• 16.04.2024, 16:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite and specific services issues on x99

Sonntag, 17. Juni 2018, 18:39

There is an issue related to Aquasuite and x99 platform. It took me over 15 months to link this issue to Aquasuite at least t in my case.

I've noticed a lot of people have been facing very similar problem and it's not tide up to specific brand of M/B or component or version of windows and that's why this was so difficult to pinpoint, some have resolved it and some haven't. The day 1 I've moved to x99 platform I have been straggling with this and for the life of me I could not figure that until just very recently.

This issue is random, intermittent and that's why is so difficult to find the source. Weather the computer would be in sleep mode for a day or 2 or the system would be in use, most times, every 2 to 3 days at some point while I would put the system to sleep the hard drives, monitor would turn off but everything else would stay on and the system would become unresponsive indefinitely and the only way for me to bring the system back to Windows was to do hard reboot.

I started troubleshooting this 15 months ago. First, I reinstalled the windows and run the system without any updates except the latest Framework so Aquasuite would install as its controls pumps and fans and I also installed all M/B necessary drivers, there were no other software, I disconnected all peripherals except mouse and keyboard and after few days problem came back.

At this point I thought M/B has issues, maybe BIOS, Asus has send me brand new x99 E-WS 10G but after all the problem have came back. Next was to test GPUs.

I have change from Titans to quarto and only single card oppose to 3 way Sli, after while problem came back, RAM was next. Corsair send me brand new Dominator Platinum, after few days and I think this time was little longer, maybe 4-5 days the issue so nothing is fixed.

First I'm trying to find out if I have problem with hardware itself and at this point I'm scratching my had and thinking...maybe CPU? Intel send me brand new 6950X and again, after some time problem came back. I did the same thing with PSUs and again, same results. So At this point I'm thinking, maybe one of the M/B drivers, maybe Nvidia drivers.

This was the longest troubleshooting I have ever done, because of the Intermittent occurrences, there were days when things were OK and just when I thought it was fixed, it came back so I had to start all over again.

Anyways. I don't what possessed me to think but one day I thought OK...Let's turn all Aquasuite services off e.g. Processor, GPU, Memory and so on so forth.

Problem was gone for days, than I turn the services back on and problem came back. Hmmm, OK....It's the GPU and RAM service that is the problem, at this point I have them turned off and things are working as they should for weeks.

Man, after 15 months , when you think about how stupid this is and why I wouldn't think of Aquauite...hmmm all this time of aggravation..grrrr

I have mentioned earlier, some people would have exact the same issue and either their add-on cards or drivers have cause their problem and now they have fixed it but some still can't figure their specific cause, in my case is the Aquasuite.

I'm happy that my problem is solve as far is windows not hanging while I'm entering sleep mode, but as far is Aquasuite and its services that I can't use I'm wondering if Aquacomputer and their Aquasuite developers can shine some light on this and maybe they are aware of this been issue already

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (17. Juni 2018, 18:47)

Dienstag, 19. Juni 2018, 11:46

The aquasuite 2018 should be available in about two weeks and will contain tons of bugfixes. I recommend to wait for its release and then test it again. Likely that your problem will be gone with the new version.

Dienstag, 19. Juni 2018, 16:15

Thanks.

RE: Aquasuite and specific services issues on x99

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018, 11:59

There is an issue related to Aquasuite and x99 platform. It took me over 15 months to link this issue to Aquasuite at least t in my case.

I've spent about 2 years trying to identify the cause of this same exact problem. And my troubleshooting has been almost identical. Now I read your post and a shiny ray of light has entered in my room. Thank you very much for sharing this.

I hope next Aquasuite build has this problem corrected.

RE: RE: Aquasuite and specific services issues on x99

Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018, 16:58

I've spent about 2 years trying to identify the cause of this same exact problem. And my troubleshooting has been almost identical. Now I read your post and a shiny ray of light has entered in my room. Thank you very much for sharing this.

I hope next Aquasuite build has this problem corrected.

Yes, I have spent 15 long months of frustration trying to figure out what on earth causing this, at one point I started to really hate x99 platform. My system is beyond average and for me to take things apart it's a whole day of work.

Got to the point that I took my whole system apart and went back to air cooling so I could remove and play around with all components without restrictions.

