• 16.04.2024, 09:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Fan not being recognized by Aquaero?

Dienstag, 10. April 2018, 21:45

Hello everyone,

I have 2 x Noctua NF-R8 redux-1800 PWM (Max. Input Power: 0,72 W) and 1 x EK-Vardar EVO 120ER Black (2200rpm) (Power Draw: 2.16W). All are PWM and 12v fans.

They are connected to a Phobya 4Pin PWM to 4x 4Pin Fan Splitter PCB, which in turn connects to a single header on my Aquaero 6 LT.

The Aquaero detects the connection. However it shows it at a rotation speed of 0 at all times. I've tried configuring in advanced options to all three modes: Power, Speed, and PWM.

To make matters worse, the 2 x 80mm never start up, however the EK Vardar fan is 100% responsive to all my changes.

Is there a way to correct this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Freitag, 13. April 2018, 09:25

I am quite sure your splitter merges the RPM signal of all fans so their signals are overlaping which does not work.

Get a splitter that does it the right way ;)

Freitag, 13. April 2018, 21:27

Ah, OK.
So I believe you're saying that by removing the Vardar Fan from the splitter it will engage the two Noctua fans. The problem is two types of fans on one splitter, so it can only run one type.
At which point I'll just need to route the single Vardar directly to the Aquaero.
However, I currently don't have a spare port on the Aquaero to do so...
In my 4th fan header slot I have a number of 3mm single reservoir LEDs linked up to a 3 pin adapter. The LEDs have standard 2 pin connections. I have a Farbwerk which I use for RGB LED strips with a few vacant slots. So my question: Is there an adapter to route 2 pin single LEDs to the headers on the Farbwerk?

Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2018, 23:57

Ah, OK.
So I believe you're saying that by removing the Vardar Fan from the splitter it will engage the two Noctua fans. The problem is two types of fans on one splitter, so it can only run one type.
At which point I'll just need to route the single Vardar directly to the Aquaero.
However, I currently don't have a spare port on the Aquaero to do so...
In my 4th fan header slot I have a number of 3mm single reservoir LEDs linked up to a 3 pin adapter. The LEDs have standard 2 pin connections. I have a Farbwerk which I use for RGB LED strips with a few vacant slots. So my question: Is there an adapter to route 2 pin single LEDs to the headers on the Farbwerk?

Just use Connector “PWM 1/2” on the AQ. After all that's what it was designed for.

^ It's a custom built cable but it should give you an idea what I'm talking about.
You could also just wire those 3mm LED's directly to the PSU. There dozen of options you can create to power those 3mm LED's.

Freitag, 25. Mai 2018, 00:45

Of course! Wow, I completely forgot about those ports. Many thanks for your help Revan654!

Dienstag, 29. Mai 2018, 11:59

I am quite sure your splitter merges the RPM signal of all fans so their signals are overlaping which does not work.

Get a splitter that does it the right way ;)

My one has a PCB that has the traces connected properly for fans with only a single RPM signal sent to the control header. It even has one of the output headers marked with RPM as the one that is used for RPM feedback. Even if it does have a fully connected PCB the 80mm fans should still run at least.

Mine is the 8 way splitter version but I don't see why they would make the 4 way differently considering its PCB design must be so much simpler. I know for sure the 6 way version is also designed correctly.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (29. Mai 2018, 12:04)