• 16.04.2024, 13:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

orkusmg

All fans attached to QUADRO go 100% on PC boot

Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2019, 13:37

Dears,

As in subject - whenever I start or reboot my PC all fans that are connected to QUADRO go 100%, this is quite a sound as you can imagine... Right after Windows boots all fans behave accodingly to whatever I've setup within Aquasuite software. I have the latest sw. v. 2018.9 and I have updated QUADRO firmware as well.

Ps: I do not even have any of the fan curves setup to reach 100%, it happens only before Windows is started.

Is there any setting wherer I can command how fans should behave during boot sequence?

orkusmg

Montag, 7. Januar 2019, 09:08

Dear support/anyone - could you please at least reply if this is normal behaviour?

I bought QUADRO for curves and silence it should provide, so far it does exactly opposite...

boli

Montag, 7. Januar 2019, 09:18

Are you using a software sensor as input to control fans? I think those are only available once Aquasuite (or its background service) runs, and before that (during boot) Quadro is probably running the fans at fallback speed of 100%. At least that's what the Aquaero does according to its manual, and the Aquaero does have a configurable fallback speed. The Quadro manual however does not mention configurable fallback behavior..

I would expect that with real sensor data input available to the Quadro (as in using its hardware temperature inputs), it should be able to run attached fans according to the configured curves even during Windows boot, or when other OS such as Linux is running.

Sorry for being somewhat vague, I'm not 100% sure as I'm new and waiting for my first Aquaero to arrive.

Manual just in case:
https://aquacomputer.de/handbuecher.html…DRO_english.pdf

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »boli« (7. Januar 2019, 09:49)

orkusmg

Montag, 7. Januar 2019, 14:57

Hi boli,

Thank you, your reply is much appreciated :)

Yes - you are correct, I'm using software sensors, however I'm fully aware that they are only available once system boots. This is exactly my problem, where or how to configure QUADRO in state where no sensor data is available. I also did not find any mentioning of this in manual.

I did quick test (as I have one HW temp sensor attached to it) - and it does in fact boot the system with low fan rpm so it's deffinately issue (or working as designed) with software sensors.

The thing is I do not know if this is how it is, and I have to get used to it, or it's an issue.

I would love to hear from other quadro/aquaero owners how their device reacts outside OS when set to software sensor.

orkusmg

Montag, 7. Januar 2019, 15:00

btw. - I will eventually have custom loop installed but still have few parts missing. once I have it I will put quadro temp sensor to base fan rpm's on liquid temp. Nevertheless - I would still like to know if it's possible to resolve my current issue and how other devices behave once using SW sensors.

boli

Montag, 7. Januar 2019, 15:26

The difference in the manual suggests that this may be a shortcoming of the Quadro vs the Aquaero. I recently asked for the appropriate device for my use case and was recommended a Quadro. One noteworthy difference was the Aquaero’s ability to use temperature deltas as input, others such as RGBpx I don’t care about. I ordered the Aquaero mostly because the Quadro was not available (and delta temp thing is a plus). Should arrive this week, will update here regarding this issue.

Hopefully others can help you out.

Maybe you want to write an email to support, they don’t always see everything in the forums.

Edit: I'll ask about this issue in "my" original thread, I suppose stuff is more visible in the german part of the forum. ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »boli« (7. Januar 2019, 17:24)

orkusmg

Montag, 7. Januar 2019, 20:16

Thnks boli, much appreciated :)

Dienstag, 8. Januar 2019, 07:31

Can you provide an screenshot of the Aquasuite of the page in which you can configure the software sensors? The "farbwerk" for example is also able to have a fallback value configured. Would be suprised if the QUADRO doesnt have it, when not request the feature per mail or in the QUARDO Thread.

orkusmg

Dienstag, 8. Januar 2019, 09:35

Can you provide an screenshot of the Aquasuite of the page in which you can configure the software sensors?
This is how it looks (1st four sensors are the HW temp sensors, than the flow and rest of them are SW sensors, where in my case I use GPU & CPU sw sensors).