I am happy I finally found the issue, but the truth be told, in the process of this lengthily troubleshooting I think I got burned out and now I don't feel like putting things back together, I might just stay on air with this particular system and trust me, this was beauty workstation unfortunately I no longer see it the same way :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (20. Juni 2018, 17:02)

Freitag, 22. Juni 2018, 15:25

Sorry to hear you've lost "that loving feeling" for your rig. Take a breath and maybe it will return.

Freitag, 22. Juni 2018, 23:24

Simplifying the rig is the best way. Take somethings out, keep it all one loop, etc.

Samstag, 23. Juni 2018, 01:41

Sorry to hear you've lost "that loving feeling" for your rig. Take a breath and maybe it will return.

Simplifying the rig is the best way. Take somethings out, keep it all one loop, etc.

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement.

Maybe down the road I will put it all back together, as for now this once cool looking PC is on air, can't get more simpler than that, although I already miss that beast 8o :P

Thanks guys

CoAff

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2018, 19:43

The aquasuite 2018 should be available in about two weeks and will contain tons of bugfixes. I recommend to wait for its release and then test it again. Likely that your problem will be gone with the new version.

Ooh exciting! And nice new avatar too. :)

@Dundys, I may have said it once...but your rig is the epitome of what this hobby can aspire to; truly awesome.

Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2018, 13:59

Thanks CoAff, I appreciate your kind words.

When I was building that system I was very exited and motivated to build something that I really haven't seen yet and at the end of the day I did, I loved that build. Due to the nature of my purpose to have that PC I was running problems since the day one and while troubleshooting I was loosing my patients, maybe not at first, but after few months I was getting sick and tired of it.

At the end and we talking 15-16 months I said to myself...heck I'm done with water cooling not because of problem with watercooling gear, I always chose the best when comes to fittings, pumps and everything else, although there is no guarantee you wont have issues even with high-end components, but there is less chance of say...BItspower fitting to leak than say, something like Barrow I guess. I stripped my system and sold most of my WC components (most Bitspower fittings, ton of them, radiators, pumps including Tops (BItspower) and went back to air.

I got Noctua NH-D15Sfor my 6950X and I have to say, that thing is darn good, its pretty much on pair with my custom loop as far is temperature, unbelievable, but the GPU's are a different story.

The day when I decided to sell my WC components I ordered Caselabs S8S, its small case but beautifully layout, it can easily fit E-ATX or SSI-EEB and since all my M/B are E-ATX that was great choice. Now going from STH10 with pedestal to this, that is huge difference, its simple and easy access to everything.

Its been about 8 weeks now since I stripped my Big Boy and I love my S8S case, that little thing cost me $900, yes its steep, but I own few CL cases and there is more to them then just pretty label "Caslabs", heck, few years ago I paid $1600 for my STH10 with pedestal so I'm familiar with the high prices, but every CL case is for life, they are darn solid as can be.

The problem is that the WC components that I sold, if I want to purchase them again, they will cost close to $3K, I was dumb for selling them, that's what happens when you act on impulse :cursing: :P mostly fittings, pumps and Pump Top's and radiators, yes that was expensive but that's why we here, enthusiasts place, no limits :D :D :D

I have my new S8S and I'm pretty happy for now, but I will slowly get everything back that I sold and maybe in few months rebuild my baby as I'm actually missing more each day passes. Thanks guys

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 11 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (28. Juni 2018, 14:05)

Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2018, 21:22

Is there going to be Linux support in 2018? While there are open sources solutions the maintenance is questionable, and I don't want to risk breaking the controller in order to get everything supported.

Montag, 2. Juli 2018, 18:22

Well guys!!! I'm slowly getting new components in place, definitely mot cheep. So far it came to $2800, that's only WC parts, but that's what I darrnnn sold it. :cursing: :) I still have all my 7x PA3 Ultra with Bezels, 2x Aquaero's 6XT and 1 High USB flow meter but the fittings and GPU's waterblocs are hefty price.
Some good things this came out of this is I got new Caselabs case which I will use it for something....I guess and now I know my hardware wasn't at fault. :P

Montag, 2. Juli 2018, 18:34

We dont support linux not, 2018, not 2019.
We have not enough man power to support 1% userbase with 10% man power.

Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2018, 15:34

Unfortunately, this Aquasuite didn't fixed the issues with Memory and Mainboard services, it hang again... darn it...
It make sense. While system goes to sleep it enters low power state, keeping some info in Memory. There must be a conflict in Aquasuite and related services, as soon as you stop them and deselect from running with aquasuite problem is gone :cursing:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (5. Juli 2018, 15:43)

jura11

Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2018, 22:34

Hi there

I'm on X99 right now for about 2-3 years and never have issues with X99 or anything like you are describing, there has been few issues with few boards which I used or built for friends

My board is ASRock X99 Extreme6,5960X with 4.5Ghz OC, 96GB RAM and 3*GPUs(GTX1080Ti and GTX1080 and third GTX1080),3*1TB SSD, 7*4TB HDD,PC is running 24/7, previously have issues with boot and PC hanged on Windows boot up screen during the reboot as I'm running 10*SATA or HDD hasn't been recognised but this I sorted by adding bit more voltage on PCH/DMI PLL where I running now 1.075v I think stock voltage has been 1.05v and no issues with rebooting the PC etc

If you want to stick for bit longer on X99 I can highly recommend ASRock motherboard

I built recently for friend of mine 5930k and we are used Asus Rampage V Extreme and we are went via few issues like fans has run at full speed during the boot up and we are run Aquaero 6 Pro then tried my 6XT but still fans has run like crazy at boot up, then he couldn't boot with more than 2*GPUs which we are sorted later on, then RAM issues with 64GB and more we couldn't boot up at all, at the end we are replaced Rampage V Extreme for ASRock Extreme 11 and friend is running now 6*GPUs without the single issue and running 128GB RAM etc

On my ASRock never run to issues with USB or sleeping etc, yes on my board Intel LAN i218-v doesn't work as I think failed, but second one works well

Wish I could help you with yours issues but I think in yours case is more related to motherboard more than anything else

Assume you are on Win10 or Win7?

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Donnerstag, 5. Juli 2018, 23:02

Hi there

I'm on X99 right now for about 2-3 years and never have issues with X99 or anything like you are describing, there has been few issues with few boards which I used or built for friends

My board is ASRock X99 Extreme6,5960X with 4.5Ghz OC, 96GB RAM and 3*GPUs(GTX1080Ti and GTX1080 and third GTX1080),3*1TB SSD, 7*4TB HDD,PC is running 24/7, previously have issues with boot and PC hanged on Windows boot up screen during the reboot as I'm running 10*SATA or HDD hasn't been recognised but this I sorted by adding bit more voltage on PCH/DMI PLL where I running now 1.075v I think stock voltage has been 1.05v and no issues with rebooting the PC etc

If you want to stick for bit longer on X99 I can highly recommend ASRock motherboard

I built recently for friend of mine 5930k and we are used Asus Rampage V Extreme and we are went via few issues like fans has run at full speed during the boot up and we are run Aquaero 6 Pro then tried my 6XT but still fans has run like crazy at boot up, then he couldn't boot with more than 2*GPUs which we are sorted later on, then RAM issues with 64GB and more we couldn't boot up at all, at the end we are replaced Rampage V Extreme for ASRock Extreme 11 and friend is running now 6*GPUs without the single issue and running 128GB RAM etc

On my ASRock never run to issues with USB or sleeping etc, yes on my board Intel LAN i218-v doesn't work as I think failed, but second one works well

Wish I could help you with yours issues but I think in yours case is more related to motherboard more than anything else

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Thanks Jura.

I'm on windows 7 x64, my board is unique, although it's not unknowing to people who need this particular model.

You haven't mentioned if you punting your PC to sleep nightly for say.. 3-5 days on a row without rebooting or longer or every once in a while. ASRock is not my first choice, I guess its matter of preference and needs. I've been Asus fan boy for over 2 decades and never ever had issues, unfortunately this time Aquasuite and Memory and Mainboard services not playing well with this board.

But you also hear person in this thread had identical issue, so it's defiantly relation to aquasuite issue.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (5. Juli 2018, 23:09)

jura11

Freitag, 6. Juli 2018, 00:28

Hi there

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Thanks Jura.

I'm on windows 7 x64, my board is unique, although it's not unknowing to people who need this particular model.

You haven't mentioned if you punting your PC to sleep nightly for say.. 3-5 days on a row without rebooting or longer or every once in a while. ASRock is not my first choice, I guess its matter of preference and needs. I've been Asus fan boy for over 2 decades and never ever had issues, unfortunately this time Aquasuite and Memory and Mainboard services not playing well with this board.

