• 27.06.2019, 00:11
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Seeking Guidance on Complex Config...

Monday, December 10th 2018, 10:29pm

Hello... first time post (please be gentle, etc)...

I'm seeking advice on what I know is likely to be an attempt at a *very* unusual configuration. Let's start with a breakdown of the kit I'm in the process of purchasing...
1 x Thermaltake WP-200 Case (case + plinth)
1 x Leadex SuperFlower 2000w PSU
1 x Asus RoG VI Extreme Edition X299 Motherboard with EK Water Block
1 x Intel Core i9 7980XE Processor
64Gb RAM (exact brand/specification to be decided)
2 x Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti GPUs, with EK Water Blocks
5 x EK Coolstream CE 560 Radiators
3 x EK XTOP Revo D5 Pumps
3 x EK Res X3 250 Reservoirs
The 2 RTX 2080 GPUs will be configured in SLI Mode.

I have one pair of CE 560 Radiators in the plinth, configured in series for connection to the physically lower of the 2 GPUs
I have a single radiator above the motherboard servicing the CPU/Motherboard water block
I have a second pair of CE 560 Radiators in the "second half" of the case, with one in the roof and one on the side panel (this layout gives easier access), configured in series for connection to the physically upper of the 2 GPUs.

I have silent-running Noctua fans (20 of them) for the radiators...

I plan to treat this as 3 completely separate cooling systems. This means I will have 3 x PWM pumps, a total of 20 PWM fans (max 0.96 Watts each) and would like to have 6 x temperature sensors (2 per circuit, with one before and one after the radiators). I know that I can cascade the pumps by simply using a PWM fan splitter; I am also confident that doing this will not overload the power delivery of say an Aquaero 6LT controller...

However, my question concerns the configuration limits of a single 6 XT Controller and the best/recommended way of bringing together such an odd hardware setup... In simple terms, I would like to be able to drive 3 distinct "circuits", in which each circuit comprises:-
1 x Pump
2 x Temperature Sensors
(1) x "Fan Set" (in which a Fan set will comprise either 8 [in the case of the GPUs] or 4 [in the case of the CPU] Noctua NF-P14s REDUX PWM 1200rpm 140mm fans...

According to what I've read on line, an Aquaero 6XT can support the fans no problem - in default configuration it has 4 fan outputs with up to 30Watts per channel - and I won't need anything like that much power delivery...

It also supports 8 temperature sensor inputs - I'm planning on using 6 for the liquid cooling and might add a 7th for "case" temperature - again this looks to be OK...
My sticking point is pumps... I see that I can run "2 x aquastram XT/ULTIMATE pumps" in maximum configuration mode...

My question is ... the manual seems to suggest that I can connect more than 1 pump to the controller if I use the aquabus connection method... but I can't see anything that would tell me if I can connect 3 pumps in this way.

I do appreciate that this is a very specific question in the middle of a very specific (and very weird) configuration. I would not be surprised if your first thought on reading this would be, "Huh... I wouldn't do it that way, I'd do it like this..."... I would be very interested to learn of better approaches if anyone would care to take the time to suggest them, but in this particular instance the assembly of this hardware is being done by a friend of mine and he tells me that 3 discrete cooling circuits will make for a better overall build, so I really am interested in the answer to this specific question.

We are both completely new to Aquaero, so likely to fall into any pitfalls or "gotchas" that may be lurking. Please do mention anything obvious that we in our ignorance are unlikely to realise or think of.

Oh, and, happy to return and post pictures once this monster is built...

Thank you in advance