• 20.04.2024, 04:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Question regarding upcoming build

Mittwoch, 22. August 2018, 21:26

Hello!

I have a very basic understanding of the Aquaero family of products. I am currently using an Aquaero 6 XT with a Swiftech D5 (powered via molex and controlled via mobo) and an AQ-53068 flow sensor. Eight fans are being controlled via the four fan headers on the Aquaero.

Here's the issue:

I will be upgrading to a dual loop soon, and I have a bit of confusion regarding how to set all of this up.

A) I will be using three Splitty9's for control of 1) Six CPU rad fans, 2) Six GPU rad fans, and 3) Seven case fans. I will simply use three of the four fan headers on the Aquaero for these. I am confused regarding setting these Splitty9's up in Aquabus mode vs. using them as a normal PWM hub. Does using AQ mode enable individual control of each fan on the Splitty9? I do not need individual control -- more of a technical inquiry. I control my fans via the temp sensors (ambient delta vs. coolant temp).

B) What will be the best way to hook up the D5's? Should I just continue to run these from my mobo? I don't really change the speed of my pumps once I get them dialed in.

C) How the heck do I hook up two individual flow sensors? Can I simply split the "flow" header on the Aquaero? I cannot remember if these connect via Aquabus -- pretty sure they are only connected via the "flow" header.

D) Finally, I will be using a Farbwerk for lighting control. I see that it also has two "bus" headers -- I assume these are Aquabus headers? If the flow sensors in C (above) do not use Aquabus, do I just connect the Farbwerk via the single Aquabus header on the Aquaero?

For reference, my loop will be Reservoir --> Pump --> Flow Sensor --> Radiator --> Drain --> CPU/GPU --> Reservoir

Thanks in advance -- I know this is a lot :)

Donnerstag, 23. August 2018, 18:43

A) The splitty9s have two possible, but mutually exclusive functions
function 1: aquabus spiller used for multiple aquabus connections - all 4 pins are continues from the input to all outputs
function 2: fan splitter used for multiple fan control from 1 source - ONE output port (marked) has the fan speed reporting pin continues to the input port - all other fan speed pins are discontinues.

B) somewhat depends on how you control the pumps, voltage or PWM - PWM may have communication issues with the aquaero - if the mobo works, may be safest to use it.

C) NO, you cannot split the flows sensors to one flow port - but a recent aquaero firmware update has changed the old LOW aquabus to a 2nd flow port.

D) I am not familiar with the farbwerk, hopefully someone else will jump in on that.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (23. August 2018, 18:44)

Donnerstag, 23. August 2018, 19:14

Oh man, having that unused "LOW" header actually have some functionality is freakin awesome! Thank you so much for the detailed reply.

A) I will just end up using the Splittys as PWM hubs since I will be using identical fans for each (no variance with RPM).

B) My pump is PWM, but it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I'll just continue to use the mobo for my current and upcoming second pump.

C) Awesome -- thanks for facilitating this, Aquacomputer! EDIT: I am on Firmware 2011 -- am I up-to-date?

D) No worries -- I assume I can just connect this via the Aquabus. I am holding the Farbwerk right now, and it looks fairly straightforward.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bakedbeans6« (23. August 2018, 19:23)

Donnerstag, 23. August 2018, 23:39

EDIT: I am on Firmware 2011 -- am I up-to-date?

I believe you may be behind the times... I show version 2100 as being current.
aquasuite automatically checks for updates to the firmware (a function that will hopefully be implemented for the aquasuite itself)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (23. August 2018, 23:41)

Freitag, 24. August 2018, 00:00

Nope, I'm running 2011 and it also says "The firmware of the device is up to date."

Maybe because I have an Aquaero 6 Pro (I mistakenly stated I had an Aquaero 6 XT above)?

I have tried to update the firmware twice through Aquasuite, and it remains on 2011.
»bakedbeans6« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • Clipboard02.jpg (41,25 kB - 98 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 21. Februar 2024, 08:56)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bakedbeans6« (24. August 2018, 00:04)

Freitag, 24. August 2018, 01:54

Nope, I'm running 2011 and it also says "The firmware of the device is up to date."

Maybe because I have an Aquaero 6 Pro (I mistakenly stated I had an Aquaero 6 XT above)?

I have tried to update the firmware twice through Aquasuite, and it remains on 2011.

What version of Aquasuite are you running? I believe you're on 2017 while we're on 2018 as I also have the 2100 firmware version because I upgraded to 2018.

In most cases, when you update to the newest annual software suite, it will need us to update our firmware. Usually because of new features and or hardware that can all be part of the AQ system.

Just make sure you save everything prior and follow the instructions on keeping your existing settings, etc.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (24. August 2018, 01:56)

Freitag, 24. August 2018, 08:48

This message means your specific combination of aquasuite and the required firmware for the aquasuite version that you use and not the firmware version in general.

Freitag, 24. August 2018, 14:44

OK, that makes sense. I am on Aquasuite 2017-3.2 -- I guess it's time to upgrade!

Thanks, Shoggy!

EDIT: Updated to Aquasuite 2018-6 and firmware 2100... OOOOH IT'S SO PRETTY 8o Thanks for all the help, everyone!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bakedbeans6« (24. August 2018, 15:09)