• 12.12.2019, 23:56
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

More than 64 LEDS on the Quadro

Sunday, December 30th 2018, 10:03am

Hi Aquacomputer,

Awesome work with the Quadro, it's literally a dream come true. I mean literally. I intended to build something like this with a raspberry pi zero, but preliminary research made me realized you already solved that problem. Fantastic! I originally only needed the fan controller section, but got seduced by how well thought of your RGB lightning system seem to be so I'm going to go with that as well.

I do have a quick question: What happens when more than 64 LEDs are connected to the Quadro?

Let's say I have 70 LEDs connected in series (64+6):
  • Will the software be able to control all led but only individually address 64 of these ==> The remaining 6 would all be the same color
  • Or would the software not detect the extra 6 LEDs ==> The remaining 6 would be all off

In either scenario:
  • Does the order of the chain matter ? ==> Only the last 6 in the chain would behave as one
  • Or does it not? ==> I could pick which 6 LEDs I wouldn't be able to control no matter where they are in the chain

I know I could connect another Quadro to solve this problem, but I really don't need to individually control these extra 6 leds. If they behave as one, or even remain off but I am able to cherrypick which ones to eliminate, that'd do for my use case. :)

Thanks in advance for your response :)