• 24.04.2024, 00:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

brodycorn

unregistriert

Is it safe to power the Aquaero 6 LT with SATA?

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2018, 14:43

As the title says, really. The Aquaero 6 LT is going to be the only component in my system with a molex connector, and I'd much prefer to use an adapter to use the SATA power I'm using with other components. I don't know vey much about both connectors but have read some things about these adapters not necessarily being safe, and that SATA and molex have different power draws/tolerances. My adapters are good ones, so my concern really relates to this last point. Thank you! :)

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2018, 18:49

Yes it is perfectly safe to use a SATA to MOLEX power cable adapter.

I have done it on several systems, where there was other SATA power requirements in the vicinity of the 5-1/4 bay, and used a multiple SATA cable with an adapter instead of running a separate MOLEX cable to that area.

RodeoGeorge

Freitag, 28. Dezember 2018, 19:04

You can use the sata power connector up to 4.5A total current @12V == 54W.
When you need more power it is better to use the 4 pin molex power connetor without other adapter cables.