• 18.04.2024, 21:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Can an Aquaero 5 LT be used as a slave to Aquaero 6 XL or do I need a Aquaero 6 LT?

Montag, 7. Mai 2018, 16:33

I have an Aquaero 6 XL.
I would like to expand the number of fan channels from 4 to 8 by adding a slave device.
Since I own a version 6, do I need a 6 LT or can I buy a 5 LT? If I can buy a 5 LT for this is there any advantage in buying the 6 LT?
(A Splitty9 would increase the number of fans I could use but does not add channels. All the fans get the same PWM instructions and only one fan reports back to the controller it's RPM. - right?)
James

yes?

Dienstag, 8. Mai 2018, 05:24

I don't like replying to myself but in case someone has the same question and looks at my post I would like them to have something.

I found this thread - "https://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-foren/english-forum/p1428274-problems-with-lt-as-a-slave/?highlight=slave#post1428274"

It's from a person who had a 6 XT and a slave 5 LT. He's having a problem but it's not from having different board numbers.
So I guess it's OK to have this configuration. :thumbup:

wpuser

Dienstag, 8. Mai 2018, 07:51

aquaero 5 has 4 channels with 1 PWM channel. "Maximum output power is 19.8 W (1.65 A at 12 V) for each channel."

aquaero 6 has 4 channels, all PWM. "Maximum current is 2.5 A per output independent of output voltage, resulting in a maximum power of 30 W at 12 V."

You can use a combination, even an aquaero 5 as master and an aquaero 6 as slave.

Dienstag, 8. Mai 2018, 10:57

5 and 6 can be used in any combination as master/slave.

Dienstag, 8. Mai 2018, 19:53

Thank you WPUSER and GR3IF!
I thought so but I really wanted someone with some experience to verify my guess.
The extra information about the PWM channels in the 5 and 6 is very useful WPUSER.

dang it.....I only need one more channel for what I am going to do but if I expand my plans again maybe I should get a 6 LT.

James :wacko:

Dienstag, 8. Mai 2018, 20:07

aquaero 5 has 4 channels with 1 PWM channel. "Maximum output power is 19.8 W (1.65 A at 12 V) for each channel."

aquaero 6 has 4 channels, all PWM. "Maximum current is 2.5 A per output independent of output voltage, resulting in a maximum power of 30 W at 12 V."

You can use a combination, even an aquaero 5 as master and an aquaero 6 as slave.
Are you sure about the PWM channel?

This document https://forum.aquacomputer.de/images-ac/aquaero_5_eng.pdf specifies "Output for PWM-fan" as "channel 4"

I guess that could mean 4 PWM signal split across 4 fan outputs but that is misleading.

EDITED - Never mind. I guess it's pretty obvious when you look at the 5 LT and see only the fourth fan has 4 pins. (dang)

James

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jamesweishaar« (8. Mai 2018, 21:07)