• 16.04.2024, 12:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aqualis/pump mating face confusion?

Samstag, 18. August 2018, 19:37

Looking at an old 4 years ago thread by Shizbazki, I can see I might be over thinking what might never happen but don't want to order the wrong thing.
I have the same reservoir but with an 880ml tube and need to buy a pump base. The base on the tube has a semicircle with a channel cut out to the 'outside' as in the images.
Slat-smallWeb.jpg
but the pump top he showed as being the right one for this reservoir for the base has a flat face.~
Slat-noneWeb.jpg
My question is, what on earth stops the water flowing out through the channel straight into the interior flooding the PC?
I have been known to be thick over quite a lot of things and stand to be laughed at.
Can anyone dry their eyes long enough to explain where or what is the 'bleedin' obvious'?
as I just cannot get my head around it and nowhere on the web can I find the answer and hate having to send back the wrong order to Germany.
Regards

Montag, 20. August 2018, 11:19

The opening towards the edge mus be closed with a sealing screw of course. This port can only be used if you run the adapter without a reservoir.

Montag, 20. August 2018, 13:16

Hi Shoggy, Thanks for the reply. I should have included the image of my reservoir complete ~
ResPlusBaseWeb.jpg
It is like this only an 880ml version.
The crescent has holes straight into the tube (I know you know all this but i'm trying to be clear), so where does the blanking screw go as the square opening isn't threaded?
I haven't seen a pic of the rest of the base, I have yet to buy, mates up to see how this is possible.
I get it that the pump base seals off the outlet, but how?
Regards.

Montag, 20. August 2018, 13:54

This should make it clearer:

I am talking about the sealing cap on the left side of the pump adapter.

Montag, 20. August 2018, 15:41

Hi Shoggy, Yes but, yes but, mine doesn't look like that.
Your image is very clear and makes sense with the in/out ports and a blank crescent that mine does not have as shown here
CrescentHolesOutWeb.jpg
The holes in the crescent I have go straight into the reservoir tube so what can stop the water flowing out when there are a series of holes in the base around the crescent?
CrescentHolesInsWeb.jpg
What kind of base do I need to connect a pump, the ones offered cannot block the square channel to my mind.
What or why is mine so different? I know I might be making more of this than it is, but I just don't get it. Regards.

Montag, 20. August 2018, 16:05

I still don't get what you are worrying about. Maybe you can mark it in the photo or do a simple drawing etc.

Montag, 20. August 2018, 17:19

Thanks for your persistence.
If you look at the base on my tube, the crescent (as I call it) has holes through to the inside of the tube that yours does not have.
CrescentHolesOutWeb.jpg
I have done my best in Photoshop to show the red circles are where my base has holes; three either side of the square outlet.
aqualis_verbinder_3-copy.jpg
I have added cyan polygons where you have in/out ports blanked off.
My base has no in/out ports at either end within the crescent cut out, so nothing to blank off.
Is it me or is there anyone else out there that can see what I mean?
Without the blanking screws, what is to stop the water flooding out of the holes?
My brain hurts.
Regards.

Mark73

Montag, 20. August 2018, 18:14

If you follow those holes they should have on the other side a half-moon shaped perspex with a gasket underneath. I believe they are channels to enable you to use 5mm LEDs to illuminate the inside of the reservoir.

If you take something small (like a toothpick) it should not go all the way through into the reservoir. If it does the perspex bit is missing and you might need to get in contact with support.

Dienstag, 21. August 2018, 09:12

Like Mark73 said: these are openings for 5mm LEDs and the acrylic glass inserts are sealed with a gasket of course.

Mittwoch, 22. August 2018, 12:15

Ahhh! I see the (LED) light at last... quite right, I toothpicked it as suggested and now realise the holes are blocked off but the Perspex it is so clear I hadn't noticed. Duh!!

So Pump Base #41096 DDC is the one to get although it doesn't list the #34074 reservoir that I have, it obviously will fit.
Pump base DCC.JPG. (I don't know how to add the image to show in the text).
Thanks for sticking with it Shoggy and Mark73 (nearly my age), much appreciated.
I can go ahead now and rip the heart out of this PC with a new Motherboard/Processor/CPU block etc.
This Forum is how most of the others should be run.
Regards.