• 19.04.2024, 01:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MPS Flow 400, No Flow Reading

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 10:28

Hello All,

New comer here and new to the MPS Flow 400.

Long story short, I have the latest Aquasuite installed and I was prompted to update the device firmware which completed successfully. Everything seemed to be reading fine and I was getting a Temp reading, but I am not getting any information on my flow rate. I have changed my settings regarding flow rate to Litres per Min and Litres per Hour and vice versa but it did not make any difference to the flow reading as these sit firmly at 0.0. Even if I had installed the Flow Meter potentially the wrong way round, wouldn't I still get some sort of reading (Even if innacurate)?

Something worth noting, I also have the MPS 400 connected to my motherboards CPU Header and this actually reports a value of around 2700 RPM.

My Pump is currently operating at 3260RPM

Thanks in advance for your help.

P

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Panzerscope« (4. September 2018, 10:34)

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 10:55

Below the diagram you have an unscaled sensor value. What does it say?

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 11:43

Below the diagram you have an unscaled sensor value. What does it say?
Thanks for your reply. It is showing 0 for Unscaled. For clarity I have included screenshots of what I am seeing.

Aqua 2.jpg

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 11:49

I meant this one:

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 11:55

I meant this one:

[attach]6520[/attach]
Looks like my second attachment did not come through properly. However my ''Current Unscaled Value'' is 0

Thanks.

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 12:23

Was it working before? If so, what flow rate value did you get?

What kind of coolant do you use?

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 12:25

Was it working before? If so, what flow rate value did you get?

What kind of coolant do you use?
This is the first time I have ever used it, put in the loop yesterday. I am using Mayhems X1 Clear Premix (No Dyes Etc)

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 13:20

OK, that you get a value of 0 right from the start is quite strange. You can try the following: go to the system tab and select the high flow usb sensor (53129) as device. Close the aquasuite, start it again and select the correct device type now (53132). To be on the safe side you can close the aquasuite one more time and start it again.

If it still shows an unscaled value of 0 it is pretty safe to say there must be something wrong with this sensor. Unfortunately you will have to return it for a check.

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 13:54

OK, that you get a value of 0 right from the start is quite strange. You can try the following: go to the system tab and select the high flow usb sensor (53129) as device. Close the aquasuite, start it again and select the correct device type now (53132). To be on the safe side you can close the aquasuite one more time and start it again.

If it still shows an unscaled value of 0 it is pretty safe to say there must be something wrong with this sensor. Unfortunately you will have to return it for a check.
Thanks I will give that a go.

Quick question, do I have a high enough flow rate for the MPS 400 ? Im wondering if its not registering due to not being in range for the sensor.

I have a D5 pump vario set at 3. Reporting an RPM of 3260+. and a Heatkiller 200 Res with 10/16 tubing.

Cheers

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 14:22

Possible that the pump will not reach the lower 80 l/h limit in this case. You could easily set the pump to full speed for a quick test.

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 18:07

Possible that the pump will not reach the lower 80 l/h limit in this case. You could easily set the pump to full speed for a quick test.
So I tried your suggestion and tried max setting on my pump and nada, so I will return the flow meter for a replacement. Now I prefer to keep my pump at level 3 as it does not push bubbles round my loop. So I am wondering, do you think I should go with the MPS 200 or 100 maybe ?

Also as far as I know, the flow meter should pick up flow which ever way or line it is installed on right ?

Many thanks for your help.

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 19:50

Good news, I switched it around, rebooted and I had a flow rate of 272, but when I rebooted the software now shows nil again. So I know I now have it all the right way round which is good. However the software perhaps buggy ?

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 22:45

It's Shoggy's midnight, so I'll jump in here for a second.
The flow direction is clearly marked with in & out on the ports, and just getting data does not necessarily mean correct orientation.
That part of the software has been stable for several years, so I do not think a "bug" is the problem.
Since you had data after the swap, may I suggest you examine your cables for continuity or poor port connections.
If you have the USB connection connected to the motherboard, check if device manager sees it.

Dienstag, 4. September 2018, 23:28

I will try another cable to see if on the slim chance it is that. One thing I have just seen is that on Aquasuite I am getting Raw data from the sensor regarding pressure, but this does not seem to be converting to a flow rate ?

Mittwoch, 5. September 2018, 09:06

Maybe a problem with the automatic zero flow calibration. You could try to calibrate it manually. Go to the tab configuration and untick the automatic zero flow calibration. Remove power from the pump while the system is running (no problem as long as there is no load), wait a short moment to make sure that the water does not move anymore, click the button "set current flow as zero" and wait till the process is finished. Afterwards power up the pump again.

Mittwoch, 5. September 2018, 13:52

Maybe a problem with the automatic zero flow calibration. You could try to calibrate it manually. Go to the tab configuration and untick the automatic zero flow calibration. Remove power from the pump while the system is running (no problem as long as there is no load), wait a short moment to make sure that the water does not move anymore, click the button "set current flow as zero" and wait till the process is finished. Afterwards power up the pump again.
Hey, thanks for the advice, Tried that, 0 flow rate but do have an unscaled value of 14 now ?

Mittwoch, 5. September 2018, 14:55

Is this with pump set to full speed? If so this can not be right and we have to assume the sensor is faulty in some way.

Mittwoch, 5. September 2018, 15:56

Is this with pump set to full speed? If so this can not be right and we have to assume the sensor is faulty in some way.
No this is with the pump back at 3, I put it back otherwise I can get whirlpooling and bubbling in the res. I have ordered all three MPS sensors, 100,200 and 400. Once I get these I will see if my current re-calibrated sensor works when the pump is at full speed. If not then I will replace with the new MPS 400 and see if it reads at full speed and then down to pump speed 3. If it stops registering on pump speed 3 then I know I will have to drop down to the MPS 200 which I will also have in possession to try.

Hopefully I will get one sensor working as I need it to. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help so far, I will be sure to report back once I know.