• 18.04.2024, 04:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

skingun

Aquaero 6 XT squealing noise!

Dienstag, 11. September 2018, 08:26

My Aquaero 6 XT started making a noise that resembels coil wine and it's f@*&ing annoying. Here is a link to a video I made of the sound it makes:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x1uzecy7smk8w…Grn17CDqSa?dl=0

If i wiggle some of the cables that are plugged into the Aquaero the noise goes away but comes back of it's own accord completely randomly.

What could be causing this and how can I fix it? I am handy with a soldering iron.

Happy to send it in for testing if that's a possibility. I'm about to strip my system for a rebuild anyway.

Dienstag, 11. September 2018, 11:37

How old is this device?

At the moment I assume it is a problem with the buzzer of the device.

skingun

Dienstag, 11. September 2018, 15:38

Hi Shoggy!

I purchased it from Overclockers UK on 20 September 2016.

Did you watch the video? t sounds more like electrical interference to me than a buzzing noise.

Is there a way to disable the buzzer?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »skingun« (11. September 2018, 15:51)

Dienstag, 11. September 2018, 15:50

I recommend to remove the aquaero from the system and then to remove its display. You can easily pull it off when you remove the four screws at the front. You will then see the backside of the main controller board. In the lower left corner (close to the buzzer) you might find a little SMD resistor that was added in addition. If it is there you will notice it because there are no other parts nearby and you can also see that it was added afterwards. If you have this resistor, than please remove (unsolder) it.

There was a series of the main controller board were this resistor was added because otherwise the buzzer would not work correctly. In some rare cases the resistor made the buzzer slightly "whistle" all the time.

skingun

Dienstag, 11. September 2018, 15:52

Thank you for the swift reply. You might not have noticed but I updated the purchase date while you were posting.

Can you post a photo of the resistor?

Dienstag, 11. September 2018, 15:54

I have no photo myself but you can see a photo from another customer here.