• 16.04.2024, 19:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

PowerAdjust 3 Ultra

Montag, 26. März 2018, 06:26

Hey guys,

I need a little help, I think I know next step but I'm not 100% sure I feel like I'm forgetting what I've learn in the past ?( and advice would really help. I have Aquaero 6XT, 2x High flow USB meter and 6x PA3 Ultra, so if I'm correct, in aquasuite under aquabus connected devices I have max allowance at this point, there are 8 devices, If I'm not wrong 8 devices is the MAX.

I need to add additional PA3 Ultra that will control 1 separate fan which will cool 2 of my mechanical HDD's, so...If I'm correct about the aquabus's MAX #of allowed devices than this PA3 will show in aquasuite under menu as a separate device and I on correct?

Also, once I install the additional PA3 do I still need to temporarily connect that PA3 via USB to the motherboard, how do I do the connections? currently I think I have ModMyToys 4-Pin PWM Power Distribution PCB - 8-Way Block that Is connected to Aquaeros aquabus, it works great, so I still have 2 more fan headers available is needed.

I I've done quite a bit of wiring in the past but I'm not sure if I'm getting some sort of memory loss, Alzheimer or what :D I feel like I need to ask for help.

Thanks guys

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (26. März 2018, 06:51)

Montag, 26. März 2018, 09:01

You can connect eight poweradjust 3 to the aqaero.

In maximum configuration, the following devices can be connected to an aquaero 5/6 simultaneously:

2x aquastream XT/ULTIMATE pumps
8x poweradjust 2/3
2x aquaero 5/6 LT (in this case no poweradjust 2/3 can be connected)
4x mps based devices (flow sensor, pressure/fill level sensor and D5 pump with aquabus)
2x farbwerk controller
1x Real Time Clock expansion module

You will need the USB connection at least one time to make sure that the poweradjust uses the latest firmware and to adjust the aquabus ID number.

Montag, 26. März 2018, 13:27

Thank you for the clarification, sounds like I was way off with my theory :P

Montag, 26. März 2018, 20:01

Did I screw up ;(

Man things were set to go, new PA3 firmware got updated and stupid me from all that hipness I plunged 3pin cable from PA3 fan header to slitter where all aquabus Headers are now one of my PA keep blinking and all aquabus devices are gone.

Shaggy help, did I mess up Aquabus or can things be reset ;( ;(

Montag, 26. März 2018, 22:56

I went into a panic mode :) then I realize that I knocked all devices out of aquabus, even the one PA3 blinking light I thought I broke it, but after connecting USB to it, it asked me to update the firmware, which I did whey back, but I did it anyways and its OK.

Now I have to re-assign all devices to aquabus again, but I'm glad I didn't damage anything, so I think :rolleyes: well.... let's see later on when I'm done

Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 01:47

Darn..it .Now nothing is being saved to aquabus, I don't know if I haven't damaged the aquabus system or what.
PA3 shows via USB and ID# are between 50-57 so If i chose any of the ID# and save it, than I will shot PC off including turning off PSU and hit Power button to release remaining power than install cable from PA3 Aquabus to Aquaero High aquabus than reboot, nothing showing in aquabus.
Guys!!!!

?(

Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 13:36

@Shoggy,

I tend to believe Aquabus is messed up, can that be fixed, replaced, I mean nothing shows up under aquabus I really like the unit and I don't want to scrap it.

Would you be able to fix that through RMA, if I have to pay $ and if its worth it I will, please let me know

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (27. März 2018, 13:37)

Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 14:00

You should only try to connect one aquabus device for the start instead of all at the same time. This should help to isolate the problem. Keep in mind that the aquaero only searchs for new devices after a full shutdown (no power at all, also not via USB!).

No matter which device might be damaged in the end: a faulty aquabus port can not be repaired because this port is directly routed to the I/O ports of the CPU. Since it can not be repaired or exchanged the whole controller board must be replaced.

Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 14:59

Thanks Shoggy,
I do connect 1 aquabus device only and nothing will show up don't matter how I do it that's why I'm thinking the aquabus might be damaged, what you think ?(

Let me ask you, when I installed the new PA, after all I used 3 pin fan cable from PA3 fan header and connected by accident to PCB slitter that was connected to Aquabus, so there was 12V of power going to aquabus, would that damage aquabus system ?

Also is control board worth replacing as far is $

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (27. März 2018, 15:02)

Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 17:08

That would damage the aquabus port for sure and can be also determined yourself if you own a multimeter.

Remove all connections from the poweradjust. Set your multimeter to the diode testing icon that I have marked with red circles.

aquabus_test.jpg

Put the black ground tip to the first pin of the aquabus port and the red voltage tip to the second pin of the aquabus port. If the aquabus port is OK you will get a reading of about 1,9 volt. Some cheaper multimeter devices can read only up to 1,5 volt. In this case you will see "OL" (overload) or something like that to tell you that the measured value is too high for the device. Well, you can still consider it as OK in this case.

A reading with a voltage below 1,0 volt indicates a damage of the aquabus port.

Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 17:32

Thank you Shoggy.

I have another brand new Aquaero 6XT so I switched them and the results were the same I could not get any of my PA to stick in aquasuite aquabus, so...
At the time when this happened I was testing the new PA3 and that unit wasn't connected to Aquabus yet so I try to see if this unit will show up in Aquasuite aquabus and sure enough, there was no issue and non of my 6 PA3 ultra are showing.

