• 16.04.2024, 20:50
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Sad Day for PC Enthusiasts

Samstag, 11. August 2018, 16:58

Quellcode

https://www.overclock.net/forum/380-case-labs/1705596-official-caselabs-will-closing-down.html

;( ;(
»Dundys« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • images.jpg (14,04 kB - 199 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 22. Dezember 2023, 07:58)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (11. August 2018, 17:01)

Samstag, 11. August 2018, 18:52

Yes, sad indeed. I currently am using a Mercury S-8 with Pedestal.
I started to suspect something was up with the sales being offered recently.

Samstag, 11. August 2018, 19:51

S8!! beautiful case, will last you life time. I just got S8S for my son after waiting over 3 months, unfortunately there are some damaged parts so I cannot even put it together, hopefully I can still get replacement, even if I have to pay for shipping and the parts themselves, without them its waist.

I have been using caselabs cases whey back since the first SMH10. Yesterday when I heard that I felt very strange as if I lost someone close to me, but just like you, I felt already months ago that something serious was going on, just my gut feeling, I wont peculate what I think, its not my place, I'm just sad for everyone involved ;(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (11. August 2018, 19:52)

Samstag, 11. August 2018, 20:45

I know some might disagree with what I'm about to say so bare with me and respect my opinion.

Yes, I feel it's sad as I dreamed of a massive case from them, down the road but I don't feel bad about is, the CEO copping out and blaming this admin for the 'tariffs' which btw, don't kick in right away in most cases and they obviously were in dire straits prior to these tariffs being officially implemented or even thought about.

I remember his Facebook rant a while back against our current President when he was a candidate in the race for POTUS as he was for the scandalous opposition but you know what, to each their own. I can go on and on about politics as I have been for years but I feel that he had no place to interject politics into his company for one, let alone insult those who voted for the person he despised. He did upset some customers who let their voices be heard. I don't know if that FB post is still up but regardless, he personally drove his company to the ground. No one else is to blame. To see him shift blame elsewhere is a sham. He screwed up, most likely putting too many eggs in one basket, a major account that defaulted as he admits, than manning up and just admitting, they ran into financial dire straits than pointing fingers and looking for a copout. Lost much respect from them as soon as he made a political post on FB on that day while I wholeheartedly disagreed with him but still believed he made a great product.

I'm not an expert in running a company and I hope no one takes it as I'm trying to be a know it all but I'm just stating the obvious. The prime example of the copout on their part is, look at the other case companies with no issues afaik. Mountainmods is still around let alone your typical mainstream case companies like Corsair, NZXT, and the likes, etc. The problem with caselabs is, they're a niche company and we're riding on the line for far too long. I think they got big very fast and didn't adjust. They should have made mainstream cases for cheaper to gain some more margins and have a safety net in place in case a storm comes roaring through.

Again, I'm no expert but that's just my take on things.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (11. August 2018, 20:51)

Sonntag, 12. August 2018, 00:00

I know some might disagree with what I'm about to say so bare with me and respect my opinion.

Yes, I feel it's sad as I dreamed of a massive case from them, down the road but I don't feel bad about is, the CEO copping out and blaming this admin for the 'tariffs' which btw, don't kick in right away in most cases and they obviously were in dire straits prior to these tariffs being officially implemented or even thought about.

I remember his Facebook rant a while back against our current President when he was a candidate in the race for POTUS as he was for the scandalous opposition but you know what, to each their own. I can go on and on about politics as I have been for years but I feel that he had no place to interject politics into his company for one, let alone insult those who voted for the person he despised. He did upset some customers who let their voices be heard. I don't know if that FB post is still up but regardless, he personally drove his company to the ground. No one else is to blame. To see him shift blame elsewhere is a sham. He screwed up, most likely putting too many eggs in one basket, a major account that defaulted as he admits, than manning up and just admitting, they ran into financial dire straits than pointing fingers and looking for a copout. Lost much respect from them as soon as he made a political post on FB on that day while I wholeheartedly disagreed with him but still believed he made a great product.

I'm not an expert in running a company and I hope no one takes it as I'm trying to be a know it all but I'm just stating the obvious. The prime example of the copout on their part is, look at the other case companies with no issues afaik. Mountainmods is still around let alone your typical mainstream case companies like Corsair, NZXT, and the likes, etc. The problem with caselabs is, they're a niche company and we're riding on the line for far too long. I think they got big very fast and didn't adjust. They should have made mainstream cases for cheaper to gain some more margins and have a safety net in place in case a storm comes roaring through.

Again, I'm no expert but that's just my take on things.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I've been Caselabs customer for a long time to know that this is not the first time they have been heaving backlog issues, although this is obviously quite different scenario.

You are very right about some of the things, and it's human nature to always look for escape goat, although I can only Imagine how someone might feel in a situation when they losing their business.

Still.... my heart truly goes out to Caselabs family and I hope their next move and chapter in life will make them forget this loss and will allow them to move forward with new endeavors.

God bless you Caselabs ;( :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (12. August 2018, 00:01)

Sonntag, 12. August 2018, 01:42

Even worse is, paying a ridiculous premium and now leaving everyone in the dark. No more support, warranties, replacement parts, etc.

Sonntag, 12. August 2018, 02:10

Even worse is, paying a ridiculous premium and now leaving everyone in the dark. No more support, warranties, replacement parts, etc.

Actually, I have to give then a big Kudos. Even thou they are in crisis, so technically they could simply ignore anyone, I have just received S8S for my 15 year old son's birthday with damaged parts and after emailing them, they are sending me replacement, they have always been great support to me,but I'm speaking only as individual, I love Caselabs and if you really ask me I would easily pay double for what they want,not only because of the highest quality product, but because of the support ;( ;( ;( Keep in mind its only mine perspective and opinion, but that applies to any brand product,you treat me right and I will be there fro good to support you :)
»Dundys« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (12. August 2018, 02:52)

Sonntag, 12. August 2018, 03:43

I would feel the same way if anything happen to Aquacomputer. Sven and the AQ team, they have been good to me, I think they have been good to all of us, you have to appreciate what you have and take each day as a blessing, its privilege to be part of this community and to be able to talk to people like you for example....

Bless all of you.

Sonntag, 12. August 2018, 19:35

I’d be curious to how Mountain Mods are faring.

I was on the fence between the two companies, and ended up with MM, but always liked case labs as a potential new idea.

Oh well...

One drops, another one will come around.

Montag, 13. August 2018, 02:02

I’d be curious to how Mountain Mods are faring.

I was on the fence between the two companies, and ended up with MM, but always liked case labs as a potential new idea.

Oh well...

;(

Zitat

That is going to be nearly if absolutely impossible. I have had many cases in my time including MM and at the moment I have 3 of CL cases, there is really no comparing, starting from hardened screw threads to extremely rigid frame, the portability and outstanding quality is absolutely unmatched.

We lost the best case maker there was and I'm sure there will be no substitute, I will never sell my cases, they are staying with me for life. ;(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (13. August 2018, 02:05)