• 17.04.2024, 01:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Ganelon

[SOLVED] Aquacomputer Service not installed and will not install [SOLVED]

Sonntag, 29. Juli 2018, 04:49

Hi,
I'm using Aquasuite with my Cuplex Kryos VISION plugged into the internal USB. The only display options I have are CPU temperature, and flow rate. I want to add things like GPU temp and fan speed, but cannot figure out how.
Also, the CPU temp reported by Aquasuite is just plain wrong. When it's under load and all other monitoring software is reporting 55-70 degrees depending on the core/package, the VISION readout never says more than 32 degrees.

How do I change the source of the information? I'm using the latest version of Aquasuite; I only downloaded it yesterday.

Edit:
Looks like the service is not running:

But clicking the "start service" button does nothing. I can't find the service in task manager either.
And yes I did start Aquasuite as an administrator.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Ganelon« (29. Juli 2018, 21:44)

Ganelon

Sonntag, 29. Juli 2018, 05:26

I tried to install the service manually, and this is what happened:

Quellcode

C:\Program Files\aquasuite>C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\installutil.exe AquaComputerService.exe
Microsoft (R) .NET Framework Installation utility Version 4.7.3056.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Running a transacted installation.

Beginning the Install phase of the installation.
See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.InstallLog.
Installing assembly 'C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe
   logfile = C:\Users\Corwin\AppData\Local\Temp\AquaComputerService.InstallLog
An exception occurred while trying to find the installers in the C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe assembly.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Aborting installation for C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe.

An exception occurred during the Install phase.
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to get installer types in the C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe assembly.
The inner exception System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException was thrown with the following error message: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information..

The Rollback phase of the installation is beginning.
See the contents of the log file for the C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe assembly's progress.
The file is located at C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.InstallLog.
Rolling back assembly 'C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
   logtoconsole =
   assemblypath = C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe
   logfile = C:\Users\Corwin\AppData\Local\Temp\AquaComputerService.InstallLog
An exception occurred while trying to find the installers in the C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe assembly.
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
Aborting installation for C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe.
An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the System.Configuration.Install.AssemblyInstaller installer.
System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to get installer types in the C:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe assembly.
The inner exception System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException was thrown with the following error message: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information..
An exception occurred during the Rollback phase of the installation. This exception will be ignored and the rollback will continue. However, the machine might not fully revert to its initial state after the rollback is complete.

The Rollback phase completed successfully.

The transacted install has completed.
The installation failed, and the rollback has been performed.

So the service isn't installed, but Aquasuite seems to think it is. I did a full uninstall/reinstall and the problem persists.

Ganelon

Sonntag, 29. Juli 2018, 05:32

My services window, you can see it's not there:

Sonntag, 29. Juli 2018, 14:23

It has been covered here:

Quellcode

https://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-foren/english-forum/108442-new-aquasuite-2018/?

This Aquasuite has issues. I'm sure soon enough there will be new version to addressed this :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (29. Juli 2018, 14:25)

Ganelon

Sonntag, 29. Juli 2018, 21:43

I found a workaround. Service is now working.

Montag, 30. Juli 2018, 14:58

Were you able to narrow the problem down? What did you do to make it work? We cannot reproduce the error at this time.

Ganelon

Montag, 30. Juli 2018, 15:01

Were you able to narrow the problem down? What did you do to make it work? We cannot reproduce the error at this time.

I re-installed Aquasuite again, and then ran the following in windows command prompt as an admin:

Quellcode

sc create AquaComputerService start= auto binPath="c:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe"

It's consistently working, however; Aquasuite still alerts me that the service is not running (it is).

Ganelon

Montag, 30. Juli 2018, 19:25

I re-installed Aquasuite again, and then ran the following in windows command prompt as an admin:

Quellcode

sc create AquaComputerService start= auto binPath="c:\Program Files\aquasuite\AquaComputerService.exe"

It's consistently working, however; Aquasuite still alerts me that the service is not running (it is).
Call me crazy, but it might be effective to put out a hotfit where pressing the "run service" button just runs that command in windows cmd.

Montag, 30. Juli 2018, 19:52

Quellcode

Call me crazy, but it might be effective to put out a hotfit where pressing the "run service" button just runs that command in windows cmd.
This quick temp. trick fix is not the way to go, Aquasuite needs to be fixed properly by AQ :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (30. Juli 2018, 20:23)

Ganelon

Dienstag, 31. Juli 2018, 14:45

This quick temp. trick fix is not the way to go, Aquasuite needs to be fixed properly by AQ :)

Well of course; but in the meantime it looks like a lot of people are experiencing this issue and there's no telling how long it will take them to roll out the fixed version. At the moment they can't even reproduce the issue. As kludgy as the fix is, it seems to work fine, so I don't see an issue with using it as a built-in hotfix so people don't have to find this thread themselves.

Dienstag, 31. Juli 2018, 15:08

Well of course; but in the meantime it looks like a lot of people are experiencing this issue and there's no telling how long it will take them to roll out the fixed version. At the moment they can't even reproduce the issue. As kludgy as the fix is, it seems to work fine, so I don't see an issue with using it as a built-in hotfix so people don't have to find this thread themselves.

I didn't mean to belittle your suggestion on quick fix, if I came across that way my apology.

I've seen the response from sebastian that they cannot reproduce the error, I'm a little puzzled, is he referring to error you got through your log that you posted, not clear. Not only myself but few others and obviously yourself
have the same issue so it's not only reproducible but obviously the issue is there, so hopefully AQ get on board and get to it :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (31. Juli 2018, 15:09)