• 19.04.2024, 20:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

GELID Silent 12 (PWM) Wing 12 UV Blue or Noctua NF F12 PWM chromax.black.swap

Mittwoch, 14. November 2018, 21:18

I know its not related to Aquacomputer but little help would be cool. I posted this in other forums to get as much diverts info as possible so If you please could give me your opinion, perhaps maybe from your own experience.

I need a little help on deciding between these 2 fans: GELID Silent 12 (PWM) Wing 12 UV Blue and Noctua NF F12 PWM chromax.black.swap. I’ve been debating about this for 2 days and there is a reason why it’s taking

me so long to decide.
I have used these Gelid fans for few years in this build that I’m rebuilding now again. Because this build is substantially big ( 4x 480 Black Ice Nemesis) and the rads are optimized for low RPM fans so I could run my fans at the lowest speed( 40% I think) keeping absolutely silent yet running cool.

Few months ago I took my system apart and used most of the fans across my other systems that are air-cooled I also got some Noctua fans I also got CPU cooler (NH-D15S) for my sons system.

I have always heard about Noctuas superior CPU coolers and fans but until you get one, you have no idea how great their products are, the fan ( I got separately chromax, for the NHD-15S is absolutely quiet and I also got 6 NF-S12A PWM chromax and they are absolutely dead silent, keep in mind I am
silent freak and both fans are fairly quiet, maybe differ pitch but both are close with db.

For my rads I could get the NF-S12A PWM chromax even thou they are not optimized for radiators, but then again I have so much rad space it doesn’t matter if I use case or rad fans really and that’s why I am in predicament.

This would be easy If I still had all the Gelid fans, I would just simply use them but they are all across my other systems that I don't want to touch so I’m starting from scratch again (no fans) So now I have choice between Noctua NF-F12 chromax which are nice or GELID Silent 12 (PWM) Wing 12 UV Blue. Price wise, they both come close I need 16 of them … $450 for Gelid and about $465 for Noctua.

Please give me your opinion with some rational explanation why you would chose one over the other that would help me please.

I forgot to mention, aesthetics are important to me as well and both fans look great with my Caselabs STH10 black so there is another reason why is taking me so long to decide ?( :)

Donnerstag, 15. November 2018, 13:43

I can't give you an exact comparison but I have 20 Noctua NF12 3000 rpm industrial fans in my S8 with pedestal, 6x2 on Nexxxos Monsta radiators and 8 for air and with an Aquaero I can run them as low as 300rpm. At 750 rpm the case is still silent. At full power it sounds like a jet engine but that's just for fun. They are incredibly well made, 6 year warranty, shift huge amounts of air and look good. I've tried many different fans over the years including Gentle Typhoons and prefer these.
Maybe buy 3 of each and try them on separate radiators?
Good luck.

Donnerstag, 15. November 2018, 17:38

I can't give you an exact comparison but I have 20 Noctua NF12 3000 rpm industrial fans in my S8 with pedestal, 6x2 on Nexxxos Monsta radiators and 8 for air and with an Aquaero I can run them as low as 300rpm. At 750 rpm the case is still silent. At full power it sounds like a jet engine but that's just for fun. They are incredibly well made, 6 year warranty, shift huge amounts of air and look good. I've tried many different fans over the years including Gentle Typhoons and prefer these.
Maybe buy 3 of each and try them on separate radiators?
Good luck.

Yes Noctua makes incredibly well built products. For a long time I have been using Gelid 12 Wing UV Blue fans and they are OK but they do feel on flimsy site. I'm talking the blades, although they push good amount of air and they are pretty quiet after few months I could hear some additional noise coming from few of them and I don't know if I have mentioned, Gelid support is pretty much none existent so to me and I'm sure to many people that would be important debating factor.

Few months ago I have decided to go air and I got few of Noctuas NF-S12A chromax and I was absolutely amazed how quiet they run, yet pushing good amount of air. So now I have air cooled system with Noctuas fans and it’s time to rebuild my water cooled PC and that's why I'm looking into Noctuas for my rads. As I said earlier, because of the amount of rads I have I could get away with any fans, but since I need to get them I must well get the best I can.

The other day I was watching short video when guy changed his fans that were cooling his 240 rad, he switched from Corsair SP 120 to Noctua NF-F12 PWM and he know this 2 thing, the temperature/performance didn’t change but…what he needed to archive with Corsair fans at 1900RPM which were very loud he was able o archive with Noctua at 600RPM, huge db drop and absolutely
silents.

People, incl. myself misunderstanding how fans really work, sometimes it’s not only the performance that makes a difference it’s the sound and mostly pitch fans produce, you can have the same db coming from 2 different fans but the pitch can make you eater hating or liking the fans and Noctua seem to mastered both. Your fans are industrial so they are rated at high mmH2O and RPM so

yes they will sound very loud but think about the RPM they are capable of running if you ever needed and at even 1500RPM I hear them running pretty quiet., they are super nice fans. I’m leaning towards Noctua

Thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (15. November 2018, 17:47)

Samstag, 17. November 2018, 00:06

Noctua is here :)I think it looks better with all black... what you think :)
»Dundys« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (17. November 2018, 03:20)

Samstag, 17. November 2018, 12:16

Go with the black looks very good.

Dienstag, 27. November 2018, 04:08

If you are OK with Noctuas standard colors then the new NF-A12 is the one you want. it's silent and very efficient,
On my system I can't hear them, the noisiest component is the RAID 5 HDD array in the PC and the D5 pump.
I replaced 14 NF-F12 with 7 NF-A12x25 without loosing temp and even gaining on noise. You start hearing them at about 1000-1200rpm and ity's the low noctua hum.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MrTchou« (27. November 2018, 04:12)

Donnerstag, 29. November 2018, 15:12

If you are OK with Noctuas standard colors then the new NF-A12 is the one you want. it's silent and very efficient,
On my system I can't hear them, the noisiest component is the RAID 5 HDD array in the PC and the D5 pump.
I replaced 14 NF-F12 with 7 NF-A12x25 without loosing temp and even gaining on noise. You start hearing them at about 1000-1200rpm and ity's the low noctua hum.

I am slowly moving with this upgrade, I had issues with new Bitspowers acrylic hard tubing but its all good now, btw. Bitspowers customer support is very exceptional.

Unfortunately aesthetics is a big thing to me and even thou the NF-A12x25 are the best fans you can get atm. I still wouldn't use them in my system, its my strong preference. Although, the good news is..Noctua will release these fans in black, it will be few months before that happens but they do realize to a lot of people their traditional color is the deal breaker ^^
»Dundys« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (29. November 2018, 15:17)