• 27.04.2024, 12:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Farbwerk Issue with Software Sensors

Freitag, 21. Dezember 2018, 22:22

Hello Everyone :

I've installed recently My Farbwerk ( USB version) ( I have no other Aquacomputer Device or hardware sensors connected to it )
It works pretty fine except this issue :

My 4 channels RGB outputs are configured this way :

Output 1 : Color Preset
Output 2 : Temp controlled by Software sensor 1
Output 3 : Temp controlled by Software sensor 2
Output 4 : Color Preset

Software Sensors :
Sensor 1 : Data from Aquacomputer Service / Aquacomputer hardware Monitor / CPU / CoreMAX
Sensor 2 :
Data from Aquacomputer Service / Aquacomputer hardware Monitor / GPU /GPU Core

The device works fine but randomly ( approximately once or twice per day ) changes the colors of the temp controlled
Output to the MAximum temperature color configured, (Color 2 ) on Output 2 & 3 ,
when this happens, I open aquasuite to check the issue, & I find all my
Output have changed their sources to : External Controlled Source ( aquabus, Bluetooth.....) & all the sensors are back to the Fallback value 50°
I didn't find any solution except rebooting the PC, sometimes it continues working ok, & sometimes the issue reappears after a few hours.

Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018, 08:37

If this happens, it can have several causes.
An unstable USB connection. A loose power supply or cable.
Test another USB port.
Place the USB cable independently from the power cable for testing.
Power the farbwerk with a different cable from the power supply.

Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018, 21:53

If this happens, it can have several causes.
An unstable USB connection. A loose power supply or cable.
Test another USB port.
Place the USB cable independently from the power cable for testing.
Power the farbwerk with a different cable from the power supply.

Hi , & thanks for the response,

- I've already changed the Usb cable to another port ; still the same. ( I'm using a new cable out of the farbwerk's box)

- Would you please explain this sentence : Place the USB cable independently from the power cable for testing ?

Do you mean that I have to physically, root the USB away from the power lines ? is there any chance that the USB data signals get corrupted from interference with +12V lines from other cables near to it ?
because I have some other Molex cables from my speed controller to the fans & 2 pumps ( powering between 5 & 7 Amperes in total ) these cables gets a few centimeters near to the farbwerk but there is no cable over it,
however, the USB from the modherboard to farbwerk gets its way under all these power cables & perpendicular to them.
here is my farbwerk setup to give you an idea :

- I still have a little doubt about the Molex powering the farbwerk since I'm using extenders ( I've already tested them with multimeter & seems to work OK )
I never noticed a power loss from the farbwerk, like leds turning off & on again, the device is just loosing its connection with software sensors & aquasuite as I mentioned before.
is there any chance some sort of micro power outage happening a few milliseconds causing all of this ?

thanks again
& Merry Christmas :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von »kaisounovsky« (28. Dezember 2018, 21:12)