• 16.04.2024, 09:55
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Start Boost BIG issues

Samstag, 22. Dezember 2018, 18:53

:(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (23. Dezember 2018, 05:45)

Sonntag, 23. Dezember 2018, 00:48

There is a big issue with either firmware or Aquasuite.

"Start boost" does not work as it should over the aquabus connection. I just updated to Aquasuite 2018-9 then follow up with updating firmware of several PA3 in which 4 of them controlling D5 pumps.

This update is causing "start boost" to behave sporadically. Before my pumps could easily start with Start Boost set to 7.6V and 5 seconds duration time then pumps would go back to low voltage and continue to operate quietly without hick ups, now this is not the case.

I have 4 D5 pumps in which only 2 of them are in full time operation, the other 2 are as a backup and also for initial bleeding purpose as this is fairly big system. I have alarm set based on flow rate to turn the secondary pump(s) ON if any of the main pump(s) drops flow or happen to fail.

So!! now because of the start boost issue they won’t start, I have to manually slight the voltage bar to start the desire pump, there is a huge delay as far is "start boost" functionality.

When either PC starts or is coming out of a sleep mode, one of the case LEDs that is controlled by PA3 lights up to its full 12V with the speed of the snail, there is very visible delay of that LED reaching its full 12V power, and when it does, you can see the pulsation of voltage increase, unlike normally would be ON instantly.

What can I say...I am disappointed and again discouraged because I had my system down for months due to lengthily troubleshooting of rare issue that took me over 15 months, which btw was Aquasuites's M/B, Memory and SSD/HDD services, which also was never fixed but anyways, so now when I finally put my system back together this happens.

It seems like AC is constantly releasing buggy software or firmware and we are the guinea pigs, I wouldn't care really, I don't mind reporting issues if they occasionally accrue but this seem to be too often, every software or firmware update, this is messing up my systems and its time consuming to put things back in order.

It wouldn't be to bad if you could simply go back to older Aquasuite then flash to older firmware to get things back to manageable state, but that's not possible..

Please Aquacomputer.....fix this ASAP ;(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 46 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (23. Dezember 2018, 06:44)

Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2018, 19:41

8|

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (26. Dezember 2018, 22:01)

Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018, 09:11

We checked. There is no problem with the Startboost.
In the new firmware a softstart is ALWAYS active for the output.
It may be that you have to extend your time for the start booost.
Take 100% for 10 seconds.
What do your fan settings look like in poweradjust on the fan side? How do your fan settings look in the aquaero? (screenshots)
We changed that because some pumps and fans with high starting currents did not start sporadically because the starting current was too high.

Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018, 16:45

We checked. There is no problem with the Startboost.
In the new firmware a softstart is ALWAYS active for the output.
It may be that you have to extend your time for the start booost.
Take 100% for 10 seconds.
What do your fan settings look like in poweradjust on the fan side? How do your fan settings look in the aquaero? (screenshots)
We changed that because some pumps and fans with high starting currents did not start sporadically because the starting current was too high.

There is no problem!! are you kidding, there is a huge delay in startup HUGE I otherwise I wouldn't say it, Ive used your [product for darn years to know something its not OK.
Why on my system when it starts up or coming out of sleep mode ( both scenarios the same results) my pumps or like I said even the LED has such delay that Its unbelievable I can literately see It's like my home dimmable lights slowly increasing in voltage to reach 12 V rather then been ON ...that should not be happening how you explain that.

I don't mean to sound rude but when I see issue that wasn't there before and now it screwed up few things that used to work just fine, obviously something its not right

So !!! if you saying that you sure there is no issue with start boost...and you sure...all I can say this is not what I imagine when I have put my system back together, I know how it worked even until few day ago and how it works now, start boost over Aquabus its crippled and I'm beyond disappointed now , you guys fixed 1 thing and broke others, its like taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back..

Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018, 16:51

There is no problem!! are you kidding, there is a huge delay in startup HUGE I
we talk about 3-4 seconds ramp time from 0V to 12V

Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018, 17:30

Why everything works as intended over USB and the issue is via Aquabats only... there is an issue.Okay here is an example.
I have two main pumps running and I have two spare backup pumps in case the main pump fails.
Main pump failed so I have the second air pump set to start boost maximum 12 volt even 30 seconds and start boost will not start that pump unless the pump itself is set tostart with high voltage to begin with and if I'm not home and this will occur the pump will run on high voltage for who-knows-how-long and before start boost would kick in start the pump then pump would slow down to low voltage and run the function doesn't work anymore because of the start boost not kicking in.

I've used you hardwarere and software for years and I know how things were working and things are not working now it's not a change you made to improve other functionalities it's how things are not working now.

I used to be proud to make profiles and have alarm set to work certain way that was very clever when using multi pumps now I can't say the same thing.

obviously you don't think there's anything wrong Well then I must be just seen things :thumbdown: sorry but when I had finally my system buck and running I was looking forward to set that up so work how used to work and now since I can't even do it ?(

like I said there is delay significant beyond what you probably intended to because even when I start my system from cold boot the pumps take much longer to start and why is this all working good of a USB cable there's no delay it's only via so there is an issue

Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018, 17:41

make screenshots from your settings.

Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018, 18:18

Ok I will later on when I get home from work.
Just so we don't have to go back and forth, any particular screenshots you want me to post so you have a betterview of the issue

Thanks sorry for misspells I'm using my phone to do this
And if you need any additional information please don't hesitate to ask

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2018, 08:20

make screenshots from your settings.
OK!!! here are some screenshots, I don't know if you need more detailed info with different screen shots but let me explain where I'm having the biggest problem, maybe I came across to aggressive and haven't explain the issue in clear manner.

My system is ON pretty much 24/7 with exception of Sunday, that's when I move collected data from that system onto external drives. The system runs very silently because I only run 2 main pumps on low (2200 RPM) and because I am not home most of the time that is one of the reason I have 4x D5 pumps (redundancy) to make sure that if any

of the main pumps loses power or simply dies, the secondary pumps will get enabled by alarm that suppose to load 1 of 3 profiles depending which pump failed and the secondary pump takes over as if nothing happens.

Also with 4 pumps I can initially bleed the system much faster as it is a big unit (4x 480 radiators, 3x GPU's, 2x High speed USB flow meters, 2 AQ filters) and all that is in BIG STH10 case with pedestal, so I need more than 2 pumps for reason.

So let me rephrase this issue…from the cold boot Startboost works, admittedly the delay is much longer then prior to this update so instead of me having to set "Startboost" to 7 seconds duration and 7.6v initial start then the pumps themselves go back to 7.1volt, now I have to set Duration to at least 10 seconds and 8-8.9v and that’s fine, I can live with that.

The bigger issue is with Startboost starting while system is running when the main pump fails and any of the 3 profiles are loaded. Normally I would have the secondary pumps set to exact the same settings as the main pumps which is 7 seconds duration and 7.6v to initially start the pump then the secondary pumps go back to 7.1 volt.

Now if you look at one of the screens the GPU flow is 0 and will remain 0 until I either move the voltage to 8-8.4v so the pumps can start, but then they will remain running that voltage oppose to slowing down after Startboost initial start and that's when the Startboost don't work when the profile is loaded and you can see the Startboost its set to

max voltage and I can even set to 20 seconds duration it still won’t start when certain profile are loaded and this was never the issue, this was always working great until I updated this time around, so there is a change that negatively affected this function which now doesn't work at all.

Like I mentioned, this works fine via USB connection, the issue exists only over the Aquabus connection.

I’m hoping that I made this clear enough and I’m also hoping somehow this will get fixed, unless you keep persisting that there is no issue and if that's the case I can’t force you to make it to work the way did prior to this update.
»Dundys« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:
  • Startboost doesn't start pump(s).pdf (106,22 kB - 105 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 26. März 2024, 01:22)
  • Doc1.pdf (123,13 kB - 90 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 28. Februar 2024, 03:40)
  • Doc2.pdf (92,31 kB - 80 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 21. Dezember 2023, 02:28)
  • Main Pumps.pdf (105,77 kB - 94 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 27. März 2024, 00:00)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (28. Dezember 2018, 08:23)

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2018, 09:14

Screecshots == PNG or JPG, pdf are for texts and documents.
Your Screenshots are not readable. (blurry)

The Startboost works with the aquabus as designed.
The Startboost is ONLY applied when the power is 0 to x.

The problem ist the option Hold Minimum power. Disable this.

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2018, 17:12

Sorry I was trying to do this remotely, hopefully this will be better of help..

FYI. The Poweradjust that is starting the secondary pump is OFF so there is no power or should I say there should be no power on that unit, yet.. when the specific profile its loaded,don't matter how I will set the settings startboost won't power on that PA3 and as I said before this was never the issue until this update. We going circles again, you saying there is no issue and Startboost work as it should, but obviously something is not working correctly. I have already try "Hold minimum power" being ON or OFF before you even mentioned and that doesn't make any difference but again "Hold Minimum Power" ON was never the issue.

You can see on one of the screen shots when profile its loaded under "Fans" it shows that this particular PA3 receiving the power of 7.3V and normally that would run that pump nicely after Startboost would initially start this pump with 8v and now this part its broken.

If I didn't think that there was something wrong with this specific function of Startboost I wouldn't bother wasting our time, but I've been using this function for the past few years and I know how this have always worked and how this doesn't work now.
I'm not trying to be mean or rude it’s not my intent and if I come across that way I apologize. I want to get to the bottom of this so this it works as it did before this update but tbh. from the sound of your feedback I don't have much faith.

I should add... some times in rare occasions and it happen few minutes ago and also earlier today, the Startboost worked fine for split of a second, when I check/uncheck the "use startboost" Startboost did ramp up for the duration time but then don't matter what I did and I couldn't reproduce it again, so there is an obvious issue :|
»Dundys« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • 1.png
  • 2.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 42 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (29. Dezember 2018, 06:59)