• 19.04.2024, 23:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquacomputer Components/USB and Aquabus?

Mittwoch, 7. März 2018, 01:41

Hi guys,

Its funny that even after all this time of using Aquaero and several Aquacomputer products when you think you know your way around it, there is still something unclear.

Please let me know if this is the way it should be or I have had this setup all this time and in fact was not totally correct. I have Aquaero 6XT, 6x PA3 Ultra and 2 High speed USB flow meter and all working as it should but my question is..do I need the USB cable to be connected to the M/B still as I do from the beginning I think I have tried once to disconnect and see if aquabus would keep
everything in place, but then everything would disappear so I would leave the cable connected I just didn't want to bother.

Am I wrong to be under the assumption that the USB cable needs to be connected to the motherboard or I should be able to remove the USB cable and everything should be able to run of Aquabus, let's put this to rest for me please, can this be clarified :D

Mittwoch, 7. März 2018, 01:56

Aquaero can work as a standalone device. It should work with or w/out the USB cable to the MB. Just make sure you save the profile to the AQ via small icon through the software before you go disconnecting its USB.

Mittwoch, 7. März 2018, 02:09

Thanks for such prompt response :thumbup: If I'm not mistaking I did that at the very beginning when I connected everything ( year or so ago) and that's when things didn't work and that's why I just left the cable intact, or maybe I didn't save anything and I'm delusional. My impression was that once Aquaero ses all devices I can disconnect the USB....maybe I skipped something like ...to save it I don't know.

Just out of curiosity, how many devices do you have and is your USB cable disconnected or you keep in it on :)

My system has been running nonstop for the past 3 days and it has to run probably for the next 2-3 days I can't shut it down, but I am very curious and once is done its job I will try to see if it will work this time :rolleyes: :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (7. März 2018, 02:12)

Mittwoch, 7. März 2018, 03:18

I've done a few reinstalls with the system working as it was prior because I would save my settings to AQ's onboard memory.

Once you press it once, it will disappear till there are any changes to your settings.

Mittwoch, 7. März 2018, 03:42

So as of now everything is working perfect with the USB cable connected. Do I just save this as is and you think I can disconnect the USB cable and it should continue on working as if the cable was there, or is there anything else I should do :)

Thank you for your help :thumbup:

Mittwoch, 7. März 2018, 05:50

Just a side question here, but why do you wish to run the aquaero without a USB connection?

Mittwoch, 7. März 2018, 06:46

I have Asus x99 E-WS 10G, its truly wonderful broad ( and very $ :D :D ) with my 10G Asus switches I can swap files on my home and offices network with extreme speed. The problem is the limitation of USB ports, there are only 3x USB 3 ports at the back, and 2 internal USB 2 headers but the bigger problem is that I'm on Windows 7 and unlike Windows10 have built in to OS USB 3 drivers Windows7 substitutes them with eXtensible host controller that doesn't work all that great and depend on some peoples habits, if they never put their system to sleep they are OK, but if you do like I do there are some issues that will not get resolved due to the windows 7 age.

The drivers work OK and the speeds of USB devices connected to the USB 3 ports are great but there drivers causing some issues especially on this board or I should say this platform, when you have any type of USB hub (USB 2 or 3) connected to any of the USB ports at the back with eXtensible host controller and drivers installed, it will randomly hang system when entering sleep mode, everything is running, the fans, lights the only thing is off is the monitor and it can happen within a day, 2-3 days, than I have to hard reboot because nothing is responsive.

Without the drivers installed the USB 3 speeds are like USB 2 but no hanging, so I simply run without the eXtensible host controller, I really don't need them and Intel and Asus won't update the drivers for windows 7 which I understand but I won't update my OS period......Windows 10 sucks majorly.

Anyways, the bigger problem is that I use a lot of programs outside of windows and keyboard and mouse need to be connected directly to the USB 2 or 3 and since I have on board USB 2 headers I also have USB 2 updater with bracket for M/B rear IO I would need to free the USB 2 header for that in which now is occupied by Aquaero USB 3 cable.

I work around all those obstacles since I got the board so I don't mind keep on doing it, but that's why I was wondering if its possible to do that so I could free the USB 2 header and use it to make things a bit easier for me, if won't work, well.....I will just keep on doing what I have been for the past year or so, no big deal :rolleyes: :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (7. März 2018, 06:57)

Donnerstag, 8. März 2018, 06:08

Why not just add a hubby7? That would give you extra free USB inside the pc, that's what i did. That way you can keep the Aquaero connected and add the USB I/O bracket to the rear of your PC and still have 2 spare USB inside :)
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Donnerstag, 8. März 2018, 06:56

Why not just add a hubby7? That would give you extra free USB inside the pc, that's what i did. That way you can keep the Aquaero connected and add the USB I/O bracket to the rear of your PC and still have 2 spare USB inside :)
I see :D that is a good idea...Aquacomputer is out of stock, I'm wondering when they will get some more.
Thanks for advice, problem solved :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (8. März 2018, 07:17)

Freitag, 9. März 2018, 04:10

I see :D that is a good idea...Aquacomputer is out of stock, I'm wondering when they will get some more.
Thanks for advice, problem solved :thumbup:

Your welcome, not sure where you are in the world but i got mine from here Hubby7 They have 6 in stock :) or if your in Europe there's all these you can try Hubby7

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Bartdude« (9. März 2018, 06:27)

"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"