• 18.04.2024, 08:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

New: D5 ULTITOP - the perfect team partner for the D5 NEXT

Freitag, 5. Oktober 2018, 16:12

The perfect team partner for the D5 NEXT is the ULTITOP D5.

(photo shows D5 ULTITOP with D5 NEXT)

During the development of this pump adapter, which is of course compatible with all D5 pumps, we have intensively focused on keeping the running noise of the pump as low as possible. For this purpose, the geometry of the pump housing was optimized very intensively in order to reduce the running noise to a minimum.

At the same time we tried to design a very compact top for the D5 pump - which we achieved.

The deaeration of the pump housing has also been significantly improved - this takes now only a few seconds.

To make mounting easy, we have developed a stainless steel bracket that can be securely attached to the ULITOP D5 with just one screw. If the ULTITOP D5 is to be demounted, the bracket can remain in the PC and only this one screw has to be removed.

In order to eliminate the remaining vibrations in the smallest possible space, something new had to be created. The result are the ULTIDAMPERS. These decoupling elements made of extremely soft silicone were calculated by many simulations and offer the perfect decoupling for the pump.

The ULTIDAMPERS have two inner cores made of stainless steel, each with two M3 threads for mounting. By the way, they will also be offered separately as accessories.

The ULTITOP D5 is manufactured from Delrin in our factory on state-of-the-art CNC machines. The high-quality retaining ring is turned from aluminum and is black anodized.

(third photo shows D5 ULTITOP with D5 NEXT)

It will be available next week at a price of 39,90€.

Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2018, 14:17

I like the new look!

One thing that made me curious -enough to register- is the new volute's top; no compatibility with the existing aqualis base reservoirs (you know, the square ones).

Does this mean we can look forward to a new 'line' of reservoirs as well?
You had a lot of good options, would be a shame if we couldn't mix and match anymore. One base, all those alternatives for a top res..

If you do plan on introducing a new line of reservoirs, would you consider some really small ones?
Something like this: https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3265
And/or something like an "aqualis base for pump adapters", only smaller again.. like say 150/200mls or so? Your smallest one currently is at 450 :whistling:

Montag, 8. Oktober 2018, 18:41

The D5 NEXT is compatible with all aqualis reservoirs and you can mix them anyway you like. It is also compatible with nearly any other D5 reservoir / top at the market - even Dual ones.

I'm sorry to tell you that we can not give an information about products that are maybe in development or not. But we thank you for any tip about new products or improvements!

Dienstag, 9. Oktober 2018, 10:45

My fault Stephan, thanks for correcting me.
I thought the D5 Next was only compatible with the new top, you know? So with that in mind, i drew the wrong conclusions :D
I understand you now.

As for hints/ideas, i get that. But i thought maybe i should explain more? No reply needed.
It's becoming more and more of a thing, tiny enclosures (mitx cases) with watercooling. So a smaller res could really come in handy.
You already have one, yeah, but it's a bit difficult to work with because it's opaque. And also, it's only for Aqualis, meaning you're 'restricting' the potential buyers to a much smaller group. So what i'd love to see is:
- a typical oval res, that can be mounted on any volute (this last is of no interest to me personally, but again, allows for a broader audience)
- very short, so it can fit any enclosure
- transparent, for ease of use
- and instead of having side ports, have one in the bottom, right in the centre (looks nicer when mounted) and the rest (return + fill) on the top.

And thanks for answering again, had it all wrong, haha

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »E.X« (9. Oktober 2018, 10:47)

RuffHi

RE: New: D5 ULTITOP - the perfect team partner for the D5 NEXT

Montag, 20. März 2023, 12:11

The perfect team partner for the D5 NEXT is the ULTITOP D5.

At the same time we tried to design a very compact top for the D5 pump - which we achieved.

Sorry about the thread necro ... but I was looking for a super compact D5 head and found this little baby. I am looking for a 2nd pump for my loop to give me a little bit more flow. I have a Anidees AI Crystal XL Pro Lite case (plenty of room) and I was wondering if I could put a hole in the PSU shroud (near the center or right fan in this pic) just big enough to fit D5 bump body and use this pump head (with some cushioning / support / anti vibration stuff - no metal support ... just the pump head, the rubber fitting and the screw disk to hold the pump in place) to hold the whole thing in place.

