is a plan to install a Aquaero for the better control. I read about, how it works, but there are some things, what i do not understand, when you want to add an Aquaero to a dual loop system, may somebody knows the answers what i am after. I do not want to buy the controller, until i am not sure, it will work.

I have checked the PCB. So, you have two aquabus(low-high) connector, and only one flow meter connector.

[img]http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=154255&d=1411658312[/img]

In my loops there will be 1-1 Aquacomputer D5 with the aquabus interface(just purchased them to replace the old VPP655). 1-1 flow meter, and 2-2 temp sensor (before & after the blocks).

There is my question, because with a single loop it would be straight. How can i connect the two D5, and the two flow sensor to the Aquaero?
Also, when i choose the Flow sensors, i can see two different type. The one, which has only the RPM port, and the other, what has USB, temp, aquabus ports. The second one would be great, as i instant get one of the planned temp sensor.
So, as i reckon, cannot connect the two flow sensor to the one flow port, i have to use the aquabus ports. I still do not understand, how does these aquabus ports work to be honest. Is it possible, if i use Y splitter for the two D5 pumps, which goes to the aquabus HIGH, and an other Y splitter for the flow sensors, which goes to the aqubus LOW port? Actually, what is the different between the low and high port?

Thanks for the help!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MPowerph« (4. März 2018, 11:57)

Sonntag, 4. März 2018, 15:32

Might as well piggyback on this.

I'm going to be doing something similar in a few months, and wanted to check if it's possible to get more than 4 pwm headers running in pwm mode. (2 pwm headers for each loop's fans, 2 for the pumps, and 1 for the case fans) Definitely need at least five headers, maybe more depending on the final build.

In response to mpowerh, The low port is disabled in the latest firmware. You can just chain all of the aquabus devices together on the high port. I use an mps 400 for the flow meter, and you should easily be able to chain two of them together to the aquabus. I don't know what the max connected devices would be with multiple splitters.

The temp sensor built into the mps 400 isn't the most accurate from my understanding. You'll ideally want 2 of the AQ temp sensor fittings, which can be plugged into the mps 400, I believe.

Montag, 5. März 2018, 05:44

If i remember correctly you can have 4 aquabus devices connected. I personally use a splitty9 from Aquacomputer, lot less hassle and much tidier than splitter cables. ( I have 2 d5 pumps connected this way to one PWM fan header) The Aquaero has 8 temp sensor headers. The Aquabus low port is now for a flow sensor. The MPS 400 i have is about 1C higher temp vs my stand alone temp sensor. The Aquaero is the best fan/pump etc. controller on the market for use with a PC.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

RE: Aquaero with dual loop system

Montag, 5. März 2018, 18:22

Hi, I am using my current dual loops system for a while, and now there is a plan to install a Aquaero for the better control. I read about, how it works, but there are some things, what i do not understand, when you want to add an Aquaero to a dual loop system, may somebody knows the answers what i am after. I do not want to buy the controller, until i am not sure, it will work.

I have checked the PCB. So, you have two aquabus(low-high) connector, and only one flow meter connector.

[img]http://www.overclockers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=154255&d=1411658312[/img]

The latest firmware converts the aquabus-low port to a flow port. CHANGELOG
So you now have two flow ports available on the aqauaero.

Zitat

In my loops there will be 1-1 Aquacomputer D5 with the aquabus interface(just purchased them to replace the old VPP655). 1-1 flow meter, and 2-2 temp sensor (before & after the blocks).

There is my question, because with a single loop it would be straight. How can i connect the two D5, and the two flow sensor to the Aquaero?
Also, when i choose the Flow sensors, i can see two different type. The one, which has only the RPM port, and the other, what has USB, temp, aquabus ports. The second one would be great, as i instant get one of the planned temp sensor.
So, as i reckon, cannot connect the two flow sensor to the one flow port, i have to use the aquabus ports. I still do not understand, how does these aquabus ports work to be honest. Is it possible, if i use Y splitter for the two D5 pumps, which goes to the aquabus HIGH, and an other Y splitter for the flow sensors, which goes to the aqubus LOW port? Actually, what is the different between the low and high port?

Thanks for the help!

Here is a possible scenarios for your dual loop system.

Common to both loops:
- one aquaero to control both loops
- one splitty9 connected to the aquaero aquabus-high port to consolidate all aquabus connections
- one external temperature sensor reading ambient room temperature, connected to aquaero temp-in port 3
- one internal temperature sensor reading internal case temperature, connected to aquaero temp-in port 4
- case push fans connected to the aquaero fan port 3
- case pull fans connected to the aquaero fan port 4

Loop 1:
- one D5 USB/aquabus pump connected to the splitty9 (aquabus address set to 12)
- one High Flow sensor USB connected to the splitty9 (aquabus address set to 13)
- one inline temperature sensor at the radiator exit port for coolant temperature, and connected to aquaero temp-in port 1
- all loop-1 radiator fans connected to the aquaero fan port 1

Loop 2:
- one D5 USB/aquabus pump connected to the splitty9 (aquabus address set to 14)
- one High Flow sensor USB connected to the splitty9 (aquabus address set to 15)
- one inline temperature sensor at the radiator exit port for coolant temperature, and connected to aquaero temp-in port 2
- all loop-2 radiator fans connected to the aquaero fan port 2

Controllers:
- set both pump's rpm to yield the flow rate desired for each loop, and leave alone

- make a case virtual temp for the difference between ambient (room) and internal (case)
- set a controller to control the case push fans according to the case virtual temperature
- set a controller to control the case pull fans according to the case virtual temperature
- (if positive pressure desired, push more aggressively than pull)

- make a loop-1 coolant virtual temp for the difference between ambient (room) and loop-1 coolant
- set a controller to control the loop-1 fans according to the loop-1 virtual temperature

- make a loop-2 coolant virtual temp for the difference between ambient (room) and loop-2 coolant
- set a controller to control the loop-2 fans according to the loop-2 virtual temperature

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (5. März 2018, 18:40)

Mittwoch, 7. März 2018, 15:18

If i remember correctly you can have 4 aquabus devices connected.

You can connect much more at the same time:

2x aquastream XT/ULTIMATE pumps
8x poweradjust 2/3
2x aquaero 5/6 LT (in this case no poweradjust 2/3 can be connected)
4x mps based devices (flow sensor, pressure/fill level sensor and D5 pump with aquabus)
2x farbwerk controller
1x Real Time Clock expansion module