I think my Aquaero is good but from bad I think its worse because I think I have damages all of my 6 PA3 and I think even 2 of my USB high flow meters, and that is big expanse......... :cursing:

You showed me how to test Aquaeros aquabus, I do have good multi meter (Fluke) is there way of me testing PA3 if its damaged or not, if you could show me the same way you did with testing of Aquaeros that would be great

Just checked my USB flow meters, it shows 1.62v that should be OK right

Also, very strange because when I checked both of my Aquaeros and one is brand new both showing just over 1v ?( I assume take the power source cable off as well right?

Might be my meter, but fro a brief moment it shows the same reading as for USB flow meter 1.6xx and goes back to 1v on both of the aquaeros

Update:

We getting somewhere, both of my USB flow meters are working and showing in aquasuite under aquabus, so that means my Aquaeros Aquabus is fine.

So now to the PA3 how do I darn make them work, none of them showing except the new one :?: ?(

The scary part is I have to move my whole system 250lbs to put everything back together and the water drainage . :cursing: so at least i feel little better that the worse scenario I will need to purchase 6x PA3 :D I don't mind Aquacomputer is my favorite, despite this, it was my fault and I just purchase new Aquasuite license to show my loyalty :D I will definitely feel better if all of my PA3 were good :whistling:

Lets work on the PA3 now :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (27. März 2018, 18:30)

Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 19:57

So! here is whats happening..

Now my 2x USB flow meters working nicely and they are in aquasuite aquabus. I assigned the ID for the new PA3 via USB before, so now if I plug that PA3 via aquabus it shows in aquabus no problem but, if I add any of the 6x PA3 they are knocking off anything that is connected via aquabus so there is nothing in aquabus.

Any indication on why this is happening, if this any of help to figure this out

Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 23:49

Just got new PA3 via DHL , that's another one on top of the new one I already had, I ordered this one yesterday and hooked it up via USB than aquabus after all, no fuss, within minute both of them showing in aquabus.

Once again, when I tried to connect any of the 6x PA3 that I have fed by accident their aquabus with 12v from fan header, not only that they don't show up in aquabus but also if I have anything connected in aquabus e.g. mps or the other 2 new PA3 they all, everything in aquabus gets knocked OFF,everything is gone, does that sounds like damaged PA3, is there something I can do to test it, is there some sort hard reset like I know use to be in Aquaero, maybe still is via jumpers :?:

This stupid mistake cost me $400 :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: I am mad but nothing I can do about it.

Just ordered 5 new PA3, should be here Thursday

I have so many PCB splitters, few for fans but only that one designated as a aquabus splitter I have marked that one "Aquabus" 8o 8o , no more mistakes :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (28. März 2018, 04:22)

Mittwoch, 28. März 2018, 09:06

You can check the poweradjust aquabus port the same way as the mps aquabus port. Please note that this method will not work for the aquaero.

When you really forwarded 12V to the aquabus ports you can be pretty sure that it damaged the I/O ports of the CPU.

Mittwoch, 28. März 2018, 13:37

That would explain why all PA3 are doomed, they were powered and daisy chained

Thanks for your help :)

Btw. what thickness thermal pads Aquaeros passive heat sink uses, sense I'm changing all PA3 and they use 0.5mm I must well replace on my Aquaero

Never mind, founded. I have new heat sink with the org. thermal pad, it uses 0.5mm

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (28. März 2018, 15:14)

Freitag, 30. März 2018, 22:00

All 7 PA3 Ultra registered in aquabus without single glitch. My system is up and running again.

That's what happens when you either rush through things or not paying full attention, stupid mistake, lesson learn :whistling: :)
»Dundys« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (30. März 2018, 22:09)

Freitag, 30. März 2018, 22:38

My goodness that thing is a beast! How in the......wow so much work for such a massive rig. I can only imagine.

How does that glass still stay intact? Shocked you'd use glass to hold up such a massive rig.

Btw, what was the culprit if I missed it and the cost? I usually skip a wall of text well cause, it's too much work like that rig of yours. LOL!

Samstag, 31. März 2018, 02:36

My goodness that thing is a beast! How in the......wow so much work for such a massive rig. I can only imagine.

How does that glass still stay intact? Shocked you'd use glass to hold up such a massive rig.

Btw, what was the culprit if I missed it and the cost? I usually skip a wall of text well cause, it's too much work like that rig of yours. LOL!

Thank you for your kind words. Even thou I have this system for few years now I still love it,its dead silent, yet lots of power it works pretty much 24/7 except when I do maintenance, it serves me and my wife's work.

Its remote data collection, 99% of the time it downloads ton of Law work backups (100-150TB per night) from several law offices in Ontario,than during the day this thing is for my work.

Sometimes I'm wondering if I should change my desk, this is very hard tempered glass, it can handle over 300lbs, but still it's almost there ( easy over 200lbs) :P :P

When I was testing my new PA3 I plugged 3 pin cable from powered PA3 fan header to Aquaeros Aquabus and because the rest 6x PA3's where daisy chained it messed up all of the PA3 Aquabus :cursing: :D so none of the PA3 would even show up in Aquasuite Aquabus,unfortunately I had to get 7 new PA3 from Performancepcs, it works nice now so I'm happy, but it cost me almost $400.

There is ton of wiring, some have labels some don't I also have about 6 PCB splitters in which that particular one I used to connect the 12v fan cable is designated only for Aquabus and I didn't cached that until was to late :whistling:

Well... I have labeled now so this won't happen again, let's hope I wont to anything else as stupid as this

Freitag, 6. April 2018, 18:36

One positive thing came out of this, I want to clean up my cables so I did a bit it might not look much but there is ton of hidden wires now, despite what it shows :P
»Dundys« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

Samstag, 7. April 2018, 09:16

Looks good Dundy. Now give us the show stopper shots of the rig.