Would the mirror version be better / more stable (assuming it is heavier)? https://www.aquatuning.us/ report both types as weighing 0.171kg.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »RuffHi« (20. März 2023, 12:17)

RE: New: D5 ULTITOP - the perfect team partner for the D5 NEXT

Montag, 20. März 2023, 18:36

Sorry about the thread necro ... but I was looking for a super compact D5 head and found this little baby. I am looking for a 2nd pump for my loop to give me a little bit more flow. I have a Anidees AI Crystal XL Pro Lite case (plenty of room) and I was wondering if I could put a hole in the PSU shroud (near the center or right fan in this pic) just big enough to fit D5 bump body and use this pump head (with some cushioning / support / anti vibration stuff - no metal support ... just the pump head, the rubber fitting and the screw disk to hold the pump in place) to hold the whole thing in place.
Not 100% sure what you are asking, but yes, the mounting plate that comes with the pump top will support the pump top and the pump.
As to where and how it will fit, only you can determine that.

Zitat

Would the mirror version be better / more stable (assuming it is heavier)? https://www.aquatuning.us/ report both types as weighing 0.171kg.
The following is a quote from the PRODUCT PAGE for the brass version:

Zitat

Please note:
Due to the high weight, a hanging mounting with the supplied silicone decouplers is not possible. An upright mounting is recommended.

RuffHi

Montag, 20. März 2023, 21:19

Thx InfoSeeker

Maybe I should have posted a picture / mock up.

black is pump top
dark blue box is pump
red panel is PSU shroud
pink is water inflow
light blue is water outflow

Aim is to cut a hole in PSU shroud big enough for the pump, too small for the pump head and let the weight of the pump / head combo hold it in place.

Hmmm ... maybe I put in a passthrough and use a male / male coupler to attach pump head to passthrough.
Maybe I just experiment until I get happy with it. Non-mirror version ordered and is in the mail.

Montag, 20. März 2023, 22:39

If you hard mount it to the panel like that, you may get noise, particularly if you are at a resonating frequency.

A simple solution could be to add a sheet of ISOLATE-IT to sit on top of the panel (between the panel and the retaining ring.
I would cut the hole in the isolation sheet slightly (2-3mm) smaller than the circumference of the pump, and snip little cuts around the inner circumference.
This would keep the pump from touching the side of the hole in the panel.

Dienstag, 21. März 2023, 07:45

Delete message

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (21. März 2023, 07:47)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

RuffHi

Dienstag, 21. März 2023, 12:00

A simple solution could be to add a sheet of ISOLATE-IT to sit on top of the panel (between the panel and the retaining ring.
I would cut the hole in the isolation sheet slightly (2-3mm) smaller than the circumference of the pump, and snip little cuts around the inner circumference.
This would keep the pump from touching the side of the hole in the panel.
Exactly what I was thinking - thanks InfoSeeker.

I'll try it under the shroud to start with (no hole in cut) attached with a pass thru and see if that will work for me. That actually should work better for me because the tubing run's next stop is just below the shroud level.

Edit: That will still leave the pump hard connected to the case and could still generate some level of resonance. I might build a little platform for the pump and suspend the platform below the PSU shroud (with some ISOLATE-IT). So many options, so much time :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »RuffHi« (21. März 2023, 12:16)

Donnerstag, 23. März 2023, 15:53

I use the Shoggy sandwich to set my pumps on and get no sound resonance. The Shoggy sandwich has a really soft sponge in between two rubber pads (similar to the Isolate thingy) and dampens the sound. The Isolate thingy is just one rubber pad that just doesn't look to dampen much sound at all.
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3066

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (23. März 2023, 15:59)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Remayz

Donnerstag, 23. März 2023, 18:14

well it's nice to have rubber pads, but if you don't use a piece under the pump mounting screws, it will be useless. A bit like rubber pads on fans corners... installed with steel screws directly mounted ot the case. I guess it saves the paintjob, but it doesn't dampen anything :p

If you use rubber pads, try to use the Shoggy sandwitch principle, basically a silent block, and completely decouple the pump from the case. No rigid parts between the pump and the case (including screws).

Freitag, 24. März 2023, 17:06

well it's nice to have rubber pads, but if you don't use a piece under the pump mounting screws, it will be useless. A bit like rubber pads on fans corners... installed with steel screws directly mounted ot the case. I guess it saves the paintjob, but it doesn't dampen anything :p

If you use rubber pads, try to use the Shoggy sandwitch principle, basically a silent block, and completely decouple the pump from the case. No rigid parts between the pump and the case (including screws).

I believe the intent with the 1st option was to not use a 'mount' for the pump. The hole through the PSU box would be large enough for the pump to pass through, but smaller than the retaining ring. The pump and volute would then be suspended on the PSU box. In that scenario a rubber pad between the ring and the box, with no hard hard connection between the box and the pump, the rubber pad probably would be sufficient.

Remayz

Freitag, 24. März 2023, 18:51

yep it could. i was thinking of the retaining screws for the ring. usually these touch the case directly with no decoupling (like rubber washers under metal washers).

But the D5 gives such a low rumble, it's tricky to quiet down. it really has to be loosely supported. In the end, the plan on paper will have to be tested in the real world and then all assumptions can fall apart :p