• 23.04.2024, 21:48
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Fan Channels "Fan (x) Overcurrent"

Samstag, 27. Oktober 2018, 17:20

Any help on this would be appreciated. Below is my issue:

13 EK Vardar 120 (2000 RPM) PWM fans spread out across all 4 of the Aquareo 6XT's fan channels. The specs on the fans say they draw no more than 2.16 watts of power (http://thermalbench.com/2015/06/29/ek-va…20er-120mm-fan/). For some reason when booting up my computer Aquareo will drop 1 or more of the fan channels with "Fan (x) Overcurrent" and all the fans on that channel/channels will stop. Below are some of my troubleshooting steps thus far:

- Ensured I was using 1 AquaComputer 4pin cable from each fan channel to the AquaComputer Splitty 9 hubs.
- I am using all AquaComputer cables for these connections to ensure compatibility along with Aquacomputer Splitty 9 hubs
- Tried using different fan hubs to ensure it wasn't the specific Splitty 9 hubs I was using with no luck.
- Ensured all fans had solid 4pin connectors and none of the pins were messed up in the connectors.
- Removed any extraneous devices which were hooked up but not being used, i.e. Power Adjust modules & Realtime clock
- Ensured the device chipset is not overheating: I am water cooling the main chip and also have the extra heatsink over the entire PCB
- Noticed when I drop 2 of the 13 fans from the configuration, then the other 11 fans seem to work properly.
- This could be any 2 fans, there isn't 2 specific fans causing this issue it could be any 2 fans chosen randomly
- Set minimum power to 99% and maximum power to 100% (to ensure I wasn't breaking a limitation I set on the controller)
- Also set this to multiple different lower settings with same result
- Firmware is all updated to latest
- Ensured there is no "Programmable Fuse" selection set for any of the fan channels

I am at a loss here on what to try next or if there is something obvious I am missing. All other functionality seems to be pretty normal and working as expected, but the entire point of getting this system was to be able to PWM my fans on a curve based on temperatures and now I cannot do that with all my equipment. Any help on this would be appreciated as I am pulling my hair out trying to track this issue down?

Thanks,

Seth

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Seth008« (27. Oktober 2018, 18:11)

Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2018, 15:58

I already replied to this via e-mail since we got the same message this way, but just for other that are reading here.

Zitat

- Noticed when I drop 2 of the 13 fans from the configuration, then the other 11 fans seem to work properly.
- This could be any 2 fans, there isn't 2 specific fans causing this issue it could be any 2 fans chosen randomly

The aquaero uses a dynamic overload protection that tolerates small overloads for a longer time and larger overloads for a shorter time. Since the problem is no longer present when two fans are removed, it is quite likely that the power draw when spinning up is just too large. It is not the first time that customers report about problems when using these fans with our devices.

Adding the two fans while the other 11 are already running might work since there will be not the same power peak as when all of these fans start up at the same time. If this works it would also confirm the assumption that these fans draw too much power when they spin up.

Of course there is still the chance that something might be wrong with the aquaero, but I would say it is pretty low because this behavior would be strange. If something is wrong with a fan channel it usually does not work at all anymore.

@Seth008: just in case you already replied via e-mail. Today is a holiday in most states of Germany including ours. I will not be able to read it before tomorrow.