• 16.04.2024, 16:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

RGBpx wiring Diagram

Samstag, 22. September 2018, 03:59

Hello,

I recently replaced my Corsair Commander Pro with your QUADRO unit. have some WS2818B 5 volt Addressable RGB light that I controlled with the Commander Pro.
Is there a wiring diagram for the RGBpx cable?
attached is a picture of the LEDs I am using.
»noryss« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • 20180126_192144.jpg (814,74 kB - 2 011 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 13. April 2024, 23:27)

Sonntag, 23. September 2018, 08:16

Found the Solution:

RGB works perfectly using an extension harness that I cut and probe with my DVOM. Soldered some new male and female connectors and it works like a champ! hope this helps someone.
»noryss« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Datanette

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2018, 10:19

Thanks for the information.
Did find out, that e.g. APA102 is not working with the Quadro. This means the 2nd conductor for "clocks CI" is not used.

male/female connector types

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2019, 17:31

Hi,

I see this is a very old post, but it ended with success.

Can someone write what the size/parts are for the male and female RGBpx connectors? Also the specific wire size/gauge? (I might have too thick of wire...)

I ordered some of the wrong size connectors in an effort to make my own, and would like to make the right choice next time... it is hard to guess based on holding it up to the monitor and looking at dozens of different very similar headers and plugs on sale.

Thanks!!

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2019, 20:23

If I need a 60 cm RGBpx cable, is it possible to daisy-chain a 50 cm & 10 cm cable in series, without a LED strip between?

Montag, 28. Januar 2019, 18:19

no, because these cables have at both ends female plugs.

Montag, 28. Januar 2019, 22:27

no, because these cables have at both ends female plugs.

OK, thank you. I have some ordered but have not seen them yet.
Seems a little male/male jumper would be a handy thing.

RE: male/female connector types

Dienstag, 5. Februar 2019, 04:07

Hi,

Can someone write what the size/parts are for the male and female RGBpx connectors? Also the specific wire size/gauge? (I might have too thick of wire...)

I ordered some of the wrong size connectors in an effort to make my own, and would like to make the right choice next time... it is hard to guess based on holding it up to the monitor and looking at dozens of different very similar headers and plugs on sale.

Thanks!!

I was directed to the Molex PicoBlade Connector System
Looks like they have the plugs and crimps to make your own
I need a 60 cm cable, and they just happen to have one, stock, off the shelf (Part Number: 15134-0406)
I ordered one, hope it's the right thing

RE: RE: male/female connector types

Freitag, 15. Februar 2019, 18:34

Hi,

Thanks!!

I need a 60 cm cable, and they just happen to have one, stock, off the shelf (Part Number: 15134-0406)
do yourself the favor a buy a splitty4. IT comes with the cable you need and more. Its not even worth buying the cable desperate cable.

Samstag, 12. November 2022, 16:13

Hello,

I recently replaced my Corsair Commander Pro with your QUADRO unit. have some WS2818B 5 volt Addressable RGB light that I controlled with the Commander Pro.
Is there a wiring diagram for the RGBpx cable?
attached is a picture of the LEDs I am using.

Zitat

Found the Solution:

RGB
works perfectly using an extension harness that I cut and probe with my
DVOM. Soldered some new male and female connectors and it works like a
champ! hope this helps someone.
Thank you for your solution.

I assume the white wire doesn't have any function in this case? I believe it doesn't since WS2812B / WS2818B LED is 3 pin and you got it to work.
I'm wondering what is it for :whistling: Maybe the need of the white wire usage depends on the LED strip used (e.g. for some signal converting)? I'm a bit confused since the RGBpx 32cm and 27,3cm strips looks to be different strips, however, both are compatible with Farbwerk/QUADRO/OCTO and there are 4 pins soldered onto the 32cm RGBpx strips which comes with the 4 pin connector, and 3 pins on the 27,3cm RGBpx strips aka WS2812/WS2818.

32cm https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3767
27cm https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3768

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »don_dolarson« (12. November 2022, 16:15)

RE: RE: male/female connector types

Samstag, 12. November 2022, 18:13

I recall that the Molex Picoblade pre-made cables have a different pinout than the RGBpx cables. The Molex pinout is (I think) reversed on one end relative to the other end while RGBpx is straight through pin to pin. There is a post somewhere on this forum about it. I downloaded a picture that the OP posted showing the difference but looking at it now I find it confusing but think it shows that the Molex pinout is inverted. I have attached the picture and an assembly detail from Molex that shows how their Picoblade cables are pinned. When yours arrives I would check it against an RGBpx cable with a continuity checker. The Molex document shows the inverted pinout which I circled in Red. It also shows the part numbers for the Molex Picoblade cables of various lengths. If the pinout is inverted verses RGBpx you would have to de-pin one end then re-pin it with the RGBpx pin out. I think Molex makes a pin extractor for Picoblade but I could not find it on their site.

I always have trouble trying to insert a picture into a post on this forum. I select the file, upload, it, then select Add to Post. Sometimes the picture will appear in the post but most times it just appears as a link. I have never been able to figure out why.