I have attached 3 screens, SW sensor options, HW sensor options and FAN setup page.
»orkusmg« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • 2019-01-08_09h27_26.png
  • 2019-01-08_09h27_43.png
  • 2019-01-08_09h28_40.png

boli

Dienstag, 8. Januar 2019, 20:01

Got my Aquaero 6 LT today, and installed it next to my PC temporarily for testing, to play around with it a little bit.

Like you, I added the GPU core temperature as a software sensor, and like the manual suggested, it does have a fallback temperature (called Rückfall-temperatur in the picture).

The relevant part is the bottom right of the picture. Compared to your first picture it becomes evident that your Quadro does not have this ability, just like the manual suggested. :(

But like Chris suggested, maybe asking AC if they could add this ability might help. Or maybe there's some other solution. As a workaround you probably could just sleep your PC instead of shutting it down. :rolleyes:
But then again, based on your eventual target configuration it won't really be an issue anyway.
»boli« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • aquaero_sensors.PNG

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »boli« (8. Januar 2019, 20:10)

orkusmg

Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2019, 12:58

Hi boli,

Thanks for the screenshot, I saw same ones on youtube and thought that maybe it's some old version of aquasuit since it looks entirely different than what I see in my software. But it seems the case is that QUADRO is not only different from aquaero when it comes to HW but also in software area. It's a bumer really :/ I was aware and picked quadro as it should be enough for my needs hence I picked this instead of aquaero, I thought that at least in terms of FANs it has exactly the same functionality - seems like not.

Yes I will request this functionality but I do not see it happen to fast or at all.

In terms of work around - I do not switch off my PC to often but I restart it quite often, especially now when I am trying to squeze everything in term of OC from i9 9900k.

boli

Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2019, 16:08

Chris also requested this feature in the german Quadro thread earlier today.

Anyway, once you get your custom loop and water temp sensor connected to the Quadro, all will be well – with that as the goal state the Quadro does fit your needs (and is a lot smaller and cheaper), otherwise a full blown Aquaero (possibly "LT" without display) would have been better.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »boli« (9. Januar 2019, 16:13)

orkusmg

Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2019, 18:06

Yes, you're correct, once the setup is finished, QUADRO will be sufficient :)

orkusmg

Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2019, 11:14

Dears,

I've received reply from AC team on this subject. Unfortunately default 'fall back' value for FANs once using software sensors is 100% - working as designed. And I qute: "At the moment QUADRO does not allow to set a custom fall back value. Maybe we will add an option to do so in the future."

Ok, so I can understand the fact that QUADRO is the cheaper version of their flagship product and obviously it does not provide such versitality as aquaero - but to be honest before anyone buys it and will do the research available on AC website, one can be left with an impression that at least in the area of what's available in QUADRO, such as fans and RGB (I can not comment on 2nd one as I do not have any RGB strips in my PC) you are getting everything that aquaero can do - this is obviously not the case. This is a little bit discomforting for me, knowing how small software change it is and how big difference it makes in terms of functionality.

Anyway - CSI QUADRO - case closed :)

Thank you all for getting involved.

What's the current status on this?

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 10:46

Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but could anyone please tell me if this is still an issue today or if they have added a fallback solution by now?

Remayz

Freitag, 10. Februar 2023, 13:06

Yes, all PWM outputs on Quadro and Octo have a fallback % setting for when the software sensor is not available.
Even if you use virtual sensors, you can set fallback values for the virtual sensors in the Playground so they don't blast your ears with high speed fans at startup.

Sonntag, 19. Februar 2023, 17:12

I must be doing something wrong then. As you can see in the image below I have set the fallback power of my fans to 10% but on startup they still blast at 100% for a few seconds.

But I shouldn't even need a fallback value in the first place because the fan curve is based on a temperature sensor that's directly plugged into the Quadro, not a software sensor.

So why are they still going to max speed on startup?

Remayz

Montag, 20. Februar 2023, 16:12

weird. Mines don't.
I have "hold minimum power" un-ticked though.
can you show a screenshot of the whole fan channel window, to see the fan curve you got?

Samstag, 20. Januar 2024, 23:05

Thanks, you save my life, my fans was at 100% at starting of my computer, oh my god ! :love: :love: :love: