• 17.04.2024, 01:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

question re airplex modularity with D5 pump adapter

Samstag, 10. November 2018, 02:52

Will the airplex modularity with D5 pump adapter function properly if positioned vertically with the pump at the bottom?

Montag, 12. November 2018, 22:28

Interesting!

I also wonder if the stands for airplex modularity system, upright will work on the pump/reservoir side of the airplex modularity with D5 pump adapter, with the D5 NEXT pump attached?

Dienstag, 13. November 2018, 11:13

Running the radiator with the pump pointing to the bottom is possible.

Using the stands will not work because they are too short. The pump adapter part with the pump is way too long. Since the stands have holes you could extend them with something suitable.

Mittwoch, 14. November 2018, 16:36

Great that the airplex can be oriented vertical, pump down. The D5 NEXT somewhat dictates a bottom mounted vertical orientation for best esthetics.
Sad that the existing stands will not work. Will aquacomputer design a taller version to accommodate the newer gear?

I am considering an external radiator for my next build, and one option I am considering is to connect three airplex modularity units together, two w/pumps at each end, and one sans pump in the middle... and then mounting an aquaero to the bottom of the center unit.

Mittwoch, 28. November 2018, 23:02

Follow-up question regarding dimensions on the airplex modularity 420 w/D5 pump.

The product description states:

Zitat

All radiator types have an equal width of 146 mm and fit perfectly into standard 51/4 drive bays. Radiator height (without pump modules) is 63.5 mm, radiator length (without pump modules) can be calculated by adding 44 mm to the specified fan dimensions (for example model 360: 360 mm + 44 mm = 404 mm).

The length is stated as being the designated length + 44 mm for the non-pump module version.
What is the additional length for the version WITH the pump module (excluding pump)?

I am also not completely clear if a D5 pump is included with the pump module versions.
A couple of the versions claim to have "D5 pump w USB/aquabus" (33059 & 33066), which I thought to be EOL.

Were I to connect two of the airplex modularity radiators side by side, would the system function properly if both had a D5 pump installed?

Donnerstag, 29. November 2018, 09:18

The basic dimensions (in mm) of the ams radiators are always

Length: fan size + 44 (e.g. 3 x 120 + 44 = 404)
Height: 63.5
Width: 146

The variants with a pump and integrated reservoir are 25 mm higher (= the height of the fans).

The pump modules without the pump are 26 mm longer so you have to add a total of 70 mm to the fan size.

The D5 pump sticks out another 36.5 mm while the compact 600 pump sticks out 35 mm downwards.

The optional reservoir module adds 26.5 mm to the length.

A 480 mm variant with D5 pump for example has these dimensions:

Length: 4 x 120 + 44 + 26 x 36.5 = 586.5 mm
Height: 63.5 + 25 = 88.5 mm
Width: 146 mm

Radiators with a D5 pump module also include the pump of course. 33059 is available, it is just remaining stock (one piece). 33066 is not available anymore.

Freitag, 30. November 2018, 16:05

Thank you, I understand the dimensions.

I could not find the "The optional reservoir module adds 26.5 mm to the length" item in your online shop.
Do you have a product link for it?

Is there an option to purchase an airplex modularity 420 with pump module, without a pump?
Or is there an option to order the unit with the D5 NEXT, instead of the regular D5.

Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2018, 00:03

The reservoir module is not available anymore.

A radiator without the pump or a different model should be possible as custom made order (e-mail).

Montag, 10. Dezember 2018, 06:03

I now know the distance from the stand mounting face to the bottom of the pump case is about 62.5 mm (26 + 36.5)

If I knew the offset distance for the stand, I could determine the additional offset I need to add to keep the pump above the desk.