But you also hear person in this thread had identical issue, so it's defiantly relation to aquasuite issue.
Hi there

Did you tried Win10 just to check if this sort these issues although I don't think this would sort

Yes I'm putting my PC to sleep during the nights, I reboot my PC really occasionally, probably once per week or 2 weeks as max I do reboot my PC

I have previously have used only Asus boards without the issues but X99 Asus boards are known to kill CPUs and friend Asus Rampage V Extreme killed his 5960x and then 5930k...

I know ASRock doesn't have best name in community but went with ASRock without the knowing how good will be but to my surprise I'm very satisfied and happy there

Have look on ASRock X99 WS-E/ 10G or Extreme11, these boards I have used on few 6* or 7* GPUs builds, all PC are used for rendering etc

If its Aquasuite issue in yours case hard to say but how you described this looks like it there, did you tried turn off monitors physically without the putting PC to sleep

Although I have issues my with Aquasuite as well, mainly when I want to read logs, sometimes Aquasuite just hangs but this is just minor thing, didn't tried new Aquasuite

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Freitag, 6. Juli 2018, 01:13

Hi there

Yes I have tried windows 10 months ago, just to give a shot and to figure out whether this might be windows 7 and this M/B bug and It worked , but I only tried for few days and who knows maybe that was fluke.. But now when I turn these specific services off, which btw. are related to sleep mode as windows stores session in RAM during sleep mode and once M/B and RAM service is off, which I also don't need to be running, the problem is gone.

I don't doubt that ASRock is a good M/B, many people including my nephew like them, I've heard good things about them but again, its not something I would consider really. ASRock doesn't have good server boards with enough passive cooling to handle either multi GPUs at their full speeds or other add on cards without suffering heatstroke.

My nephew likes his ASRock , but he uses mainly for games, nothing big and the PCH gets so hot, it can get up to 70C which is still OK but if you put multi GPUs and get them going at full speed for full 2-3 days, that board will fry.

There are days I would use my 3 power hungry Titans Black and crunch numbers or decrypt passw. with forensic software that takes full advantage of multi GPU cuda power and CPU simultaneously for 3-4 days straight and no issues PCH never gets above 58C and this board have line extenders so it uses all lines at full speed.I don't think ASRock would be up to the task of doing that, that's why I want

M/B that can handle brutal use.
Thanks jura

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 10 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (6. Juli 2018, 01:22)

jura11

Freitag, 6. Juli 2018, 18:15

Hi there

If you have spare SSD,then install the Win10 and try again,I switched to Win10 although I didn't wanted but I switched,been on Win7 for quite long and no issues...I have never run to such issues on my build with Aquasuite there,regarding the AQ services,not sure if you need that run,as I'm running them and no issues,tried without AQ services for few days and no issues at all

My PCH temperatures during the rendering are in 48C as max and that's after 6 hour rendering with 3*GPUs,tried few days back to mining on my GPUs and my PCH too has been in low to mid 50's that's in 28-30C ambient temperatures,friend of mine using ASRock X99 WS-E/ 10G where he have 7*GTX1080Ti,his PC is used for rendering and his PCH temperatures are similar to mine,he is using his PC for rendering and mining,we are build his PC for such needs,he is running same CPU like me and 4*360mm radiators with 2*MO-ra3 420mm and his temperatures are pretty much same as mine in rendering 36-38C and in mining temperatures are about in 40-42C or 42-45C this is very dependent on ambient temperatures

Here is screenshot of temperatures during the latest rendering session after 6 hours

Not sure where are you heard that about the ASRock,I use for multi GPU only ASRock X99 motherbaords and nothing else I would touch,went through 3 ASUS X99-E-10G WS same boards like you are currently running,I couldn't run on this board more than 4*GPUs without the BSOD,tried like enabling "Above 4G Decoding" which is recommended to run with multi GPUs,which did't work then different CPUs and GPUs,we are bought 3 boards for 3 builds at the end all went back and we are using only ASRock boards at moment,similar applies for our company where we are working there we are running only ASRock boards

ASRock server boards are my favourites,I have at home now Extreme 11 which I would be swapping on my build when my pump will be back(my EK DDC 3.2 PWM failed few days back due this my flow is low as it is),currently I'm very happy there

