• 19.04.2024, 07:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Dithering / fan smoothing

Montag, 29. Oktober 2018, 00:01

Hello,
I've just installed Aquaero 6 PRO and I was playing around with sensors and fan regulation.

In short, I've tried to set a fan curve according to CPU temp, but at times the fans ramp up in speed to quickly come back to silent levels, as CPU temp spikes.

There is any way to smooth the fan speed change? Like slowly transition the speed in 5 seconds or so, to prevent the fan to rapidly change RPM.
A similar setting is available in Asus "Dual Intelligent Processors 5", I found it working very well, smoothing out the transition prevents spikes from being audible.
I can't find anything similar in aquasuit (2018-7).

RE: Dithering / fan smoothing

Montag, 29. Oktober 2018, 00:22

Hello,
I've just installed Aquaero 6 PRO and I was playing around with sensors and fan regulation.

In short, I've tried to set a fan curve according to CPU temp, but at times the fans ramp up in speed to quickly come back to silent levels, as CPU temp spikes.

There is any way to smooth the fan speed change? Like slowly transition the speed in 5 seconds or so, to prevent the fan to rapidly change RPM.
A similar setting is available in Asus "Dual Intelligent Processors 5", I found it working very well, smoothing out the transition prevents spikes from being audible.
I can't find anything similar in aquasuit (2018-7).

Have a look at your fan curve and you can stretch it and set it so its a slow response. You can set it any which way you want. If this is a custom liquid loop, I highly recommend using the fluid temp for fan changes. Worst comes to worse, you can just set the fans at a tolerable fixed setting and set and forget.

Montag, 29. Oktober 2018, 03:25

You really should not be using the CPU temp to drive the fan curve controller.
As you've experienced, the CPU temp jumps around way too much, plus it is of no real use in cooling your loop.

Your best solution may be to make a virtual temperature that is the difference between the room air temperature and the loop fluid temperature, then use it to drive your fan controller.
If your fans were on the CPU then varying their speed according to it's temperature could be useful, but your radiators are cooling the fluid.

Montag, 29. Oktober 2018, 22:10

Well, that's what I did, but I have no experience with those values so I thought I could initially manage it as I did before, .
I'm using the max temp between CPU and GPU right now.

Should I use the fluid temperature of ∆T Fluid-ambient?

Also, there is a way to control fans connected to the motherboard? I have a set connected to the CPU fan header, I prefer to do that instead of disabling fan detection.

Thank you.

Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2018, 06:19

You should use what you feel most comfortable with and that which works best for you.

I use the fluid/ambient DT because that automatically adjusts for room temperature changes, and it is very stable for the fans.
The instantaneous temperature changes of the processors are not affected by the fans cooling the fluid in the radiators... there is a time lag involved.

The aquaero has a port marked RPM on the back that generates an artificial fan RPM that may be connected to the motherboard's CPU fan port. This artificial RPM can be set to zero with the alarm module, allowing you to trigger a shutdown due to any alarm situation you define...fan failure, pump failure, low fluid. If you use this option, you can control all your fans with the aquaero's fan controllers.