PicoBlade_Cable.jpg

molex_orientation.pdf

Remayz

Samstag, 12. November 2022, 18:24

Thank you for your solution.

I assume the white wire doesn't have any function in this case? I believe it doesn't since WS2812B / WS2818B LED is 3 pin and you got it to work.
I'm wondering what is it for :whistling: Maybe the need of the white wire usage depends on the LED strip used (e.g. for some signal converting)? I'm a bit confused since the RGBpx 32cm and 27,3cm strips looks to be different strips, however, both are compatible with Farbwerk/QUADRO/OCTO and there are 4 pins soldered onto the 32cm RGBpx strips which comes with the 4 pin connector, and 3 pins on the 27,3cm RGBpx strips aka WS2812/WS2818.

32cm https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3767
27cm https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3768
All the RGBPx are 4 pin connectors, although It's not very clear on these photos

Samstag, 12. November 2022, 19:12

32 cm strip have all 4 pins from the connector soldered onto it.

27,3cm strip however (just like the WS2812B) are a 3 pin strip. Where could be the 4th pin be soldered to, and for what reason? There's nothing on it except 5v, data and ground leads. Especially when @noryss got it to work by not using the mysterious white wire from his RGBpx connector or he just forgot to mention about it which I doubt he has done.

I don't have the 27,3cm strip so I can't check it myself, though for me it looks like it might be a 4 pin RGBpx aka PicoBlade connector on it, used only for compatibility reasons, however 1 pin is unused since it's a 3 pin strip or it maybe doesn't even exist. Let's found out and solve this puzzle. I've just ordered 5m 300 led WS2812B strip for my 32 inch monitor (140-150 LED splitted on 2 channels & 6 strips).

I gonna check the white wire on my 32cm strips connected to Farbwerk 360 when I'm done with rebuilding my system by simply pulling out the white wire and see what will happen. Gimme one week or so.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »don_dolarson« (12. November 2022, 19:22)

Remayz

Samstag, 12. November 2022, 19:33

well, look on the main picture of the 27cm one, just under the picoblade connector you can see the 4 solder points. it's basically the same strip but with vertical connectors.
Now, what that spare pin is used for? no idea, maybe a second 5V wire to reduce Vdrop, maybe unused, maybe something else..

Samstag, 12. November 2022, 19:44

I missed that

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »don_dolarson« (12. November 2022, 19:45)

Samstag, 12. November 2022, 19:45

I missed that. Easy to check with multimeter on the Farbwerk 360 if the pin for white wire is additional 5v line. But for that I need running system and it may take a week so stay tuned.

Remayz

Samstag, 12. November 2022, 22:01

it got me curious.. i had a go on my Farbwerk nano. For all intents and purposes, the white wire seems to be floating. Can't measure anything on it.

Sonntag, 13. November 2022, 11:36

Zitat

it
got me curious.. i had a go on my Farbwerk nano. For all intents and
purposes, the white wire seems to be floating. Can't measure anything on
it.

Can you connect 1 or 2 strips to the nano and then check pins at the end of the strip or right behind the female connector with male connector plugged into it while system is running? Especially if there is any connection between the white wire and others.

Did you tried to pull out the white wire from the connector and test if LEDs are blinking, dimming, switch colors or are at static only? If there wouldn't be any behavior change in function then the white wire has no function for LEDs. It may be used or reserved for some other products of AQ and it's existing on LEDs strips is only for compatibility reason with other products, to not have different cable and connectors, splitters and so on.
I was thinking about additional 5v line as you wrote it could be. It could be additional ground too, splitting it to 2x 2.5V. Then I was thinking about it once again and can't see any reason to put additional line for (maximum) 90 LEDs as it's the max support for diodes on 1 channel. It would make a sense with longer strips with more LEDs.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »don_dolarson« (13. November 2022, 12:05)

RGBpx Pinout and the 4th Wire

Sonntag, 13. November 2022, 18:35

I think the 4th conductor on 4-pin ARGB connectors is data out. Corsair uses this in conjunction with their RGB hub to daisy chain the LEDs in one strip or fan to the next. The 4 conductors are +5VDC, Ground, Data In, and Data Out. RGBpx pin 3 (white wire) is not connected to anything because AC does not route the Data Out back through the connector and cable like Corsair does. Here is a picture of a Farbwerk360 that shows what is on each pin.

Farbwerk360 RGBpx Port.jpeg

Freitag, 2. Dezember 2022, 13:43

Hi and sorry for delay. I needed to order some connectors as well however below is the result.

https://youtu.be/WFTsLIfoW9o
As you can see on the clip, the green wire going from Farbwerk 360 is in the end not connected at all. There is a conflict in wire colors between the 50cm cable going from Farbwerk 360 and the 50cm extension cable, they simply doesn't match anymore and is "upside down" - black became red, red became black, green became white and white turned to be green. It's how these parts just been shipped to me and I guess they haven't been assembled correctly at the factory. It's just cosmetics and something to remember when connecting LED strips, otherwise a short circuit will occur.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »don_dolarson« (2. Dezember 2022, 20:44)