Trust me I have used only Asus boards previously like X58 or Z97 and X79 boards and loved them,never run to issues at all but X99 and Asus they never worked for me,our company same bought 7 Asus X99 boards which 4 of them killed CPUs,on other 3 are still running,but these we are keeping only as backup

Which one ASRock have yours nephew because these temperatures are bit high there for PCH,my PCH never go beyond 60C which I never seen,that's in mining or rendering in quite hot ambient as right now in UK we are have heatwave which is hard without the A/C

I use my PC daily for rendering and if my PCH or VRM temperatures has been in 70's then I would be worried,but these temperatures I have never seen and hope so I will never seen

If you are happy with the board this is counts more than anything else due this I would never switch to Asus as i'm happy with my X99 ASRock

Hope you will sort these teething issues :thumbup:

Thanks,Jura

Freitag, 6. Juli 2018, 19:36

Hi there

If you have spare SSD,then install the Win10 and try again,I switched to Win10 although I didn't wanted but I switched,been on Win7 for quite long and no issues...I have never run to such issues on my build with Aquasuite there,regarding the AQ services,not sure if you need that run,as I'm running them and no issues,tried without AQ services for few days and no issues at all

My PCH temperatures during the rendering are in 48C as max and that's after 6 hour rendering with 3*GPUs,tried few days back to mining on my GPUs and my PCH too has been in low to mid 50's that's in 28-30C ambient temperatures,friend of mine using ASRock X99 WS-E/ 10G where he have 7*GTX1080Ti,his PC is used for rendering and his PCH temperatures are similar to mine,he is using his PC for rendering and mining,we are build his PC for such needs,he is running same CPU like me and 4*360mm radiators with 2*MO-ra3 420mm and his temperatures are pretty much same as mine in rendering 36-38C and in mining temperatures are about in 40-42C or 42-45C this is very dependent on ambient temperatures

Here is screenshot of temperatures during the latest rendering session after 6 hours

Not sure where are you heard that about the ASRock,I use for multi GPU only ASRock X99 motherbaords and nothing else I would touch,went through 3 ASUS X99-E-10G WS same boards like you are currently running,I couldn't run on this board more than 4*GPUs without the BSOD,tried like enabling "Above 4G Decoding" which is recommended to run with multi GPUs,which did't work then different CPUs and GPUs,we are bought 3 boards for 3 builds at the end all went back and we are using only ASRock boards at moment,similar applies for our company where we are working there we are running only ASRock boards

ASRock server boards are my favourites,I have at home now Extreme 11 which I would be swapping on my build when my pump will be back(my EK DDC 3.2 PWM failed few days back due this my flow is low as it is),currently I'm very happy there

Trust me I have used only Asus boards previously like X58 or Z97 and X79 boards and loved them,never run to issues at all but X99 and Asus they never worked for me,our company same bought 7 Asus X99 boards which 4 of them killed CPUs,on other 3 are still running,but these we are keeping only as backup

Which one ASRock have yours nephew because these temperatures are bit high there for PCH,my PCH never go beyond 60C which I never seen,that's in mining or rendering in quite hot ambient as right now in UK we are have heatwave which is hard without the A/C

I use my PC daily for rendering and if my PCH or VRM temperatures has been in 70's then I would be worried,but these temperatures I have never seen and hope so I will never seen

If you are happy with the board this is counts more than anything else due this I would never switch to Asus as i'm happy with my X99 ASRock

Hope you will sort these teething issues :thumbup:

Thanks,Jura

Hey,

Let me clarify ....the issue I'm having is purely Aquasuite and this M/B related. There is some sort of conflict with the Aquasuite services and this board, once I turn the specific services off, issue is gone.

I won't bother with windows 10...hate it with passion, to long of a list why. I will use my Win 7 pro for as long as I can, than I might go different path, but Win 10 is out of the question.

Whether that would make any difference on Win 10..possibly,still, it doesn't matter now, Its working now on my Win 7 with these services off.

As far is ASRock motherboards....like I mentioned, it's a matter of preference, it's like with cars..so many people like FORD even thou they don't call FORD "Fix On Road Daily" for no reason, yet many people still like them and I wouldn't even consider if they gave me Ford for half price, its personal preference.
Maybe ASRock is a very good board but I would not consider, just wouldn't.