• 19.04.2024, 21:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Games freeze

Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 15:26

ASUS Z370 Maximus X Formula, i7-8700k, 16Gb RAM, ASUS GTX 1070, Windows 10 64 Pro
2 Aqua MPS, one - 100, another 400 (my setup has 2 independent loops, CPU and GPU ones).

Like a month ago I've noticed strange games (I play Overwatch and WoW) behavior - screen freezes and you could do nothing in there (sound continues to play though, if any). It happens randomly, could be in 10 sec after game started or in 30 mins).
You could switch to Windows Start menu but can't start any program, Task Manager opens but its window is empty so you can't kill any program/process. You can't soft reset/reboot as well - system doesn't react if you chose that option. The only way out is hard reset.

I've googled this problem and tried all possible solutions I found. That includes but not limited to:
1. Replacing RAM
2. Disable overclocking (my system running at 5Ghz stable, brought it back to default 3.7)
3. Disable power saving for PCI
4. Disable power saving for USB ports
5. Antivirus remove
6. Different NVIDIA drivers (starting from 390.65 to the most recent one, 391.24)
7. Xbox DVR disable
8. Razer software removal

None of above helped.

Then I've started to analyze what I've done about a month ago. The only HW change I've made was to install second MPS (400 one). It is rather hard to remove it from hard tubes setup, so I've uninstlled aquasuite... and my freezes are gone...

This is FYI only, I'm not blaming aquasuite, my setup might be unique and wasn't tested by developers, but the fact of the matter is - with 2 MPS aquasuite does something to video so it stopped rendering.

Dienstag, 27. März 2018, 21:22

Check and see when's the last WIndow's update you've had. Could be the culprit.

Also see if you could roll back from a backup.